Dh nerf rumor?

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

So someone in solo q was saying dh is getting nerfed. I’ve also seen supposed rumors of a signet of inspiration nerf. I can’t seem to find the full list of rumored changes on reddit. Anyone got any deets?

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

no one besides anet has “deets”. At best they are rumours, hearsay.
You’ll know when the rest of us do if anything is being balanced.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

unless they revert the sword 1, sword 2, sword 3 and scepter changes, guardians will still end up being in a better place than they were in season 3.

makes no difference to me, DH is still a ways away from being able to see regular ESL play, as long as the symbol functionality and QoL changes stay, I don’t care about what upcoming nerfs we get.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

unless they revert the sword 1, sword 2, sword 3 and scepter changes, guardians will still end up being in a better place than they were in season 3.

makes no difference to me, DH is still a ways away from being able to see regular ESL play, as long as the symbol functionality and QoL changes stay, I don’t care about what upcoming nerfs we get.

They also better keep the stability/boons immediately on f3 change in place. This change is really underappreciated but was very much necessary.

Assuming we are getting nerfs, I predict the following:

-shave to Purification’s initial heal, less regen, but regen boon granted to allies as well.
-Piercing Light nerfed from 1/2s daze to 1/4s daze
-1/2s cast time added to ToF, maybe 1-2s less of protection.
-Very slight damage reduction to sword and scepter symbols (since their cds are so low).
-(Unlikely) 1s less of blocking on f3.
-nerf to base healing of f2, but increased healing coefficient.

^These are generally the things I see complained about that are a bit overtuned imo. I really think that these are the worst possible nerfs we could receive (unless someone on the dev team went insane). Really hoping they don’t do anything resembling those last two nerfs on my list though unless they add an evade to f2. I’d be happy with that tradeoff.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Anything with a high base heal is often on Anet’s nerf list, but they up the heal co-efficient.
I can see sceptre getting a nerf too. Currently highest dps on a Guardian and its a ranged weapon? No doubt its symbol with get the nerf bat.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Anything with a high base heal is often on Anet’s nerf list, but they up the heal co-efficient.
I can see sceptre getting a nerf too. Currently highest dps on a Guardian and its a ranged weapon? No doubt its symbol with get the nerf bat.

It’s only highest on large targets otherwise it is basically tied with Sword and Hammer, and you get more by swapping between sword and scepter in those cases. If anything is nerfed it better be for PvP only because the Guardian is in a pretty good place for PvE damage wise. If anything other weapons need to be looked for for PvE so that they all are viable in some form for raids. Guardian has 3/3 1-hand weapons being viable (mace for healing Guardian), 1/4 for 2-hand weapons, and 3/3 off hands (focus for the initial bursts that you can get from in for downtimes, and shield when you want breaking and knockback).

Since Anet considers Guardian to be their measuring stick for balance, I’d be surprised if they aren’t looking for ways to get staff, greatsword and longbow to all have roles in raids. And concerning PvP, it’s really only when class stacking happens that Guardians become a huge problem.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

Signet of Inspiration? So they’re nerfing a signet we don’t have? :P

DH traps/skills will be nerfed, they won’t nerf symbols or sword or scept that is by far not the issue that brough Guardians relevant again and traps are being abused. Guardian’s imo have just been the battlecry for whiners because other classes like ele and engi got nerfed and Guardian was the only class that got a significant buff as a class. If there was more balance to OTHER classes it’d be not such an issue. Tho I do think there is DH specific balance stuff to have happen.

Long as anet doesn’t intertwine DH with base Guardian and nerf base guardian and not DH aspects; and kitten the class again – it’s fine

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

If anything is nerfed it better be for PvP only because the Guardian is in a pretty good place for PvE damage wise.

^^ So much this. I really hope they are smart enough to split balance for once. DH is in a great place where it is not the highest dps but still competitive because of their utility. It’s exactly where it should be balance-wise. Furthermore the sc sw build is really fun to play.

