Creating a Guardian, Should i?

in Guardian

Posted by: MacedoPT.9684

MacedoPT.9684

Hello guys, im having some trouble chosing my new class (Probably making it main and prob kinda only char)…

So to make it simple: (Topics)

- I have lv80 Ranger with 3 exotic sets, commander status, some account improvements and so on…

- I know Guardian fir anywhere but my problem is: I have that small group of m8s that usually hang together and we are smth like this:

2 Guardians + My Ranger + 2 Warriors + 1 Necro + 1 Elementalist (Lvling).

Would it be wise to create a Guardian? would it be workable or smth in higher lvl content to have 3 Guardians in same party when we happen to be the 3 online at same time? wich happens a lot…

If not, my other options are: Elementalist and Mesmer (Mesmer my problem is off.combat mobility).

thanks

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

I’d say 1 guardian is optimal, two DPS guards is still alright but any more than that you are just missing out

Elementalists on the other hand are always good to stack up

in Guardian

MacedoPT.9684

Thx pain for the fast awnser, my problem presists in this: i have a ranger and im kinda tired of getting to do SO MUCH for it to work on normal rates that im tired of that, wouldnt elementalist fall into this path?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

What content do you typically do?

I would roll a guardian anyways though be aware the new leveling system is much more tedious than before. Also, there may be a chance that your friends would want to roll other characters, and so it may be good to switch roles once in a while.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

MacedoPT.9684

meh, their kinda like me, they just stick to 1 char u know…

Fracts, Dungs and some wvw…

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You can never have enough guardians in wvw, I’d say! But I’m very biased.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

MacedoPT.9684

Im not worried bout WvW tough m8, cuz Guardians are great there, no matter how many, but in Dungeons and Fractals…

in Guardian

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Make a guardian. But dont make a bunker guardian for pve, make a dps one, usually most guardians in the game use defensive builds, but a group with 3 defensive guardians (which i bet your guardian friends are running bunker since they also do wvw) makes the runs painfully slow.

And dont camp staff please, i dont know why wvw players believe staff is so awesome to use in pve.

Just follow this guide https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/first

in Guardian

MacedoPT.9684

my m8s are running dps guards in dungs…

well elementalist is becoming more and more of an option as it add’s zerg support and dungeons support + eventual dungeons max damage if traited…

between elementalist guardian and ranger for WvW + PvE what would u guys point at?

Bout the 3 guardians in a team (dungeons/ fract): does this work? i mean, will it slow down the dungeon or fract to much?

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

my m8s are running dps guards in dungs…

well elementalist is becoming more and more of an option as it add’s zerg support and dungeons support + eventual dungeons max damage if traited…

between elementalist guardian and ranger for WvW + PvE what would u guys point at?

Bout the 3 guardians in a team (dungeons/ fract): does this work? i mean, will it slow down the dungeon or fract to much?

I would say 2 max really, guardian has bad offensive buffing to the party so 1 guardian is usually the right amount, however 2 dps guards isn’t half bad, if you really want to go guardian then yeah you can, anything in pve “works”

in Guardian

MacedoPT.9684

Thanks for the replies … i will prob give a shot at elementalisft for the sake of the group for now

thanks again … and have fun all

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Guardians are useful in all facets of the game.

I’d still make one if its your style of play.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

you may face survivability problem as full dps ele until you get used to it in high lvl fracs/dungs (low hp). in full dps guardian its still quite easy to survive (blocks, blinds, vigor, VoR). but yes, having 3 guardians in 5man content (even dps ones) is far from optimal , id say ranger is better in this case (spotter+frost spirit). since you got 2 guards already to take care of condis cleans/reflects mesmer wouldnt be the best choice (only for portal?). you may also consider thief for dps (d/d), lazy play with still not terrible dps (pistol whip spam), blind spam, some projectile defense, stealth

(edited by zaw.6741)