[DnT] Fractal Video Guide (Guardian)

in Guardian

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Here is an up to date high level Fractal guide shown from the Guardian’s perspective. Dekeyz is working on an Elementalist version and I have a link to them if they are up on the start of the video.

Videos

Here is a playlist as well – Fractal Playlist

Bonus Video – Reactor Room Solo with no Cooling Rods

Build15/25/0/20/10

• DPS Rotation (Hammer Only) = Auto attacks only or Mighty Blow -> 2x AA chains -> Mighty Blow -> 2x AA chains -> repeat. They do the same DPS so you really only want to use Mighty Blow for fire fields and not break up your auto attack chain or else it will be a DPS loss.
  • DPS Rotation (Hammer + Greatsword) = GS2 -> GS4 -> GS3 -> GS5 if no pull is needed -> GS auto until GS2 is up -> GS2 -> Swap to Hammer and do 3 AA chains (If need to dodge or use Mighty Blow then complete current chain while swap becomes available and swap) -> repeat GS and Hammer rotation. For quick mobs use GS2-4 -> Hammer.
  • Whirling Wrath hits more than 9 times if you stand in a target hitbox
  • Binding Blades hits more than once if you stand in a target hitbox with adds around it
  • Flashing Blades is a big DPS loss so only use it if you need another blind or your group is really lacking vuln stacking.
  • Zealot’s Defense is nearly identical DPS compared to sword auto. I only use it when projectile defenses are down.
  • You can take 10 out of Radaince and put it in virtues for more removal or valor for strength in numbers if you want

Zeal

II – Fiery Wrath – Increases damage by 10% against burning foes

• Everywhere except at Imbued Shaman

VI – Spirit-Weapon Mastery – Reduces recharge on spirit-weapon skills.

• Only at Imbued Shaman

Radiance

VI – Blind Exposure – Applying blind also applies 3 stacks of vulnerability (10 seconds)

• Always on

II – Signet Mastery – Reduces recharge on signets.

• Use at Elemental Source and Mai Trin

X – Powerful Blades – Sword and spear damage is increased by 5%.

• Use when you have a Sword or Spear on swap

VII – Radiant Fire – Reduces recharge on torch skills. All burning durations are increased

• Use for everything else

Honor

II – Superior Aria – Reduces recharge on shouts.

• Always on

VII – Writ of Persistence – Symbols last longer.

• Use if you have Hammer on swap

Two-Handed Mastery

• Use if you don’t have Hammer on swap (Imbued Shaman, Jade Maw, Aquatic Ruins)

Virtues

VI – Master of Consecrations – Consecration skills recharge 20% faster and last longer.

• Always on when wall is on your bar

I – Deal 20% more damage while under the effects of aegis.

• Use if wall is not on your bar (Lornar, Dredge Bosses, Jade Maw, Aquatic Ruins, First Archdiviner Fight)

(edited by obal.3218)

in Guardian

obal.3218

Gear

Armor

• Berserker – Everything other than below
  • Knight – Archdiviner #2, Snowblind stab the fire event, Old Tom, Uncategorized Champ room to get the Ettin

Trinkets

• Berserker

Weapons (All Berserker)

• Hammer – Main weapon
  • Staff – Use only when running, kiting, vet grawl to cc, and when mobs aggro to an LoS spit to drop line of warding
  • Greatsword – Use when mobs don’t run to an LoS spot, use for dps rotations against easy trash/bosses, use to cc ice ele, use to group mobs
  • Sword/Focus – Use as a swap for hard bosses to use shield of wrath and then swap back to hammer
  • Scepter – Use for when you need to range things if need be. Only the Anamoly needs to be ranged if it is on you with the floor destruction
  • Spear – Use underwater
  • Trident – Use for projectile defense and blasting fire fields at the start of the fight and for interrupting the jellyfish beast agony
  • Mace, Shield, Torch – They aren’t worth taking over the weapons above

Runes

• Scholar

Sigils (Multiple sets is optimal)

