Disappoinment about upcoming changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

I am really disappoinment about upcoming changes to guardian…
As always we don`t have any changes for Spirit weapons, shield, sword, torch…
May be we have not bad changes for condition build but my opinion that condition build based only in one condition is meh…

So what are you thinking guys?
Are you satisfied? =)
Or you disappoinment? =(

in Guardian

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

Disappointed +1

I’m thinking of switching to warrior as main class again.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I’m one of the last main guardians in my guild.
I’m also thinking of switching to another class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

I’m content. I’ve learned to not expect much from patches for Guardians.

Anet seems to be using the Guardian as their control (control as in scientific method, not CC) group when making changes to other classes. On one hand, I’m pleased that they don’t feel the need to drastically alter our current gameplay, but disappointed that they’re scared to make some of our useless skills and traits useful.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xykris.6758

Xykris.6758

you can add me to the disappointed list.
Actually considering rolling a thief now.

Level 80 Guardian (Arashimorri)

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Also disappointed.
At least the ele changes looked nice from the quick glance I took at them.

in Guardian

Posted by: SettusBlake.1689

SettusBlake.1689

I am also very disappointed. I thought at least that they would make the spirit weapons useful.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

‘’all is vain’’

That’s exactly how it is.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

They want to give us more builds and they try to give us new traits. But the wrong traits…
+33% burn damage… in the power trait (whit condition duration, but power trait). Then give us in Radiant trait the ability to change the source of damage for Retalation from power to condition damage.. WHY? Yes, the condi build need Virtue trait to be considerated a build, because reduce the attacks needed to inflict burn, and give you the ability to obtain more retalation, but… change directly it’s damage source… WHY? If you want to increase the burn damage by 33% you must obtain 30 points in Zeal… reducing your condition damage gived by traits… WHY????
Whit that new traits, to obtain a condition damage build you need to use something like 30/20/0/0/20. And your defence iiiiiisssss GONE!!! What utility can you use to defend? You’r only hope can be spirit weapons… to “defend” and inflict burn. And that’s bad…
All that don’t give us the chance to obtain a Condition build.

Then, there’s NOTHING that allow us to use a berserker build, because no one that want a berserker build can spent 30 in Honor, just to obtain 3k hp. And that 3k hp can’t change the situation.
Yes, whit 300 vitality by trait and 300 by grand master you obtain 6k or more hp. But at this time, is better obtain 300 vitality by trait and use shouts to heal conditions.
Or forgot Honor, spent points on Valor and use Meditations. And the passive trait bonuses gives you toughness and critical damage.

I don’t see in all that a way to make us more able to create new builds. New Good builds.

We can only hope that all the other traits change whit that patch, in order to make that GM traits look better to our eyes.

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

If you go 30/20/0/0/20 for a condition build I can guarantee you’ll be going some combo of carrion/rabid/settler gear.
Because like Silv said you have 0 passive defense…

Devona’s Rest

in Guardian

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Way better than Rangers. At least you dont need to trait 30 deep to get faster moving projectile in game. Now thats disappointing.

Do you guys know why they put burning GM in power trait? Burning ticks at the end of condition durations not like other conditions which ticks in the beginning. The more duration you got, the efficient your burning is.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

very excited
cant wait for them to happen.
very good changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

very excited
cant wait for them to happen.
very good changes

1/10.

in Guardian

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Also disappointed. They said it again….Guardian is good now and doesn’t need much changes……And what about unexisting mobility? What about useless spirit weapons? And what about shield? How can they say that it does not need changes?

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Not really disappointed, as I didn’t expect anything good from the feature patch. Though I’m still surprised how bad it will really be.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

May be we have not bad changes for condition build but my opinion that condition build based only in one condition is meh…

Are you satisfied? =)
Or you disappoinment? =(

Although I’m not really excited about the changes for Guardians either I disagree with some of the changes you want. Sword is already in a good position and is our best PvE weapon. Torch might get in a better position with the new burn grandmaster trait.

How they haven’t buffed shield yet is beyond me. It’s a shame really because I always imagined Guardian to symbolize the sword & board yet I rarely see anyone use it. Furthermore, I could care less about Spirit Weapons as I hate relying on AI. They could stay the way they are for all I care.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Considering how well guardians are doing in all aspects of the game, they didn’t want to build on what is already doing great. They specifically stated they wanted to test new waters with more interesting guardian traits, these traits are not to directly supplement the current meta builds, but give alternative routes in different game types.

The condition guardian will add a lot more flavor to the mix of classes we see in WvW and SPvP, while we’ll see alternate bunker specs as well using massive amounts of HP from the Vitality trait. This opens up more build possibilities, making certain lines more attractive if some players enjoyed some of the higher tier minors already, but couldn’t justify going deep enough for them in their build’s goal.

I’m okay with these changes as guardians are extremely strong right now, some would argue OP (in pve atleast) but I would argue that’s more of a content issue than a class issue. Also keep in mind that not all changes need to move a class towards being world-record speed run viable, as that play style is more of a make-shift end game we’ve come up with due to lack of end game content.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Shut your mouths and enjoy the new buffs to Guardians. How dare you think otherwise!

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Considering how well guardians are doing in all aspects of the game, they didn’t want to build on what is already doing great. They specifically stated they wanted to test new waters with more interesting guardian traits, these traits are not to directly supplement the current meta builds, but give alternative routes in different game types.

The condition guardian will add a lot more flavor to the mix of classes we see in WvW and SPvP, while we’ll see alternate bunker specs as well using massive amounts of HP from the Vitality trait. This opens up more build possibilities, making certain lines more attractive if some players enjoyed some of the higher tier minors already, but couldn’t justify going deep enough for them in their build’s goal.

I’m okay with these changes as guardians are extremely strong right now, some would argue OP (in pve atleast) but I would argue that’s more of a content issue than a class issue. Also keep in mind that not all changes need to move a class towards being world-record speed run viable, as that play style is more of a make-shift end game we’ve come up with due to lack of end game content.

So just what do you have to say about the spirit weapons in your amazing guardian build?

Devona’s Rest

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

You have to realize that we’re sacrifing a lot of stuff for a condition that doesn’t stack and can just be cleansed easily. That means guardians in PvP will not play burning builds.

Also, bosses are almost immune to conditions. That means guardians in PvE will not play burning builds.

So, where is this burning build going to be used exactly?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

…… I really hope there is some really heavy undetected sarcasm in this post some where. Condition guards with the changes they gave us will not happen. There is a HUGE flaw with how the build would have to work that has already been pointed out. The build requires 30 in zeal, for the new burning trait, 30 in radiance for the new retaliation trait, leaving us 10 points for wherever. Now the issue is, that there is almost no survivability to a trait set up like that. An even bigger issue is, that one our “conditions” REQUIRES us to be hit to activate,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa So even if we do find a way to avoid the damage, we are effectively hurting our damage. In the end, we become “glass cannon” condition guardians, which does not work for conditions when you only have a total of 2, and require time for them to actually tick down.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Freaking terrible Grandmasters

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Are you satisfied? =)
Or you disappoinment? =(

Although I’m not really excited about the changes for Guardians either I disagree with some of the changes you want. Sword is already in a good position and is our best PvE weapon. Torch might get in a better position with the new burn grandmaster trait.

How they haven’t buffed shield yet is beyond me. It’s a shame really because I always imagined Guardian to symbolize the sword & board yet I rarely see anyone use it. Furthermore, I could care less about Spirit Weapons as I hate relying on AI. They could stay the way they are for all I care.

It’s quite ironic that the symbol for guardians is a shield yet we can safely say that any guardian playing with a shield is playing sub-optimally.

In PvE, the meta DPS guardian is basically a thief. You survive on dodges and blinds, and is one of the most squishy classes in the game.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The “problem” of tha guardian is not that is a class that need to be empowered because is useless or something, the problem of the Guardian is the lack of possible builds.
In sPvP you Must play Bunker/Supporter, in PvE you Must play as a Supporter, in WvsWvsW you must play as a Supporter.
I play guardian berserker in sPvP, but everyone scream when i say that I’m a Berserker guardian whit Meditation build. Because a Guardian berserker can be good for sPvP, but to deal damage is better a warrior, or a condition damage class like necro or ranger. Whit my guardian I kill a lot of enemy, yes, but there’s better classes to be dps or to kill enemy.

That’s why they try to give us more condition damage ability. BUT they don’t give us more Condition Damage possibility!
We have only one condition. We can deal 800 damage x second. Ok, good, but a Necro or a Ranger can give you 1800+ condition dmaage x second. 120% more damage than what we can do. And they give cripple, immobilize, weakness and other usefull conditions. We can’t. And That’s why guardian can’t be a good condition damage dealer. You spent all your traits to optimize your condition damage and you lose all your defensive ability. To deal 800-900 damage x second of condition damage? Whit a single condition, easy to remove? That’s a bad thing…

Another point that make problems for the Guardian it the low amount of FINISHER!!!!
GS and Hammer give some finisher, good, Focus give one Finisher (and hard to use), but Staff, Scepter, Torch, Sword, Mace and Shield DON’T GIVE US A SINGLE FINISHER SKILL!!!!!!!
That’s a big issue whit all guardian builds. If you don’t use GS or Hammer you can’t obtain a single Finisher skill!!!

in Guardian

Posted by: amethyst.3264

amethyst.3264

Played guardian for a year, so disappointed they are just going to make guardian a handicapped warrior. BTW they still haven’t improve Litany of Wrath… Boon guardian and zerker are the two most common build at the time. They gonna nerf boon duration runes and zerker builds. Also nerf vigor on crit.

None of these new Grandmaster traits for guardian will be viable. Given elementalist cannot be crit while attuned to earth, thief can stack confusions worst than mesmer (with perplexity runes). Now what’s is the purpose of having a guardian which cannot dps, tank (already one of lowest health), and support with boons. I suggest to remove this profession so I will focus on mesmer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Shut your mouths and enjoy the new buffs to Guardians. How dare you think otherwise!

Lol. Yes Sir!

But alas the server we play on has a mass exodus on-going with other drama that is, well, making the game a bit un-fun these days.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

After checking them out, they are either:

a) garbage
b) in the wrong trait line
c) should of been passive (300vit added to base hp)

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

You have to realize that we’re sacrifing a lot of stuff for a condition that doesn’t stack and can just be cleansed easily. That means guardians in PvP will not play burning builds.

Also, bosses are almost immune to conditions. That means guardians in PvE will not play burning builds.

So, where is this burning build going to be used exactly?

Burning alone isn’t going to cut it, yes. But it is a great pressure tool. Mesmers and thieves can’t just ignore burning that’s being applied to them. Condi guards will without a doubt be using geomancy sigils and perplexity runes to cover their damage. I never said it would be awesome, but it will be far from terrible when played by the right people. Perplexity will be available in spvp now as I had suspected, so that will be viable for many would-be condi builds there as well.

As for pve, it’s obvious we wont be seeing many of these traits in pve but those are a given at this point. I’m simply stating that having access to the strongest burn in the game -has- to be able to make an impact. No glass cannon with low vit/no cleanse can ignore it. It will be much more dangerous to those as a regular burst guardian if played correctly.

The builds will be limited in variability and viability, but they will still shine in their own way. That’s all the traits need to accomplish, as guards already accomplish what they need to in every game play format.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

After checking them out, they are either:

a) garbage
b) in the wrong trait line
c) should of been passive (300vit added to base hp)

Or at least placed on grand master passive instead “plus damage on low vigor”.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gatimax.9836

Gatimax.9836

Disappoinment +1

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

I decided that instead of waiting for a miracle better start gearing my warrior. Good that I can switch my legendaries to warrior after 15 april (-_-).

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I was away for seven months (college) and upon coming back to GW2 I find it all massively disappointing….

IMO all guard builds should have empowering might and altruistic healing, and having those two skills basically kills every build you could want…

how are people supposed to spec 30-30-0-0-30 for a condition build?

why is permeating wrath an aoe around the guardian, instead of around your target.. would it be too OP for guards to have a ranged aoe? Heaven forbid someone may actually use a scepter…

we should all just roll banner warriors, and be done with it…

…30 points just to give your teammates battle presence, so lame.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

I was away for seven months (college) and upon coming back to GW2 I find it all massively disappointing….

IMO all guard builds should have empowering might and altruistic healing, and having those two skills basically kills every build you could want…

why is permeating wrath an aoe around the guardian, instead of around your target.. would it be too OP for guards to have a ranged aoe? Heaven forbid someone may actually use a scepter…

Yeah…nothing change from game launch =((

in Guardian

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Pigeonholing yourself, how blind can you be?
There are plenty other viable options… AH healing is viable indeed, but by no means a salvation. 15 in radiance? insanely strong. 20 in Virtues to get the condition removal? Insanely strong as well. 20 in Zeal for GS heal? Could use a buff, but only if a tiny one(like, a buff to minor 15 in zeal), it’s already almost good enough for me to pick it up.
30 in valor mandatory? Can’t see what people find in it. 3 meditations? Only if that, but we are talking about AH. It doesn’t heal other people, just yourself. But I’m already surviving so good and for so long, I don’t really see the need for it.
Champion Paragon title and top 300 EU playing nothing but guardian(puts me at a disadvantage compared to people who counterpick). And I did that playing all of the specs imaginable, but perhaps the most of it I enjoyed the triple spirit weapon spec, as even if it felt a tiny bit lackluster(as it currently is), I could stun-lock and one-combo people(3s hammer stun +5k damage it deals is golden) if I played my cards right.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

in Guardian

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

ITT: Disappointed that their class is the best and most stable class in the game. Theres no pleasing some people.

