Determined ( PVP + Hammer )

in Guardian

Posted by: Derailed.4817

Derailed.4817

Hey guys, I’m determined on making the hammer work for me in pvp. I was wondering if you guys could take a look at the build I’ve been using and give me some feedback.

Stats / Setup: http://i47.tinypic.com/dpcm7l.png

Link to editor incase you want to read the traits: http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#MccM0oM0mRnLomRnLoGp0p0Mzozos

I’m doing pretty good with it in sPvP. The one thing I’m having trouble with though is taking on more than one at a time. Especialy if I’m trying to get a kiter cornered, by the time they are stuck in a corner or against a wall one of their teamates comes and whoops me ( especialy those dang theifs lol ). Out in the open, it’s a bit diff because I try to " juggle " them with the control effects so after their dodges I’ll leap / port to them and try to manage my time on 3 and 5 skill. Still for some reason I’m having trouble with 2v1’s or multiple enemies I should say. Can any of you guys offer up some tips / advice? I’m loving the hammer, but feel a bit naked with it at the same time. Though I’m determined to stick with 2h hammer and make it work for me lol.

The idea was to keep burns, retaliatons and aegis up while managing control(s)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I would get rid of blind exposure and blinding jeopardy and replace them with Signet mastery and inner fire. Guardians don’t really utilize vulnerability since we can’t stack it very well.

in Guardian

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

I agree that Binding Jeopardy is pretty much worthless.
The only skill you have to activate it is [Zealot’s Embrace], so all you’re getting is 1% extra damage for 5 seconds every 12 seconds, and that’s assuming you actually hit someone with it. The slow moving projectile is pretty easy to dodge.

[Blind Exposure] can be VERY good when fighting a ton of weak enemies in PvE. Combined with [Justice is Blind] and [Renewed Justice], you can pretty much spam Virtue of Justice and stack Vulnerability.
But in sPvP, you simply won’t be killing people anywhere near fast enough to make it worthwhile.

As Arken said, Inner Fire is pretty good in PvP.
I’d probably also get rid of those last 5 points in Zeal and use them in Honor instead to make Symbols larger.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’m not the most experienced in sPvP yet, but i can imagine, like others have said, that stacking blinds with your current set up / or even as Guardians in a PvP setting won’t be of much use.

agreed also if you’re playing with the hammer (i’m hammer user as well), the larger symbols make a HUGE difference! i’m aiming to go down the full Honor line iirc, larger symbols, symbols last longer, and 2 handed mastery are pretty beneficial for the hammer

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall