DH longbow is truly silly.

in Guardian

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Auto attacks of 2-3k and true shots of 10k, meanwhile if you come on point the Whirling BLades do 5k a shot with daze on activation so you can only teleport if it’s a stunbreak as well.
From a rational point of view, how is this any worse than a trapper ranger with a longbow? Because Dragonhunter traps benefit from PRECISELY the same stats and buffs that longbow does, whereas trapper rangers have to sacrifice some stats for condi, or have their traps hit like a wet noodle.
Dragonhunters also get far better knockback on longbow (sure, if they trait for it) which gives them buffs if they do so. Overall, you end up with a build with no sensible counters that don’t rely on having your entire utility bar set up purely to fight dragonhunters… and even then their base damage and aegis will push them ahead.
Their “Shield everything from the front” is doubly stupid when combined with this, as especially in a 1v1 situation they can negate basically all your damage for far longer than is sensible.
Please, fix PART of this. Let them have their longbow of doom WITHOUT the traps, or make all the traps condition based (sure they’ll still get might stacking but at least they can’t literally kill you with less than half the power of a single trap), or make the traps smaller so that you can at least kite the edge of the point, turn the longbow power down… just SOMETHING.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Auto attacks of 2-3k and true shots of 10k, meanwhile if you come on point the Whirling BLades do 5k a shot with daze on activation so you can only teleport if it’s a stunbreak as well.
From a rational point of view, how is this any worse than a trapper ranger with a longbow? Because Dragonhunter traps benefit from PRECISELY the same stats and buffs that longbow does, whereas trapper rangers have to sacrifice some stats for condi, or have their traps hit like a wet noodle.
Dragonhunters also get far better knockback on longbow (sure, if they trait for it) which gives them buffs if they do so. Overall, you end up with a build with no sensible counters that don’t rely on having your entire utility bar set up purely to fight dragonhunters… and even then their base damage and aegis will push them ahead.
Their “Shield everything from the front” is doubly stupid when combined with this, as especially in a 1v1 situation they can negate basically all your damage for far longer than is sensible.
Please, fix PART of this. Let them have their longbow of doom WITHOUT the traps, or make all the traps condition based (sure they’ll still get might stacking but at least they can’t literally kill you with less than half the power of a single trap), or make the traps smaller so that you can at least kite the edge of the point, turn the longbow power down… just SOMETHING.

While I would agree on DH needing a nerf you complain about quite random things. Daze on trap activation or procession of blades seem odd things to cry about and I wouldn’t touch those. Also making traps condi based is a terrible idea. The only trap that really needs a nerf on the initial damage is test of faith imo.

Apart from that you exegerate a lot on longbow damage. 10k true shots in pvp are not realistic with a halfway competetive build. 7k is like the biggest I’ve seen on marauder medi trapper. True shot could need a slight nerf in damage and maybe a tiny increase on the cooldown but nerfing it to the ground is definetly not a solution.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

If you’re getting hit with 10k True Shots, you might want to put on some chest armor. Even with Berserker amulet the highest I’ve hit with it is about 7.8k.

The original iteration of the traps were Condi-based (BWE1) and they were terrible as Guardians can’t apply bleed outside of a 20s CD. IMO all DH traps needs is an arming time as they’re little more than PBAoE ATM. Other traps in the game need to be brought up to DH levels too.

(edited by ZoroDaOtter.3859)

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Not have the pleasure of trying the DragonHunter yet, cause of Daredevil and Herald.
But I find it silly thqt you claim a random knockback with 10 sec cd is better than the rangers.. Yeah we get stability, but I would rather have that on a skill I could control abit better tbh.
The AA dmg, well this is Spvp you talk about?, doesn’t seem worse than Revenant or even the thief tbh.. Might be off here. That being said I do not give 5 cent for Spvp, feels kinda off. I like that they balance it for Spvp and Pve

Also can you maybe put some screenshot or anything to support your claims?

My final thought is that so many people complaims about nearly every class (I lurk in every forums when I get the sparetime) which makes me wonder if the class actually is rather balanced..

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

KeK again comparing dps traps to your condi ones, apples and oranges.

in Guardian

SolarDragon.7063

I’m making the point that the traps and longbow work off the same principles, a la power and crit, so you can make a trap build that is still absolutely devastating at range, whereas ranger, the other damage trap class, has to make a tradeoff between their primary ranged weapon, longbow, and their traps-or use shortbow which is barely outside a point skirmishing weapon.
I’ve been hit by10k+ shots, in fact I think I saw 11.5. While calling this "not competitive is probably true, the more normal 7-8k range is still devastating, while the traps prevent closing from being as sure a strategy as it should be.
The problem isn’t any one part of the build, really, the problem is that with one build, it dominates at all ranges up to 1.2k, while being on a class that can easily gapclose [JI, Flashing Blade] with anything that outranges it (engi, ranger, anything I’ve missed?).

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

I’m making the point that the traps and longbow work off the same principles, a la power and crit, so you can make a trap build that is still absolutely devastating at range, whereas ranger, the other damage trap class, has to make a tradeoff between their primary ranged weapon, longbow, and their traps-or use shortbow which is barely outside a point skirmishing weapon.
I’ve been hit by10k+ shots, in fact I think I saw 11.5. While calling this "not competitive is probably true, the more normal 7-8k range is still devastating, while the traps prevent closing from being as sure a strategy as it should be.
The problem isn’t any one part of the build, really, the problem is that with one build, it dominates at all ranges up to 1.2k, while being on a class that can easily gapclose [JI, Flashing Blade] with anything that outranges it (engi, ranger, anything I’ve missed?).

Lmao then why not make a shortbow/trap ranger? It would be condi and everything.

Jesus Christ go back to your profession forum and stop QQing.

in Guardian

SolarDragon.7063

Lmao then why not make a shortbow/trap ranger? It would be condi and everything.

You apparently missed the whole section where I said shortbow has less range, meaning you have to normally close onto the point and skirmish. It also gets OUTranged by almost any other ranged class.
Ranger also does not have “teleport to enemy” unlike Guardian.

(edited by SolarDragon.7063)

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

You apparently missed the whole section where I said shortbow has less range, meaning you have to normally close onto the point and skirmish. It also gets OUTranged by almost any other ranged class.
Ranger also does not have “teleport to enemy” unlike Guardian.

300 range difference, big whoop. Look how fast it attacks, I can stack like 20 bleeds easy with shortbow.

in Guardian

SolarDragon.7063

300 range difference, big whoop. Look how fast it attacks, I can stack like 20 bleeds easy with shortbow.

Not when they’re running towards you.
You also can’t teleport onto someone and drop your traps instantly. Or go basically invulnerable to a facing.

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

Not when they’re running towards you.
You also can’t teleport onto someone and drop your traps instantly. Or go basically invulnerable to a facing.

Oh wow, a combo that can be done every 45 seconds.

in Guardian

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

True shot needs a nerf. Don’t even try to defend it. All of my guildies who main guardian completely agree that this ability is kittened.

I’m being hit in WvW for 8-10k and I’m on a warrior with 1800 toughness. The actual skill animation is BARELY noticeable and it’s on such a short cool down it’s absurd. It’s a kill shot on a ridiculously short cool down that doesn’t need to build adrenaline.

If you’ve got 2-3 DH’s in an enemy group it’s impossible to avoid these true shots because they don’t have an obvious kneeling animation and long casting time.

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

True shot needs a nerf. Don’t even try to defend it. All of my guildies who main guardian completely agree that this ability is kittened.

I’m being hit in WvW for 8-10k and I’m on a warrior with 1800 toughness. The actual skill animation is BARELY noticeable and it’s on such a short cool down it’s absurd. It’s a kill shot on a ridiculously short cool down that doesn’t need to build adrenaline.

If you’ve got 2-3 DH’s in an enemy group it’s impossible to avoid these true shots because they don’t have an obvious kneeling animation and long casting time.

Nah, its fine the way it is.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

I must really be playing DH wrong. I was kinda disappointed and find my Daredevil and Herald doing more dps.. Though all this whining about DH kinda sparks my interest in my guardian again.