I get that theres nothing new and exciting but technically thats the same for all classes and it will remain the same until anet releases new weapons and utility skills. The new traits are pretty bad for all classes bar a few which will be nice in niche roles.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Boring. I am not sure how but Anet seems to make the class more boring with every patch.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Boring. I am not sure how but Anet seems to make the class more boring with every patch.

I am feeling same – playing as guardian become boring!

in Guardian

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

I am feeling same – playing as guardian become boring!

I just put my guard at cursed shore wp for the events of Arah Gate and Grenth because of her super loot ability of staff. There is nothing left but only staff 11111111111.

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGaryTh.1649

TheGaryTh.1649

Sure Guardian is the most stable and balanced class atm. However it just feels like the other classes get new shiny toys and Guardian gets Grandma’s kitted sweater. Thing is, the new changes don’t change much up for the Guardian, as the new Grandmaster traits don’t feel like they’re worth traiting for.

As long as burning work as it currently does, and Guardian don’t get any other conditions dots, there is no reason to ever use a condition build. Communal Defence sound quite interesting, except you have to go down the Valor tree. Force of Will sounds nice, but isn’t needed and I’d rather take either of the other Grandmasters.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tzao.4892

Tzao.4892

Very excited! I can’t wait to transfer my twilight and ascended equipments to my warrior! Thank you very much Anet!

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Very excited! I can’t wait to transfer my twilight and ascended equipments to my warrior! Thank you very much Anet!

HA-HA! I will do the same today. FSP and Twilight waiting for new master…warrior master!

in Guardian

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

Can my warrior drop a wall of reflection? No.
Can my warrior grant a MASSIVE stack of might on a relatively short cooldown? No.
How about installing a line at a choke that “foes cannot cross”? No way.
Learn to love the staff.

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Can my warrior grant a MASSIVE stack of might on a relatively short cooldown? No.
Learn to love the staff.

Okay. But If I want to play with another weapons? Shield + sword? or scepter?
Nobody said that guardian bad profession – guardian just boring.
Staff
11111111111 – regroup -cast 4 – 111111111 – cast 5 in enemy position – 11111111 – regroup – cast 4 – 111111111111111111111
+ 2 shouts + 1 consecration + dodge and one more dodge!

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Learn to love the staff.

Okay. But If I want to play with another weapons? Shield + sword? or scepter?
Nobody said that guardian bad profession – guardian just boring.
Staff
11111111111 – regroup -cast 4 – 111111111 – cast 5 in enemy position – 11111111 – regroup – cast 4 – 111111111111111111111
+ 2 shouts + 1 consecration + dodge and one more dodge!

Staff is a tactical weapon, i could say line of warding don’t work because hostile use stability, guardian staff is a very good weapon for those who play in team and know what to do and when, its a group play weapon.

Also empower with AH is really good self heal lol.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Don’t get it. Are you guys talking about… no still can’t think of something relevant here. Maybe, if you’re all talking about Boon Duration builds in WvW, then I can relate to your disappointment.
In any other case: My Guardian is still as essential to Dungeons and Fractals as before. Nothing has changed, absolutely nothing at all. I still run GS + Sw/F in Dungeons and Hammer + Sw/F or GS in Fractals. Staff stills sucks unless you really need the utility for a specific encounter, a shield is still an instant kick from the party and Scepter is still laughable due to its single target DPS and the fact that most people who use it are terrible and stand out of the blast finisher range.
For meta Guardians it’s still a great world to live in.

And I hope those mentioning AH and EM are talking WvW only. Don’t encourage the use of these skills in PvE, just like you shouldn’t tell anyone to bring a staff right from the start and camp that weapon. Of course playing Guardian seems boring if you’re trying very hard to be outright terrible.

(edited by Veydar.5017)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

staff 4 isn’t that great

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Nothing has changed, absolutely nothing at all.

For a big feature patch that’s not what you want.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Patch was released. What are your impressions?

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

I love the sigil combos and fixes. I don’t think I’m interested in any of the new traits, but that’s okay — I’m already happy with my guardian. The vigor nerf turned out to be not a big deal. I was afraid it was gonna be, but I barely feel it.

It’s sad there weren’t any changes to Spirit Weapons, but since guardian was voted the last in the CDI balance voting I can understand. Hopefully we’ll get our changes soon.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Bump for pagination bug.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?