Does it worth playing a guard in pvp ?

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

From my last pvp tournament livestream i’ve been seeing our class near extinct in teams , im a guard class player and even in hotjoin i barely see guardians (except me) 1-2 in 10 matches , are we really near ban from it because we can keep up with other classes (considering near all have advantages over us)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Medi guardian and Bunker guardian are still pretty good in sPvP. Can other profession do better those two things? Probably and that’s why guardian are not in most of the best team. But they work very well in Team Arena. The top profession always change over time, so if guardian is not in the top 4 right now, its not that big of a deal really.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

It’s definitely worth it. The fact that there are less guardians running around means that you will stand out more if you’re good at playing them.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

There are a lot more guardians on EU, on every rating level so this depends on region too. It’s not that guardians suck, but with the amount of celestial specs in a team you do not need a dedicated support guy because the sustain that amulet offers is good enough. Most NA teams run 3-4 celestial specs, while EU has more variety in this regard.

in Guardian

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

The main thing pushing guards out a bit is celementalists, though lots of Eu team run guard. Nothing can bunker/support like a guard.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Guardian

Posted by: Rothem.8174

Rothem.8174

The main thing pushing guards out a bit is celementalists, though lots of Eu team run guard. Nothing can bunker/support like a guard.

Agreed. But the problem is that if you have a dedicated bunker, you’re losing out on firepower in teamfights

in Guardian

witcher.3197

Agreed. But the problem is that if you have a dedicated bunker, you’re losing out on firepower in teamfights

You do. But every comp that’s not built around celestial specs needs something that actually keeps that firepower alive otherwise you’re just a bunch of rallybots.

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

You do. But every comp that’s not built around celestial specs needs something that actually keeps that firepower alive otherwise you’re just a bunch of rallybots.

me and my team did some tpvp. they ask me to role bunker. i stand at mid and at the beginning the mesmer and condi engi just target me i couldnt do a thing. we lost every time as the other team had ele, engi, thief, mesmer and guard (not bunker i think)

as i role to med guard for more dmg we did better as we had more fire power on mid which the engi/thief/mesmer couldnt take

so i think if the other team has 1-2 condi spec , the bunker guard will have hard time

in Guardian

witcher.3197

me and my team did some tpvp. they ask me to role bunker. i stand at mid and at the beginning the mesmer and condi engi just target me i couldnt do a thing. we lost every time as the other team had ele, engi, thief, mesmer and guard (not bunker i think)

as i role to med guard for more dmg we did better as we had more fire power on mid which the engi/thief/mesmer couldnt take

so i think if the other team has 1-2 condi spec , the bunker guard will have hard time

Against condi heavy specs you could try the 0/0/2/6/6 version. Besides, rolling bunker guard for 1 match and losing with 0 experience on the spec might not be the best way to form an opinion already. Keep practicing, bunker guard’s fun and after the next balance patch I’m sure this will be a mandatory thing again

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Have to agree with the later view here.

Guardian may bunker the best, but elementalist is a very close second & they bring mobility, some conditions & some CC when they bunker or support. (All things which guardians lack)

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Against condi heavy specs you could try the 0/0/2/6/6 version. Besides, rolling bunker guard for 1 match and losing with 0 experience on the spec might not be the best way to form an opinion already. Keep practicing, bunker guard’s fun and after the next balance patch I’m sure this will be a mandatory thing again

i didnt say 1 match 0 exp
i have some experience with bunker builds

i tried 0,1,6,6,1 build and 0,0,2,6,6 build
again when i get focus on the point with condi pressure this build is lacking and i cant help or support my team well so in 2v2 on mid i dont have fire power so its basically 1v2 while i can give boons and cleanse and res . but when its 2v2 while i am on med guard its become more easy to handle the condi pressure