That being said I still think warriors beats guardians in dps and burst.

in Guardian

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

5 second CD on bow 2 might get tweaked, other than that the class feels on par with others. You ever fought a mesmer in wvw? Or seen the cooldowns on staff druid? Every class can bring something to the table than can over power a class not ready for it.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

The longbow and traps becomes a joke when you meet competitive roamers with it and you are forced to switch weapon immediately or die right there, you oughta not balance this purely for PvP

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

EvilSardine.9635

Hey, I realize you need your crutch but all good guardians agree that this skill is overpowered and needs tweaking.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

10/10 argumentation how could I not agree with you, wow.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Hey, I realize you need your crutch but all good guardians agree that this skill is overpowered and needs tweaking.

Pity who agree that this skill is op is everyone else that got their kitten kicked.
Overall they are that kind of ppl that write here and there in the forum opopnerfnerf

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

It’s strong but its not OP. Especially the fact that you are rooted in place. If it gets nerfed, then atleast unroot it.

Btw, 1v1 me I’ll rek u even without longbow or traps. In fact, I won’t even be dragonhunter.

(edited by Skyline Crash.6254)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

It’s strong but its not OP. Especially the fact that you are rooted in place. If it gets nerfed, then atleast unroot it.

a 0.75 root is nothing when the target is CC;ed or immobilsed and for that amount of damage a 0.75 root is enough and won’t be removed.

with all the different type of Abilities DH can have , from my Balancing experience of playing guild wars for 11years since gw1 beta .

this Trueshot ether needs Piercing removed or a Damage reduction (if you don’t except ether ) the cooldown needs to increase 7-10k with Piercing should not be on a 5second cooldown even with a root 0.75seconds is not long at all when used in Co-op with a immobilise from a team mate or a different source of CC.

it rewards too much ether way.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

@Zenos Osgorma: If you’re hard CC’ed you are going to get melted very fast by almost every berserker build. Mesmer, ele, warrior, ranger, revenant can all unload +10k damage into you in ~2s.

Yes, True Shot is a single skill, while the other classes might have to combo other skills for burst damage, but True Shot is both the start and the end of the burst (unless you are in melee, but then it becomes a problem with traps/alternate weapons).

in Guardian

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

a 0.75 root is nothing when the target is CC;ed or immobilsed and for that amount of damage a 0.75 root is enough and won’t be removed.

with all the different type of Abilities DH can have , from my Balancing experience of playing guild wars for 11years since gw1 beta .

this Trueshot ether needs Piercing removed or a Damage reduction (if you don’t except ether ) the cooldown needs to increase 7-10k with Piercing should not be on a 5second cooldown even with a root 0.75seconds is not long at all when used in Co-op with a immobiise from a team mate or a different source of CC.

From your balancing experience when the target is CCed or immobilized could and should use a stunbreak or a condi clean. This game is plenty of hard and soft cc, plus blocks and dodges and all of them are not a guardian’s prerogative. Overall since it roots the guardian you can even outplay smartly with the los. Or do you prentend to not be even damaged at all?

Jesus guys ok complain on forum but after a bit it really seems a kindergarten festival.
Traps are too strong. Virtues are too much op but who cares if you can interrupt them just delete them so i can play easy. Longbow is too much opopop it should root more, longer animation, lower damage, slower attack, no blind becouse hey i dont wanna slot condi clean and even if i have it, what if i dont wanna use it? Who are you to telling me i should? YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!
No pierce! uh and the block?! oh god when i see the animation i don’t have enough reaction time! And what if i want to keep moving even if i have the kitten chains around me?!?

cmon…

in Guardian

Posted by: Fallendea.4763

Fallendea.4763

Yes, True shot does a lot of dmg.
In PvP without stacked Might u normaly see no 10k crit but 5-7k crit.
But did you know…
Revenant crit me with their hammer for 15k with a 2 sek CD on 1200 range. An Druid just heal more than i can dmg him.
A Reaprer just run in my Traps and get like no dmg and doesnt even have to leave his “form”.
There are many strong things.