If they’re not splitting the smart move would be to only touch survivability.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

If the nerf f2 there will be no gs/hammer – lb combos cause they lack defensive stuff. I am playing Hammer/gs – lb combo and I have no problems with that meta that all ppl complain about. They are easy.

DH needs quality buffs to be competitive in high level pvp.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I keep hearing nerf rumors, while some are likely others are not and they do not even make any sense.

Traps: TOF may get some base damage reduction, but beyond that it will be demoted to useless. It’s primary use is interruption. If they add a cast time no one will run it. Other traps range from marginal to useless, so nerfing them makes little sense. Yes, idiots walk in Dragon Maw and get trampled, but how does that work out against mildly skilled opponents (forget top tier play here). TBH, I would love that trap duration is reduced from 180 secs to 15 secs to prevent stacking, which is the biggest problem in low level play.

Purification: I keep hearing that the healing this skill does is so magnificent, and my first impression is have you ever played druid, rev or engineer? How is 8K heal requiring someone to walk in it with 24 sec CD too strong? It is the best option between Guard heals, but hardly OP compared to the sustainability that some other classes can muster.

Symbols: Damage in sPvP (and sPvP only) is a bit strong. A slight nerf in sPvP would be okay.

Finally class stacking: as someone who has been on both sides of playing with 3 or more guard and against 3, more than two on one team is a huge disadvantage, especially if no one else is providing swiftness. Your team becomes too immobile, and this whole trap stacking concept is not an advantage at all considering what you are sacrificing. You are better off with a rev dishing boons or druid with off healing, than multiple Guard setting traps.

So lets talk about Guard issues: mobility and outside symbolist build weak sustainability. Just a reminder: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Why-is-DH-not-competitive-at-esl-level, is just talking about why Guard is not performing well enough on high level of play. The game balance is not designed about a noobie walking into aoe damage cluelessly.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

I keep hearing nerf rumors, while some are likely others are not and they do not even make any sense.

Traps: TOF may get some base damage reduction, but beyond that it will be demoted to useless. It’s primary use is interruption. If they add a cast time no one will run it. Other traps range from marginal to useless, so nerfing them makes little sense. Yes, idiots walk in Dragon Maw and get trampled, but how does that work out against mildly skilled opponents (forget top tier play here). TBH, I would love that trap duration is reduced from 180 secs to 15 secs to prevent stacking, which is the biggest problem in low level play.

Purification: I keep hearing that the healing this skill does is so magnificent, and my first impression is have you ever played druid, rev or engineer? How is 8K heal requiring someone to walk in it with 24 sec CD too strong? It is the best option between Guard heals, but hardly OP compared to the sustainability that some other classes can muster.

Symbols: Damage in sPvP (and sPvP only) is a bit strong. A slight nerf in sPvP would be okay.

I think ToF is more likely to get a cast time than a damage reduction. Its current damage is pretty balanced.

Purification is on the over-tuned side. It’s an 11k heal (2k traited + 2k initial + 6.5k heal + 1k regen) in addition to the fact that it can aoe daze/blind. Skilled players don’t have much to fear though; even a 20% nerf to Purification is only going to bring it down to an instant 9.3k (before regen) which is more than enough to keep decent sustain as long as they don’t butcher f2 wings as well.

Your symbol nerf prediction is fair and probably very likely considering the CDs of the symbols on sword 2 and scepter 2.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

Skilled players don’t have much to fear though; even a 20% nerf to Purification is only going to bring it down to an instant 9.3k (before regen) which is more than enough to keep decent sustain as long as they don’t butcher f2 wings as well.

What do you know? Every kittening HP lost makes it only harder for me to play this in top tier. 2k HP is huge and you know it. How am I suppose to keep up with double heal revs and full HP every 10 second druid and engis with only nerfs? Do you even realize that guard is probably bottom 2 in the meta right now? Do you even have the capacity to understand that even if something may seem odd or broken it’s entirely balanced?
Probably not.

Darek.1836

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There’s clearly 2 different types of players, those who think DH needs a nerf and those who know we can’t be touched.

