Detonate Orb of Light-change made? Dec.2016

in Guardian

Posted by: KGUN.8374

KGUN.8374

Detonate Orb of Light
Healing: 788 (0.6)?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Detonate_Orb_of_Light

-The Change-
Detonate Orb of Light: The healing contribution of this ability has been increased by 67%.

-For the change—
I’m not a math wiz(let me know if I did this correct) but shouldn’t the healing from detonate orb be like =

788 × .67 = 527.96
788 + 527.96 = 1315.96

So it should be 1315.96 base heal upon detonate the orb if I’m even doing this correctly. . . anyone confirm if it has been changed correctly also Thanks.

in Guardian

KGUN.8374

and I’m talking about in game, I know it may take time for the wiki to be changed/updated.

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

It was 788+(healing power x .60), it should now be 788+(healing power x 1.002). Which checks out since with mender’s amulet I get ~1800 healing.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Guardian

KGUN.8374

King did they Not increase the direct healing amount by 67% of the 788 , – they Increased how healing power(stat) effects it? – This is where I’ve been lost. I Thought they directly changed the healing amount of the skill . . . .
I think I get it now, it’s the healing power effect(.6) that’s been x by 67% /… .6 + .402 = 1.002

Thanks for the help, King.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Anypne try running vanilla bunker guard with staff and see if it works out?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

A little healing increase on 1 ability isn’t going to suddenly make bunker guard meta

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

well they did also lower cd on virtues and the signet elite. was kind of hoping all the changes combined would amount to something

in Guardian

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Bunker is decent. I held out mid against 4 while we took home and far at beginning of match. I ended up dying just as the rest of my team showed up and took mid too. With 2-4 allies with you, the self healing is unreal.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

The staff changes make it a fair bit better. To clarify, Line of Warding’s cooldown got reduced from 40 to 30 in PvP, and Detonate Orb of Light had its healing power ratio buffed from 0.67 to 1.00. Additionally, all virtues were buffed by an insane amount (especially Virtue of Justice’s active, which is literally 3x as good now). Signet of Courage also has a much shorter cooldown in addition to its previous casting time buff, so it might actually be good now.

Just to be clear, there is a difference between bunkering and supporting. DHs will always be better bunkers than base guardians because their virtues simply keep them alive for much longer (Wings of Resolve/Shield of Courage with RF adds insane survivability), but base guardians are much better at supporting than DHs now. I have to say, I prefer it this way as well.

Since the staff, virtues, consecrations, and support signets all got buffed, I’d say a guardian using these in PvP is actually viable and extremely good at supporting.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

I wouldn’t play either one there are much better support bunkers. I never got the menders DH build some insist on playing it is weak against good players. It doesn’t have the support capabilities of an ele and is only a little harder to kill. Vanilla bunker guardian does almost zero damage and other classes bring more to the table again our friend the ele. I just dont see the reason to play a Guardian HoT or non HoT as a bunker or support if optimizing your success is your goal. You can do it and win but it will be against players worse then you are which to me is a poor gauge of success. You wan’t builds that can help you beat people your skill level or even a little better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I wouldn’t play either one there are much better support bunkers. I never got the menders DH build some insist on playing it is weak against good players. It doesn’t have the support capabilities of an ele and is only a little harder to kill. Vanilla bunker guardian does almost zero damage and other classes bring more to the table again our friend the ele. I just dont see the reason to play a Guardian HoT or non HoT as a bunker or support if optimizing your success is your goal. You can do it and win but it will be against players worse then you are which to me is a poor gauge of success. You wan’t builds that can help you beat people your skill level or even a little better.

Are you speaking from experience or theory? Bunker guard’s healing is on par with ele, plus they provide a lot of stability, aegises, aoe stun breaks, regen…

I disagree that other classes provide more support. The stomp and rez securement alone does wonders.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

A bunker guardian with magi’s certainly won’t do damage, and it certainly won’t last as long as an ele unless it’s a dragonhunter which is needed if you wanna bunker as a guardian. Of course, if it’s a dragonhunter then they won’t offer as much support either. As for a base guardian using mender’s, they deal fairly good damage just with a scepter and Virtue of Justice; the support they offer over eles is also pretty substantial from supportive utilities, the staff, and base virtues.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)