Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Sorry just trying to enjoy the game after hot as a thief -.-

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

Just do what everyone does and dodge through an area you think traps are in. As a thief you should have an easy time doing this, specially if your running dash and for panic moments you have your Shadow Steps like getting caught in Dragon’s Maw.

Your average Dragon Hunter isnt exactly subtle with their trap placement either…
Half a second is also gone faster than the more damaging traps can activate
Bringing Interrupts can help slightly since Guardian in general doesnt have consistent access to stability most of the time.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

do daredevils really need 3 dodge bars?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

do daredevils really need 3 dodge bars?

Well they didn’t give a new class mechanic like everyone else so sure.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Augmenting dodges was literally their mechanic

Fishsticks

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Augmenting dodges was literally their mechanic

Primary Class mechanics have all been the F abilities. Steal is the Thief primary class mechanic, not dodges. Again every profession got brand new primary class mechanics except for thieves.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Menyus.4610

Just do what everyone does and dodge through an area you think traps are in. As a thief you should have an easy time doing this, specially if your running dash and for panic moments you have your Shadow Steps like getting caught in Dragon’s Maw.

Your average Dragon Hunter isnt exactly subtle with their trap placement either…
Bringing Interrupts can help slightly since Guardian in general doesnt have consistent access to stability most of the time.

Yeah interrupts but u have so many passive blocks which makes interrupts useless, im running a thief interrupter which means im kinda expert at other classes skills which can be interrupted which build gonna use a skill which can be interrupted but these random blocks kills the fun for me but okey-okey lets just say this is your mechanic but u know its really annoying when u finally could win but oh look that DH just placed a trap which ripped your 25%hp nearly instantly + dazed hs, autoattack whatever u tried to use i also play warrior a lot same problem on it too but but double balanced stance helps a lot…… also(thief interrupt if we use headshot we uses 4 Initiative, so rip restealth)

Also telling me to dodge through the problem is not when he sits on it (howerver spear of “Justice” which kinda undodgeable so u just can pull in…) the problem is when he place intant traps while healing or reading an article about how condi mesmers still in-game on his phone and bamm u just got dazed and kitten d…. also major adept trait…..

Guardian was always hard for a thief but i get to the point where i just stealth away not even try to bother, the spawn is far away……

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Yeah interrupts but u have so many passive blocks which makes interrupts useless, im running a thief interrupter which means im kinda expert at other classes skills which can be interrupted which build gonna use a skill which can be interrupted but these random blocks kills the fun for me but okey-okey lets just say this is your mechanic but u know its really annoying when u finally could win but oh look that DH just placed a trap which ripped your 25%hp nearly instantly + dazed hs, autoattack whatever u tried to use i also play warrior a lot same problem on it too but but double balanced stance helps a lot…… also(thief interrupt if we use headshot we uses 4 Initiative, so rip restealth)

Also telling me to dodge through the problem is not when he sits on it (howerver spear of “Justice” which kinda undodgeable so u just can pull in…) the problem is when he place intant traps while healing or reading an article about how condi mesmers still in-game on his phone and bamm u just got dazed and kitten d…. also major adept trait…..

Guardian was always hard for a thief but i get to the point where i just stealth away not even try to bother, the spawn is far away……

Passive block on guardian right ? Show me your play time on your guardian because write passive block on guardian really need courage.

And let me tell you a secret, Thief hard conter every single guardian in sPvP =)

Attachments:

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Daze on traps however is one of the lamest and unskilled things ingame. I remember it added to traps only as a band-aid during beta with the reasoning to help us actually get people to get hit by traps. We got the pull then too. Now it is instead used as a spammable interrupt and it makes going melee against DH very lame.

9 Guardians later…

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Primary Class mechanics have all been the F abilities. Steal is the Thief primary class mechanic, not dodges. Again every profession got brand new primary class mechanics except for thieves.

Not every elite spec is going to alter a profession’s primary mechanic. This was stated from the very beginning of HoT development.

Engineers didn’t get a new primary mechanic because of their elite spec. They get the F5 without Scrapper.

Daredevil grants 50 endurance on Steal, thereby tying primary mechanic with elite spec theme.

Fishsticks

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

Wait you have trouble dealing with traps on WARRIOR as well? man this sounds like a pretty heavy Learn 2 Play issue. I dont think ive ever met a warrior whos said they have had trouble with DH Traps.

For the record you can move and DODGE while Dazed.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Menyus.4610

Wait you have trouble dealing with traps on WARRIOR as well? man this sounds like a pretty heavy Learn 2 Play issue. I dont think ive ever met a warrior whos said they have had trouble with DH Traps.

For the record you can move and DODGE while Dazed.

I have problem with daze u master pro pvper, ultimate trap defender trap damage is lets just say “okey” but psot was about daze

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Menyus.4610

Passive block on guardian right ? Show me your play time on your guardian because write passive block on guardian really need courage.

And let me tell you a secret, Thief hard conter every single guardian in sPvP =)

“Hard counter” after reading this i cant take your seriously…..

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

(howerver spear of “Justice” which kinda undodgeable so u just can pull in…)

I’ve been wondering why did they fix it, making it dodgeable and then reverted to previous “undodgable” state couple patches later again.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Menyus.4610

I’ve been wondering why did they fix it, making it dodgeable and then reverted to previous “undodgable” state couple patches later again.

Anet bugfixing, Infiltrator’s Strike was more improtant to fix….

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

What are you talking about? SoJ is NOT undodgeable. Frankly, it misses more times than it actually hits.

About the topic, I could atleast get on board with swapping the daze to immobilize. It would be consistent with the traits intention of keeping people in your traps but you would lose the interrupt factor of it. In some cases it would worse but in some cases it would be better.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

so traps on Guards prevents that? I doubt it.

But to your point, I would rather see a different effect on a trap. Daze is a little cheesy. Immobilize or Hammer #5 kind of skill would be better.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

lol immob or warding would be infinitely more cheesy than a half second of daze.

all that would do is encourage more people to run the crappy full traps noob stomper build.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

lol immob or warding would be infinitely more cheesy than a half second of daze.

all that would do is encourage more people to run the crappy full traps noob stomper build.

Not sure why it would be more cheesy … it’s very much inline with what a trap does and it’s completely inline with Anet’s idea of how they want Guardians to play.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

A thief complaining about dazes? That’s bold.

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Not really. One ring of warding at the right time and your dodging won’t count for anything.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Daze on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Not sure why it would be more cheesy … it’s very much inline with what a trap does and it’s completely inline with Anet’s idea of how they want Guardians to play.

Having a traited ward on traps would turn ALL of them into Dragon’s Maw. I think that would be cheesy. You drop 5 traps, the enemy would need 5 stacks of stability to get through them all. Some classes just can’t do that. And a ward would make Test of Faith useless. But immobilize I could see working. 3/4 seconds long base. With 100% increased condi duration that would be 1,5 s which isn’t overpowering.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.