I Just hope, they nerf sPvP and PvE differently.
In PvE my True shot crits for like 16k with Might, while my Friend do 22k burning with his Berserker. So 22k dmg per sek against 16k dmg per 4 sek!

Iam afraid of arenanet nerfing DH to the ground, so you cant play him any more.
I think it would be enough to give “Test of Faith”..or how its called (iam not playing gw2 in english) 1/4 sec casttime, so you cant use it in other animations or while stunned. Then maybe a little dmg nerf + People have to think about not constantly running in the Swords like idiots

uhm..yeah..back to topic, sry!

in Guardian

Zenos Osgorma.2936

this Trueshot ether needs Piercing removed or a Damage reduction (if you don’t except ether ) the cooldown needs to increase 7-10k with Piercing should not be on a 5second cooldown even with a root 0.75seconds is not long at all when used in Co-op with a immobiise from a team mate or a different source of CC.

From your balancing experience when the target is CCed or immobilized could and should use a stunbreak or a condi clean. This game is plenty of hard and soft cc, plus blocks and dodges and all of them are not a guardian’s prerogative. Overall since it roots the guardian you can even outplay smartly with the los. Or do you prentend to not be even damaged at all?

Jesus guys ok complain on forum but after a bit it really seems a kindergarten festival.
Traps are too strong. Virtues are too much op but who cares if you can interrupt them just delete them so i can play easy. Longbow is too much opopop it should root more, longer animation, lower damage, slower attack, no blind becouse hey i dont wanna slot condi clean and even if i have it, what if i dont wanna use it? Who are you to telling me i should? YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!
No pierce! uh and the block?! oh god when i see the animation i don’t have enough reaction time! And what if i want to keep moving even if i have the kitten chains around me?!?

cmon…

1. there is no Animation for Trueshot , its practically non- existent .
2. im talking about the combo in any situation dodges or not you only have so many and if those are spent on getting out of CC , the trueshot will still deal a lot of damage , its even more Damaging vs foes that can not escape.
3. even if that fails they can teleport right after , when guess what dodges or blocks ect are on cooldown , then you can go right into planting traps and use a Second! trueshot.
4. these are abilities you can do without a team mate let alone , with support of a team makes the combination Too powerful.

the whole point is not i don’t have enough time to react but " the amount of Consistant Ability the dh has Drains nearly all chances to counter or Have enough abilities to survive a sustainted Assualt even if people did have a Relfect.

so yes Choose. changes , no peircing , lower damage, higher cooldown and or A real Visable Animation ether or something must change.

ps you’re not my mother comment is childish even beyond my commnet which is Constructive.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

except they DO have a kneeling animation and a bit of a wind up cast time.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Indure.5410

so yes Choose. changes , no peircing , lower damage, higher cooldown and or A real Visable Animation ether or something must change.

ps you’re not my mother comment is childish even beyond my commnet which is Constructive.

Make True Shot not pierce: Still going to wreck in single combat like it is now and get complained about.

Increase the cooldown for True Shot: Still going to wreck in combat, but at longer intervals, *cough rangers Rapid Fire.

Give True Shot a super flashy animation that you can’t miss: Still going to wreck if your CC, in a large group battle, or just not looking at the guardian for 1s.

Lower True Shot damage: Great everyone is happy … except for the Guardian that is better off auto attacking since the mobility is worth more than a minor DPS gain *cough sword #3.

(edited by Indure.5410)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Please no more flashy animation, the skill spamming in this game is already paparazzi level…

What we need is mooaar cast time to all skills for slower people, or rework the animation for less efects.
People dont see traps animations because they are spamming all stuff on target :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Make True Shot not pierce: Still going to wreck in single combat like it is now and get complained about.

Increase the cooldown for True Shot: Still going to wreck in combat, but at longer intervals, *cough rangers Rapid Fire.

Give True Shot a super flashy animation that you can’t miss: Still going to wreck if your CC, in a large group battle, or just not looking at the guardian for 1s.

