DH - Ranged DPS - traps at feet?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You aren’t using traps correctly, at a conceptual level.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: RakumiAzuri.1569

RakumiAzuri.1569

You aren’t using traps correctly, at a conceptual level.

This is such a helpful post that I need to +1 it. I mean you really out did yourself with all that detail and insight.

in Guardian

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The traps are conceptually meant to discourage those from getting to close to you so you can pee pee at them safely and I dragon them with traps if they get to close.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Guardian

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

I have to agree with op, traps are very very pvp oriented imo, as DH you want to stay as far away as possible yet you can only meele trap wich means traps are useless in PvE, unless very certain situations. I can see their value in PvP, not so much in PvE :/ Wich is a shame, they look great

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

This is such a helpful post that I need to +1 it. I mean you really out did yourself with all that detail and insight.

Hey, I put in at least as much effort in my posts as the OP does. Sometimes more, but never less.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

I’m enjoying DH so far. The Bow is decent, the traits are ok but i just can’t make sense of traps. There is a trait that increases damage done the further you far from a target, yet you lay traps at your feet?

So I’m supposed to run in and make myself vulnerable, lay traps, then run back losing damage? That just seems like a design flaw.

DH traps seriously need to be thrown at range.

Also not sure if its a bug or not but I placed 3 traps down under Teq several times during the fight and they didn’t activate once.

Unlike Rangers DH don’t lose dps when they get close on the bow. Stationary mobs don’t trigger traps. You can’t place a trap under someone feet and if the never talk a step they wont trigger it (he may trigger it on his return not sure).

As a Guardian/Hunter its not hard to port in and blind/KD/aegis and lay your traps. As with all things you have to pick your fights, So you have to go to and some will come to you.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sir Pizza.8342

Sir Pizza.8342

I’m sure you should take a choke point, use the massive AOEs to take crowded enemies down, while using the traps and melee to block of&skill any who managed to get close.

A really big example is standing on a one way corridor, put traps beneath your feet, shoot the enemies and move to the opposite direction of your enemy, forcing them to either take distance or eat the traps and die if there’s enough of them.

in Guardian

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

Unlike Rangers DH don’t lose dps when they get close on the bow.

Welp, you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

in Guardian

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

The only thing we lose is 7% damage bonus from our minir trait. Care to explain how he is wrong beyond that? Medi leap mid trueshot cast is brital in pvp for example.

in Guardian

Swiftwynd.1685

Playing dragonhunter in pve in hot maps, having the secuirty of traps to wreck any of the billio s of movs that like to charge you from range is hoghly useful. Traps arent all perfect for sure, such as the heal trap needing to trigger on you or allys health similar to rangers instead of on only foe passing it, but they certainly help make it easier to deal with foes that are otherwise a huge hassel. Rolling devils, mushroom chargers, pocket raptors, and the vampire beasts melt to traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

The only thing we lose is 7% damage bonus from our minir trait. Care to explain how he is wrong beyond that? Medi leap mid trueshot cast is brital in pvp for example.

Aside from that? What a lolworthy request. That’s like asking how cars are useful to every day folks aside from their ability to transport things. You can’t just rule out the entire point of something just because you want to disagree with my statement..

His statement: DH doesn’t lose DPS when going in close. Reality: DH loses a 6% damage modifier. Fact: DH loses DPS when going in close.

in Guardian

Swiftwynd.1685

Aside from that? What a lolworthy request. That’s like asking how cars are useful to every day folks aside from their ability to transport things. You can’t just rule out the entire point of something just because you want to disagree with my statement..

His statement: DH doesn’t lose DPS when going in close. Reality: DH loses a 6% damage modifier. Fact: DH loses DPS when going in close.

It’s 6%

Have a nice day, you are unreasonable.