• Force + Night
  • Force + Accuracy
  • Force + Energy if you feel the need

Consumables

Food

• Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
  • Cheap Alternatives – Minotaur Steak, Slice of Candied Dragon Roll, Dragon’s Breath Bun, Plate of Steak and Asparagus

Utility

• Skale Venom – OP #1 thing to use for fractals

Skills

Heal

• Shelter – Main heal since using blocks is the best way to survive as a dps guard
  • Signet of Resolve – Mai Trin and Elemental Source

Utilities

• Retreat – Use for bosses, running, and if nothing else is needed for other content
  • Wall of Reflection – Use when there are projectiles
  • Shield of the Avenger – Use when there are a lot of projectiles along with Wall of Reflection
  • Sanctuary – Subject 6
  • Purging Flames – Use for condition removal or to blast for might stacking if you have a free slot
  • Stand Your Ground – Dredge, Harpies, Elemental Source, Rampaging Ice Elemental, Molten Furnance room after tunnel
  • Hallowed Ground – Elemental Source, Rampaging Ice Elemental, Molten Furnance room after tunnel
  • Bane Signet – Use if you have a free slot for extra dps
  • Hold the Line – At the start of Krait battles

Elite

• Renewed Focus – Main Elite
  • Tome of Courage – Old Tom
  • Tome of Wrath – Use at bosses where Renewed Focus is worthless to give group haste

Virtues

• Virtue of Justice – Spam for blinds and to trigger Fiery Wrath
  • Virtue of Resolve – Use if team is low
  • Virtue of Courage – Use to alternate blocks at boss fights or at LoS spots

How Am I Supposed to Survive?

• Blind Spam – Virtue of Justice Spam, Leap of Faith
  • Block Rotations – Virtue of Courage, Retreat, Shelter, Shield of Wrath, Renewed Focus
  • Projectile Defense – Wall of Reflection, Shield of the Avenger, Sanctuary (if need be)
  • Crowd Control – Binding Blades for grouping mobs to kill quicker, Line of Warding or Ring of Warding when luring to a LoS spot to keep them interrupted while you attack freely and blind them from behind the line/ring
  • Dodge – You have vigor from Vigorous Precision
  • Condition Removal – Purging Flames and Whirls in light fields
  • Perma Protection from hammer
  • DPS – Stuff will die faster than you! Rallying off good dps is usually better than reviving.

(edited by obal.3218)

in Guardian

obal.3218

reserving this post

in Guardian

obal.3218

reserving this post also

in Guardian

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

reserving this post for telling Obal good job

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Once again, good break down of each fight in fractals. The effort and information you put forward helps a lot of people. +1

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Obal, you, sir, are awesome and are one of the main reasons that Guardians have better resources for PvE dungeon builds/guides than any other class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

You are the only player which I agree with everything you say <3

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Would it be better to go 10/25/0/25/10 if you run with a warrior more often than not?

I’m new to pve and the mob usually has around 20 stacks of vulnerability so Im curious =D

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Would it be better to go 10/25/0/25/10 if you run with a warrior more often than not?

I’m new to pve and the mob usually has around 20 stacks of vulnerability so Im curious =D

The way I see it. Is you would be choosing an unreliable dps modifier over a team dps increase. Each vulnerability stack, is 1 extra percent of damage to the enemy. So while the amount you apply might seem trivial, it does Indeed add up. Also you gain extra 50 power on top of that.

Then factor in your perma vigor until they change it. With the hammer’s long AA chains, you generally gain endurance so much, that modifier would be quite underwhelming.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

obal.3218

If you do nothing but auto attack with hammer you maintain 5-6 vuln. You don’t dodge on most trash and have vigor when you do dodge so you get trigger the 10% boost seldom vs constant 5-6 boost for your whole group with 15 in zeal instead.

in Guardian

Posted by: MoonUnit.3129

MoonUnit.3129

Obal you are one top quality bloke, this information is (to use the terms all the kids are using today) both hip and wiz.

in Guardian

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Sticky pls!

in Guardian

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Please stick this post! I don’t plan to play my guards yet but this work is awe inspiring.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Guardian

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Great videos, thanks for the update.
I’ve seen DEKeyz made ele vids. Do you upload the other 3 classes too?

in Guardian

obal.3218

The others did not record or plan to make guides. I’d like to do a warrior but the way I want to do it won’t attract many people to help us and it has frustrated the core group I had for this. It would have been pretty epic but I don’t see it coming to fruition. We might do thief and ranger between the 2 of us after the patch if we can get people to go.

