Dh builds using longbow

Dh builds using longbow

in Guardian

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Hi, I want DH as one of my alts but before I do the hero point grind I want to make sure I can actually use the longbow.

Are there any pvp/pve builds which actually use that weapon? Most that I have read people are still using GS/SF with the typical medi build just with DH added on.

Would it be possible to use something like meditations with longbow and something like hammer? How would you build for something like that?

Any advice/builds welcome

Thanks

Dh builds using longbow

in Guardian

Posted by: Karma.3064

Karma.3064

I use a Longbow/Greatsword build for pve that works great. Great deal of sustained and burst to it with the traps. There are several ways you can do it depending on your play style. I know the go to got pvp is Honor, Virtues, DH. I’m running Radiance, Honor, DH as my set up is based off of group fights more then anything. However, it is pretty easy to solo most of the champion mobs in HoT with it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATRn8cCddiFdCWdC8DhlAiCbF+u6Ue7D/z3KAeg3E-TxBBABVcJAwS5HAPBALVnxQdBVqywZKBBA-e

I’m using Superior Rune of the Dragonhunter on this build and the builder doesn’t have that in it. However, with it added in, you have 213% crit damage and 2410 attack power. Again, this is mostly a pve build and i don’t expect it to do well in pvp. I mainly took Radiance because i felt my crit was a bit low for PvE and i wanted the extra 10% crit from burning enemies and fury while doing map bosses. Puts you around 83% crit chance while doing map bosses.

PvP i’d probably swap it around a bit. Might still do rad/honor/dh but take sword focus rather then gs. Swap Inner Fire with Right-Hand Strength, Radiant Fire with Signet of Wrath ((so that you have a immob after you kill someone and spear recharges but you are waiting for the pull to recharge.)), and then amplified wrath with Perfect Inscriptions. If you wanted a bit of condi clear, you could swap Rad with Virtues and pick up Absolute Resolution, and Indomitable Courage for some extra stability with fragments of faith.

Dh builds using longbow

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Yes it is used in PvE. The Godfather of PVE guardians updated his guide with just that. It’s stickied up top.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/first

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Dh builds using longbow

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I pretty much camp Longbow in Maguuma using Radiance/Honor/DH. Wearing Zerker/Valkyrie gear. Mobs usually die before they even get in melee range. And with Traps causing cripple you can kite em forever.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Dh builds using longbow

in Guardian

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

My hambow build for team Que is working great atm. Though I’ve had to make a few adjustments since the test of faith Nerf it’s still works amazingly. So the Build is Hammer and Longbow obviously with air, intelligence on the hammer(for faithful mighty blow crits) Longbow is air/blood (these sigils are optional I don’t know the optimal sigils for longbow yet. Pack runes and marauder ammy. Build uses valor, virtues, dragonhunter. Valor is mid,mid mid. Virtues is up, mid, down, dragonhunter is up, up, mid. My utilities are shelter, judges intervention, teh spinny trap,(I forgot what it was called), and contemplation of purity. (if the enemy teams.comp is noncondi you can change contemplation for test of faith but I wouldn’t recommend it. I also use renewed focus for damage mitigation, providing another 4k heal via. Wings of resolve, and recharging shield of courage is always nice. Great combos involve Judges intervention+ring of warding. And then place the spin trap on top of the enemy, they can’t escape and the pressure is amazing. You can also pull the enemy to you with f1+ring of warding and then spin trap if you don’t want to waste judges intervention. If you haven’t wasted judges intervention. While the enemy is kiting you to regain health. Use true shot, judges intervention+mighty blow. Start out most fights with ranged. If they pressure you with melee or projectiles. Swap to hammer, pop your f3 and go ham on their kitten . This build is tons of fun and brings me back to the cele meta days when Hammer guard was viable

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

(edited by Timston.1976)

Dh builds using longbow

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

I settled pretty naturally into a PvE Longbow/GS build shortly after launch, and it’s been working quite well for exploring Maguuma. It’s somewhat similar to what Obal came up with for meta DPS, but I opted to trade some damage for more convenient gearing and better utility to handle the new content. Here’s what I’m running:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATRnsABddiFdCmCBEEhl4BrKA0AqXy7v+3BMLF9iiRA-TBCFABA8AAKU9nrUCikyPBOCAos/Qa6CW4SAEAAB4m3MbezAH9oH9oH9odzbe0be0jGA-e

I’m using the Longbow and GS in both PvE and WvW, hence my sigil choices. Frankly, though, the extra dodges from the Energy sigils have been useful to have in the new content, and Air/Fire provide extra hits to proc Justice and improve the uptime on my damage modifiers. I’m unlikely to ever finish the collections for Arah and CM, so I’m sticking to Berserker until there’s a better way to get Assassin’s stats on those pieces.

I really just enjoy the build’s reliability and the internal synergy. The extra burn duration from Flame Legion runes and extra Justice procs from Air/Fire make sure that I’m always stacking damage modifiers, while Fragments of Faith and Retreat give me easy ways to set up Unscathed Contender when I’m ready to unload my DPS. Feel My Wrath and Procession of Blades give me respectable Fury uptime even when solo, and FMW makes Hunter’s Ward much more usable in the middle of fights if I start to get overwhelmed. Besides my damage options, I’ve got ample cleansing, Stability, and stun breaks to handle how much more common conditions and hard CC are in the new content.

I’ll also never get tired of dropping Procession of Blades and then setting up a Whirling Wrath burst on top of the trap. It’s just too satisfying to watch things melt in the storm of blades.