Doubts about guardian

Doubts about guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Has the sword really become useless for guardian over mace in PvE?
I really enjoy playing GS/Sw+F so I’m very reluctant in changing to the slow mace, that being said, I’m clearly biased so I’m asking for your opinions.

To make up for what I lose from mace’s symbol, I’m also using the Radiance’s line Retribution (10% more damage under Retaliation) instead of Radiant Fire. The reason I chose to do this is because I don’t see any advantage in burning damage even with the modifiers if I’m running 0 condition damage and I do get my share of retal from GS symbol and virtues (can get more uptime if I use Save Yourselves, which I don’t at the moment).
So what is your opinion guys?

Currently using Radiance, Zeal and Virtues.

Doubts about guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

If you are thinking about DPS, then you should read https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/first

it was updated after patch, and looks like sword has lost its position in terms of damage, if that is what you are looking for

9 Guardians later…

Doubts about guardian

in Guardian

Subutex.2416

Thank you. I’ve read Obal’s guide, that’s where the Radiant Fire doubt came from.

Doubts about guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I really enjoy playing GS/Sw+F so I’m very reluctant in changing to the slow mace, that being said, I’m clearly biased so I’m asking for your opinions.

To make up for what I lose from mace’s symbol, I’m also using the Radiance’s line Retribution (10% more damage under Retaliation) instead of Radiant Fire. The reason I chose to do this is because I don’t see any advantage in burning damage even with the modifiers if I’m running 0 condition damage and I do get my share of retal from GS symbol and virtues (can get more uptime if I use Save Yourselves, which I don’t at the moment).

Don’t think of Radiant fire in terms of Burning Damage. I was thinking at first. You will need to Swap that focus for a torch, running GS/Mace Torch. Radiant fire will allow you to toss number 4 on your torch more, and torch 4 always did hit hard. Even more so now.

See Obal’s guild for a DPS comparison. I like the idea of sword, but only its auto attack and blind was ever very useful. I never used Zealots Defense outside of PvP

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Doubts about guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Thank you. I’ve read Obal’s guide, that’s where the Radiant Fire doubt came from.

Well I know you can doubt my posts anytime, but I think that guy should know what he is talking about

9 Guardians later…

Doubts about guardian

in Guardian

Subutex.2416

Don’t think of Radiant fire in terms of Burning Damage. I was thinking at first. You will need to Swap that focus for a torch, running GS/Mace Torch. Radiant fire will allow you to toss number 4 on your torch more, and torch 4 always did hit hard. Even more so now.

See Obal’s guild for a DPS comparison. I like the idea of sword, but only its auto attack and blind was ever very useful. I never used Zealots Defense outside of PvP

OK, thanks for clearing that out.