It’s really just a matter of getting a dedicated group which is the hardest part. The rewards aren’t great and people want to do things quick and efficiently and this is well beyond those 2 things. Dekeyz and I would like to make more guides but we can’t promise anything based on these factors.

in Guardian

CMF.5461

Kind of curious how/why the warrior guide would have frustrated and turned off the others, but maybe those are politics we should leave off of the forums

in Guardian

obal.3218

Kind of curious how/why the warrior guide would have frustrated and turned off the others, but maybe those are politics we should leave off of the forums

It’s a secret that I will hope to share as videos on my channel some day. Hopefully I can get some people to go and get a few in from now and then. It’s not due to politics or anything it’s just difficult and frustrating the way I want to do them and is out of most people’s comfort zone and will take awhile to get clean vids. I have to be difficult and make things more challenging to stay interested in the game and I think it will be pretty impressive to watch and a great way to learn if I ever get the videos made. So much secrecy

in Guardian

CMF.5461

!!! <enticed

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I’m sorry, is that Mortred as in Mortred from Aion? (Urban Battlegrounds)

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

The others did not record or plan to make guides. I’d like to do a warrior but the way I want to do it won’t attract many people to help us and it has frustrated the core group I had for this. It would have been pretty epic but I don’t see it coming to fruition. We might do thief and ranger between the 2 of us after the patch if we can get people to go.

It’s really just a matter of getting a dedicated group which is the hardest part. The rewards aren’t great and people want to do things quick and efficiently and this is well beyond those 2 things. Dekeyz and I would like to make more guides but we can’t promise anything based on these factors.

Thats sad.
Oh well, keep it up guys!

in Guardian

Posted by: Rafeno.9673

Rafeno.9673

thanks will study this!

in Guardian

obal.3218

!!! <enticed

The warrior guide might happen but at a slow pace. I got a few recorded now.

(edited by obal.3218)

in Guardian

Posted by: KantidMM.6291

KantidMM.6291

Obal, thank you! It’s awesome!
Please stick this!

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

It’s politics. Obal is a jerk and doesn’t want me in the video runs because he hates me. So I told everyone else not to help him. It’s pure DnT backstabbing inter office game of thrones stuff.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Guardian

CMF.5461

!!!! eats popcorn and enjoys cliffhangers

Is this going to be a trilogy?

in Guardian

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Thank you so much, Obal!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Guardian

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Obal and I are planning a rebellion to overturn Nike’s tyranny.

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I see DnT is not the only guild that has problems with tyrants.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Sic Semper Tyrannis

(money, clothes, hoes)

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Guardian

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Awesome work. Will check the vids out in detail when I’m back home Don’t play the guard that often in fractals (mostly warrior) so every bit of information is helpful

Also sticky would be nice.

(edited by nexusone.2367)

in Guardian

Posted by: Araxie.5397

Araxie.5397

Great guides. And really like how you’ve merged these into your other post that’s stickied. Do you run this fractal build non-stop, or do you take the time to retrait every time?

in Guardian

obal.3218

I always run 15/25/0/20/10 while in fractals and swap the traits as I said in the guide in the lines I have available. I use 20/25/0/0/25 for all non fractal content.

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Why is this not stickied? It is the most useful resource to guardians who want to do fractals

Oh my bad I see you merged it

in Guardian

obal.3218

Yeah I just took what I had and made it specifically for fractals and linked to this in the sticky. I should have reserved more posts in case I wanted to do stuff like this. I’ll probably just rename the sticky at some point but I linked to it in so many videos so it will be a process. Maybe the Warrior version I’m going to put up will

in Guardian

obal.3218

Dredge is finally up as well as maw so it’s now complete. Now I can focus back on putting up the Warrior version.