Do you have fun playing Guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: Finalfreefall.8247

Finalfreefall.8247

Five or six days ago I got revived by a Dragonhunter. It was mid dungeon and I got knocked out of position, hit and went down. The Dragonhunter popped wings of resolve, flew over the red circles and rezzed me. It was the coolest thing ever and I rolled a guard right after that fight.

But it doesn’t seem as cool from the other side. ultimate skills are lackluster, manifested virtues work against the longbow, utilities have little benefit and long cooldowns, traits are anti-synergistic, and the range on wings feels like they’ve been clipped. Is it just me? Am I the only one who feels like this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

You are not the only one.
Yet there is no need to feel that disappointed, we are still in a better shape than warriors.
If you know all classes in PvP or just want to do PvE content just hone your skills as a guardian and it should work out just fine (but not as good as some other professions).

Some say guards are strong. <Looks around>, well? Where are those strong guardians that people refer to? I can’t see them over the sea of necros /elementalists/engies/ revenants and rangers.
Well jokes aside, guardian can be pretty tough if you roll with it well but it requires some skill for it to work out just as good as others.
Yet on the long run it MIGHT start to feel unrewarding and boring due to small variety of viable specs/trait, utilities and seeing how almost everyone else (except thieves and warriors) exceeds guardian in every aspect of this game.

P.S.
But in the end of the day, I have a lot of fun playing my guardian, it is my only character (I do not enjoy having alts, kind of destroys my feeling of immersion) and I won’t give up on him. Still looking at the bright future of guardian’s viability to shine upon us, brother!
\[T]/

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

in Guardian

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

My view is pretty much the same, while i can admit i dont pve and my guardian rarely sees time in pvp i play nothing else in wvw, it has strong ranged with good defensive skills, i find it fun to play even if it is not as good as some of the other proffessions atm in wvw with the extra stats i find it fun and it has a lot of blocks and invulns to give you that couple extra seconds to get a down. But then again i main warrior so anything feels better lol

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Guardian

Posted by: Finalfreefall.8247

Finalfreefall.8247

Thanks both of you, : )

And it is really rewarding to be able to shelter a teammate or come back up and block out a burst with the virtue shield. (Hammer’s cool too!)

Here’s to the future of guardians!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

We have some cool stuff from DH but thats it, 80% is bad. We are in a good spot, aren’t we?

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The problem with guardian/dragonhunter is that it’s fine, and just fine. It’s not too good, but not really that bad either, which makes it rather difficult to touch before it’s either even worse or too good.

People are still whining about dragonhunter in PvP, because those people doesn’t have the basic knowledge of the game yet.

Still there is no dragonhunter in the meta, and they struggle at high level PvP, because they are a profession with such obvious skill you know when things will come and what to do against it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guys embrace it, just embrace it!… expect someday to get guardian stuff overboosted to be part of meta and play it while it lasts, then expect other class to be overboosted anbd play that class.

Welcome to gw2 metashifting. »:) because meta shifts is good right?

(…)
Still there is no dragonhunter in the meta, and they struggle at high level PvP, because they are a profession with such obvious skill you know when things will come and what to do against it.

The only way to get DH in meta is to boost damage output, wouldnt that be hilarious?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Guys embrace it, just embrace it!… expect someday to get guardian stuff overboosted to be part of meta and play it while it lasts, then expect other class to be overboosted anbd play that class.

Welcome to gw2 metashifting. »:) because meta shifts is good right?

(…)

The only way to get DH in meta is to boost damage output, wouldnt that be hilarious?

IDK I think guard could become meta if they looked at the 50% of utility skills, weapon skills & traits that are crap and brought them up to par in terms of how useful they are and how much they synergize.

Right now there isn’t much synergy between traits, weapon skills & utility skills. Top that off with so many weapon skills & utility skills having aged horribly and your choices are few & even fewer vs competent players.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Ragnar i was having that in mind also, but how far they would need to be buffed for that?
And if the sinergy improves that much, making guardian a good role, people dont think while fighthing a DH do you think they will start to think while fighthing a guardian with good sinergy trait?
If guard gets more offensive or more defensive either way people will complain how OP guard is, because they were expecting a easy win…

With this, i dont think they will ever put guardian in the place that many players want it, it is just not how the game is ment to work reason Anet prefers to shift meta instad finding a good balance between classes.
Seriouly, i dont expect changes in this game besides being based in damage output , by skills and weapon damage quoficients etc, more condi, more CC, then nerfer and improve X weapon in Y class.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I main Guardian, and it’s still fun for me. Our greatsword is my favorite weapon in the entire game, because it just… does everything. AoE, distance closer, three combo finishers (none of them blast, but w/e), CC…

in Guardian

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I enjoy guardian. I’ve been toying around with it, still haven’t found my niche yet.

in Guardian

Posted by: DesuNyan.4783

DesuNyan.4783

Love guardian, the PTOO PTOO of our longbow 1 makes me love the weapon.

sPvP pov.
Its fun, I don’t think guardian is that weak, we clearly make class #4 or #5 of some comps, rev/scrapper/ele is far ahead of us and reaper/search and rescue ranger is chosen more cause its FOTM.

For me though, I do think DH is amazing, I just don’t like seeing marauder’s amulet evar, rev/scrapper can run that amulet better any day of the week.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

In WvW, not anymore. Support frontline builds are no longer effective enough. The tools you have are for the way things were, not the way things are now.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I still have fun playing DH in pvp occasionally.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

In STRICTLY PvE, I have a fantastic time playing a DH. I use the Hammer Raid build, and I simply cannot die in Open World content.

In-terms of Groups & Raids: I have condition cleanses, a ton of heals, and even more blocks, blast finishers, symbols, several damage modifiers (Spear, Mobs on Fire, in Symbol), easy rotation, solid breakbar abilities, among the best group support, and pretty solid damage if you factor in Traps.

Plus, the Hammer Build is the best DPS build for a DH in longer fights, and I LOVE Hammers & Mauls in Fantasy settings.

Only thing I’m missing is move speed…

So yeah, I’m definitely having a good time playing a DH.

(edited by Faction.4013)

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

OP, what you said resonated with my soul. I wonder why WoR only has an 800 range… then I think about how GS 3 only has a range of 600. Our cooldowns need to be lowered, and our traits and virtues need to be reworked. If our mobility is going to suck, then we need better condition removal. Guardian needs a complete overhaul. It isn’t built to withstand the meta that’s going on.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Guardian is still fun to play for me even after 3 years of playing it.

I was told once by a guild member that our fractal runs were so smooth everytime we did them that is was fun to do. One day I could not make a fractal run and they had so many problems and didn’t know why until the day after when I could make it and it dawned on them. A good guardian makes dungeons/ fractals runs smooth. So not only is it fun and good for me but fun and good for my mates. That’s all you need right?

RP enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Still having tons with my guardian, and I mean pure vanilla guardian, not DH. Even reached Diamond in pvp league with it. A burn guardian. It eats minion necros like nothing and there are tons of necro minions in higher pvp tiers. I think I reached 700,000+ total condition damage in one match alone. So no, we are not weak, and no, it’s not go DH or bust.