Devs - Strength in Numbers

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

This such a useless trait. It has ~horrible~ scaling… .and this is after it was buffed.

Please someone correct me, but at 80 in exotics + ascended at about 3300 Armor… 70 Toughness is about 1.2% damage reduction?

This needs to be scalled up to at least 5%: personally, 10% would make it worthwile over the other traits: Meditation, Purity, Retributive…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’m actually taking it every time when WvW’ing in bigger groups. It’s not much but at least something.

I certainly wouldn’t say no to a buff, though.

in Guardian

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

This such a useless trait. It has ~horrible~ scaling… .and this is after it was buffed.

Please someone correct me, but at 80 in exotics + ascended at about 3300 Armor… 70 Toughness is about 1.2% damage reduction?

This needs to be scalled up to at least 5%: personally, 10% would make it worthwile over the other traits: Meditation, Purity, Retributive…

Strength in Numbers is relative to who is receiving it. It’s terrible when you have 3300 armor, but it’s not too bad when you only have 2200. Suggesting that guardians should have access to a constant 5-10% aoe damage reduction, on top of the amount of AOE protection, and on top of 3300 armor is not realistic. That’s way too strong for a passive trait.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

To put it on par w/ the other traits in the line, is not OP. The other traits are definatly superior in every way.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

And yet, warrior Banners get the buff…

•Banner of Defense skill: Increased toughness and vitality granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
•Banner of Discipline skill: Increased precision granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.
•Banner of Strength skill: Increased power and condition damage granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m a little irked by the gracious amount of stats imparted to banner warrior. 170 of anything is ALOT, too much in fact. Such ridiculous buffs do put other group sharing stat abilities to question.

in Guardian

Posted by: Poverty.2675

Poverty.2675

Warrior banners are utility skills, where Strength In Numbers is a trait.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

This.

If banners had 100% uptime and Strength In Numbers required you to forfeit a utility slot, there might be a valid comparison, but as it stands, it is like comparing apples to cats.

For an adept-tier trait, it isn’t bad. I’d like it to be stronger, but then it would probably have to be in a higher tier. You can always claim that “1.2% is too low” but you’re also forgetting a key point; it isn’t 1.2%, it is just over 2%.

At 3300 armor, +70 is a 2.1% reduction.
At 3000 armor, +70 is a 2.3% reduction.
At 2500 armor, +70 is a 2.8% reduction.
At 2000 armor, +70 is a 3.4% reduction.

For a 10-point major trait, 2% isn’t bad. Sure, 5% would be better, but lets face it, 5% damage reduction is too good for an always-on 10-point trait. We’re moving up to master or grandmaster territory for that… maybe it could give Monk’s Focus a run for its money. I wouldn’t mind seeing that.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

in Guardian

Amins.3710

This.

If banners had 100% uptime and Strength In Numbers required you to forfeit a utility slot, there might be a valid comparison, but as it stands, it is like comparing apples to cats.

For an adept-tier trait, it isn’t bad. I’d like it to be stronger, but then it would probably have to be in a higher tier. You can always claim that “1.2% is too low” but you’re also forgetting a key point; it isn’t 1.2%, it is just over 2%.

At 3300 armor, +70 is a 2.1% reduction.
At 3000 armor, +70 is a 2.3% reduction.
At 2500 armor, +70 is a 2.8% reduction.
At 2000 armor, +70 is a 3.4% reduction.

For a 10-point major trait, 2% isn’t bad. Sure, 5% would be better, but lets face it, 5% damage reduction is too good for an always-on 10-point trait. We’re moving up to master or grandmaster territory for that… maybe it could give Monk’s Focus a run for its money. I wouldn’t mind seeing that.

2% is horrible.

10 pt in Raidance provides 3 stacks of vulnerability (or 3%) for the same 10 pts.
5 pts in Radiance provides an AoE blind… calculate that damage.

5 pts in virtues provides 33% Reduction for everyone in group for 5s, 3 stacks of might & a healthy regen to boot.

You don’t want to play that game because Strength in Numbers is ~HORRIBLE~ in comparison to the other 10pt traits.

5% dmg reduction should be ~minimum~.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Your comparisons are hilarious, since you seem to have discarded duration and up-cycle.

Always on. Always on if you are stunned. Always on if you are out of range of the enemy. Always on if you need to keep your virtues ready or have already cashed them out.

BIG difference from any of those yeah maybe conditionally sure if things are going right, not so sure when the rotary occelator is flinging effluvium alternatives you’re holding up.

It could be bigger. 100 would be nice simply as a human-readable number. Gaining a 150% or larger buff in a single itteration? Yeah, no.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Your comparisons are hilarious, since you seem to have discarded duration and up-cycle.

Always on. Always on if you are stunned. Always on if you are out of range of the enemy. Always on if you need to keep your virtues ready or have already cashed them out.

BIG difference from any of those yeah maybe conditionally sure if things are going right, not so sure when the rotary occelator is flinging effluvium alternatives you’re holding up.

It could be bigger. 100 would be nice simply as a human-readable number. Gaining a 150% or larger buff in a single itteration? Yeah, no.

I don’t believe you’re following the conversation.

Amins – Guardian