Lower True Shot damage: Great everyone is happy … except for the Guardian that is better off auto attacking since the mobility is worth more than a minor DPS gain *cough sword #3.

a 3/4 second cast doing 7k-10k equal to 3 AA’s , you know the reason why they nurfed ranger LB long range shot last year to make it more Defined compaired to RF (making RF look like a Dps improvement, then they changed it to a 2.5second channel)
that is a reason for a Dps loss.

your AA vs trueshot a 3/4 cast is not a damage loss , you can get 2 AA’s+ a trueshot in the same time as 1/2 a RF , its not a dps loss is it.

in Guardian

EvilSardine.9635

No, it doesn’t. Only the humans do a sort of kneeling animation for like .0000002 seconds before casting an 8-10k attack that pierces and is on a 4 second cool down. Not sure why only the humans do it but the other races don’t kneel.

The animation needs to change and become super obvious, casting time increased, and cool down increased. Right now when I use DH it’s such easy mode that I feel bad running the spec since it’s the FOTM for guardians.

in Guardian

Indure.5410

No, it doesn’t. Only the humans do a sort of kneeling animation for like .0000002 seconds before casting an 8-10k attack that pierces and is on a 4 second cool down. Not sure why only the humans do it but the other races don’t kneel.

The animation needs to change and become super obvious, casting time increased, and cool down increased. Right now when I use DH it’s such easy mode that I feel bad running the spec since it’s the FOTM for guardians.

I run a Norn and I can guarantee we have a kneel animation. Which by the way is far more obvious than a humans.

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

You sure seem to know what you are talking about

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I used to think DH was powerful. Than I used my medi guardian and said “lol”. Then I used my ele and said “oh that is sad”. Then I used my warrior and got my kitten kicked. (I suck at warr)

Lb is really sad. If you push or burst enough, dh needs to swap. I do not have HoT so no idea on possible skills. But traps are not that godlike.

in Guardian

EvilSardine.9635

I do know what I’m talking about. Not sure if you bothered to read my post or not. If not just take the time to do so now.

I run a Norn and I can guarantee we have a kneel animation. Which by the way is far more obvious than a humans.

See, this is the problem with DH players defending an obviously overpowered skill. They have no clue what they’re talking about. This is a norn casting true shot. Looks like every other bow animation. Don’t know if male norns do it any different so please post a screenshot if so.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

Sorry, can’t hear you over the noise caused by the waterfall formed from your tears, can you maybe cry a little bit louder?

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Indure.5410

I do know what I’m talking about. Not sure if you bothered to read my post or not. If not just take the time to do so now.

See, this is the problem with DH players defending an obviously overpowered skill. They have no clue what they’re talking about. This is a norn casting true shot. Looks like every other bow animation. Don’t know if male norns do it any different so please post a screenshot if so.

No, just looked it up … all males have the kneel animation while women don’t. Race doesn’t matter. Although due to height differences the kneel is hard to tell on asura and charr. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEzicX2NeoM

in Guardian

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

Yeah, it’s females that don’t have the kneel. This is rather stupid and I agree that it should be changed to be more visible. Male characters are fine.

in Guardian

Posted by: merchantchuck.4875

merchantchuck.4875

Only female characters dont kneel bud, the males kneel. regardless if they wanted to change the animation then they need to look at the suggestions i made to make it more bad kitten looking, like a nuke. Other than that its fine and doesnt need a nerf, people need to stop wearing glass and complaining about getting rekked.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Only female characters dont kneel bud, the males kneel. regardless if they wanted to change the animation then they need to look at the suggestions i made to make it more bad kitten looking, like a nuke. Other than that its fine and doesnt need a nerf, people need to stop wearing glass and complaining about getting rekked.

were u the 1 that posted that fate/stay archer pic, cause that’d be sick

in Guardian

Posted by: merchantchuck.4875

merchantchuck.4875

Haha ya that was me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Haha ya that was me.

that was a good suggestion. something that, probably i don’t know how their software works, but something maybe they could do is..

take that blue aura u see from equiping the elite signet (think thats where it is), and stick it under the guard while they are ‘charging’ up the true shot, but incr the size of the animation until the shot is released

in Guardian

Posted by: JuliannS.4570

JuliannS.4570

You should stop crying about DH and bring your tears over to the Revenant forum..