Anet can’t directly nerf us without either,
1. Nerfing the powercreep than brings DH down.
2. Reallocate the damage/sustains/cc, to another place, much like how they did with Engi previously.

Those who think DH are otherwise OP got caught in poor matchmaking and Anet said they’ll fix that. Think a single DH is OP? Then you’re playing in Amber/Emerald League.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: mike put.6892

mike put.6892

Guardian/DH needs more carry traits , i dont have nearly enough sustain or damage output Kappa123

Harambe was only a gorilla…

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

There’s clearly 2 different types of players, those who think DH needs a nerf and those who know we can’t be touched.

Anet can’t directly nerf us without either,
1. Nerfing the powercreep than brings DH down.
2. Reallocate the damage/sustains/cc, to another place, much like how they did with Engi previously.

Those who think DH are otherwise OP got caught in poor matchmaking and Anet said they’ll fix that. Think a single DH is OP? Then you’re playing in Amber/Emerald League.

I doubt Anet is willing to do that, this game is about power creep builds mostly, the issue with traps is that DH needs them to actually be in pair with other classes damage output.. if Anet “nerfs” DH, other classes need to be toned down to, or at least have long weapon CD’s.
Altough Traps CD is better than Spirit Weapons… wich is nonsence!!!!
Every trap on game needs to enter in CD after gets hitted, Spirit Weapons CD needs to be at the cast-…. That for me would be a excelent change and QoL Ç_Ç.

And theres to much aoe/cleave spam, that is the issue where the power creep comes, to much splash damage going arround…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

They just must nerf f1

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

They just must nerf f1

lol.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

What do you know? Every kittening HP lost makes it only harder for me to play this in top tier. 2k HP is huge and you know it. How am I suppose to keep up with double heal revs and full HP every 10 second druid and engis with only nerfs? Do you even realize that guard is probably bottom 2 in the meta right now? Do you even have the capacity to understand that even if something may seem odd or broken it’s entirely balanced?
Probably not.

Alright, I stand corrected. After playing around with both marauder’s and symbolic builds a lot more I’m inclined to agree with what you said. The current level of sustain on marauder’s build DHs is completely fine. You look at the numbers alone and it may seem OP, but when heal and blocks are on CD, a marauder’s build goes down FAST, especially when focused. Symbolic’s sustain on the other hand is a bit over the top even if it isn’t a very viable build at high leveled play.

Fact of the matter is that every time a build like this has existed in the past, it inevitably gets nerfed. I’m just guessing that in order to nerf it, they will take a chunk out of its sustain rather than damage or cc. Like you said, this will hurt other guardian builds a lot (which I definitely don’t want), but then again, so would nerfing the damage output or CC (either of which could hurt other guardian builds even more).

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Lahmia.2193

They just must nerf f1

No, they need to bring all other pulls in line with DH f1. Yes I’m looking at you Spectral Grasp and Scorption Wire. Not so much Magnet though.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Its easier to nerf one thing than buff every class.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Lahmia.2193

True, but even if it wasn’t for DH f1, Scorpion wire/spectral grasp still need buffs.

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Hunter’s Verdict actually works while most of the other pulls don’t

Fishsticks

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Hunter’s Verdict actually works while most of the other pulls don’t

Still doesn’t change the fact that it is easier to break one thing than fix everything else like it. /s

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They just must nerf f1

No, they need to bring all other pulls in line with DH f1. Yes I’m looking at you Spectral Grasp and Scorption Wire. Not so much Magnet though.

Wouldnt that be to much?
Make a QoL o other pulls is one thing, still DH f1 is broken, sometimes when i pul target, target goes of on vertical axis and taking fall damadge or pull targets across walls and targets loose all health to..
We dont need more broken damadge output mechanics as much Anet love them

SW from thief. is nice also 1200 range, maybe needs to happen faster.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Dh nerf rumor?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Every pull has the potential to do that. I’ve seen Temporal Curtain launch people off a wall so that they clear the berms, and drop them down the cliff on the other side.

Fishsticks