Devs Can you remove spirit weapons please?

in Guardian

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

I haven’t seen somebody use spirit weapons in a LONG time. The most I’ve seen of them is when a new player puts them on thinking that it’ll be cool or something. Or some random player screwing around with nonsense builds trying to be funny (I did that as well, all spirit weapons build come at me bro rofl)

Can you guys just please remove them already? Every time I mouse over them I get sad thinking of all the potential they could have had if they were given a proper retouch. If you aren’t going to acknowledge them, or even respond to previous posts about spirit weapons assuring us that either you are, or are not working on them. Then just remove them, tidy up a bit, do something ANYTHING!

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I concur! Instead of palying a pretend game just remove the stuff that isnt used.

Add in signets, shouts and consecrations while you are at it. They are all for gimmick and “incompetence builds”. Btw you can do the same with approx 70% of our traits as well. You probably got the numbers, just act on them.

I am all open for helping out with needed changes but i am just tired of trying to suggest stuff when nothing really happens.

Now i am off to “The division”.

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkMonk.4531

DarkMonk.4531

Since when Shield of the Avenger stopped being Spirit Weapon?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Since when Shield of the Avenger stopped being Spirit Weapon?

While caster is taking range damage single target skills and he just stays there, watching and chilling, doing nothing.

SoA does not work if caster if beign atacked from a upper position, and a ton of other isues SW have.

I usually use SoA for a block and condi removal, IF doesnt get killed at the initial seconds of being casted….. while other dumb unbalanced skills can be easilly spammed. GG Anet nice combat design.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Leopold.9240

Leopold.9240

Sometimes i wish there was a elite which combine spirit weapons bound on the guard. like some concept arts.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Abe Kleine.3568, i use SoA againt DH, its supper effective, absorving, bow range, GS binding blades, zealot embrace,zealot defense, and probably spear of justice.

Also command, gives me a block, and block when used heal me for a small amount(that needs to be boosted) and removes a condi.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Abe Kleine.3568, i use SoA againt DH, its supper effective, absorving, bow range, GS binding blades, zealot embrace,zealot defense, and probably spear of justice.

Also command, gives me a block, and block when used heal me for a small amount(that needs to be boosted) and removes a condi.

Edit: i am making a guardian change sugestion to Anet ill cover SW there as well, they are a funny model to play problem is that the atacking weapons never reach the enemy due evasion and speed boost/mobility of the targets and they die with one or 2 skills.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daniel.1204

Daniel.1204

Don’t remove them, more like replace them for virtue, virtue are maybe acceptable for DH but for guardian are useless, Virtue of Resolve heal for 1500 + 85hp/s and have kitten CD(with hits from enemy for 3-8k is this really low – Wings of Resolve heal for 4k i don’t no why is there so much difference between them) Virtue of Justice number of attacks to trigger 5, better if they remove this too and give the burning dmg to some weapons ability instead (Spear of Justice have nice abillity to pull enemy to you but DH is ranget class so why this have only DH ranget class but normal guardian do not even when he need this more :P ). And Virtue of Courage 1 block for 60s and refres aegis every 40s if is passiv active – one block means in pvp realy nothing, Shield of Courage give block for every attack front of you for 5s but again ranget class really dont need this so much like melee class do, Indomitable Courage make virtue of courage at least little bit useful without dragonhunter specialization (but again 4s stability with 60s CD is to little with too much long CD – scappers Perfectly Weighted give stability everytime when he dodge attack with only 5s CD :P). Spirit weapon are nice and unique ability that only guardian have so make them more usefull in battle somethin like: F1 ability hit enemy with spirit hammer to knock down your foe and deal dmg, F2 summon arrow barrage to location with healing arrows, F3 summon shield that reflect attack for 3-5s, F4 summon falling greatsword from sky (something like garen in league of legends :P that is nice) that give dmg every enemy in 200-300 radius. Only reason to summon spirit weapons now is for they commands ability so give guardian only those ability instead virtue.

Mine english is bad i know sorry for that.

Why when i write 45 in the comment is there written kitten instead ?

(edited by Daniel.1204)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I have said for several years that they should change them to function like weapon enchantments did on the Dervish in GW1.

For those who don’t know what that did the weapon enchantments acted in a similar fashion to thief venom’s, except instead of doing conditions they had various effects ranging from health steals, AOE healing, some conditions etc..

By doing that they could keep the general feel & look of the spirit weapons, except the effect would be applied to you.

For instance

The sword, could give you access to some condition on attack for X attacks.

The hammer, could cause your next attack to be a knock down

The shield, could create a bubble that stays on you for X seconds which absorbs or blocks ranged attacks

The staff, could cause your next X attacks to do an AOE heal in addition to whatever the attack does.

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I didn’t mind seeing but never using the spirit weapons untill scrapper. Now I know they don’t have to be useless, but are protoskills that never got attention.