Downed abilities are terrible?

in Guardian

Posted by: Spyder.7192

Spyder.7192

Granted I have only played other classes to 15ish, but it seems to me that our downed abilities are next to useless for reviving ourselves unless we have a mob closeby that only has a sliver of life left. While other classes get useful things to try to help revive themselves.

It is a case of “the grass is always greener” or are our downed abilities bad?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

I dunno, we get an aoe interrupt that blows everyone away, and we get a symbol that greatly increases healing for a while, what more do you want? I’m not sure how other professions have better downed skills.

You’re not really supposed to survive if you’re downed and there’s no one to help you against healthy monsters. You can kill weakened opponents with #1 and you can interrupt killing blows with #2.

I guess the warrior has the best (surprise surprise).. with revenge that revives him at full power.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Guardian

Posted by: SuperLuigi.3720

SuperLuigi.3720

The Revenge skill has a long cooldown, and it’s only temporary unless the Warrior can kill someone.

No, Guardians are in the middle as far as usefulness goes. Some classes don’t even get an interrupt or escape that’s off cooldown in time to avoid the first wave of stomps. Other classes can chain their escape moves to survive a stupidly long time (THIEVES).

We’re not bad off, not by a long shot, but we could be better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

The #1 skill is full of feathers and butterflies, but the #2 is nice for the knockback and #3 is a very respectable heal and a bit of damage. #3 can keep you alive almost another half bar itself. I think the skills are fairly good where they stand.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Definitely grass is greener. You might be looking at Thieves and Mesmers, but their’s outshines everyone else while downed.

Most classes like the Warrior, Engineer, and Necromancer have a skill to interrupt stomps on their 2 as well, however it is all SINGLE TARGET!

Elementalists don’t even have a way to interrupt outside of their 3, Myst form, and by the time that comes up, it’s usually too late.

Guardians are actually pretty well off, the 2 skill knocks everyone back around you, the only counter to this is stability or having one guy go for the stomp and another going straight in after the KB. The 3 skill also heals you which gives your team more leeway and time in getting you up.

in Guardian

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

Guardians are probably somewhere in the middle. Skills 2/3 are quite respectable but is is easy to get lost when comparing to some others…. like a thief where it is just plain annoying.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Well there’s Revenge of the Fallen and Strength of the Fallen, but I don’t think anyone specs those lol.

Combine them into one and people would use them more.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Guardian downed state skills are fine. As a trick, I’m pretty certain #3 acts as a rally assist for #4 and tends to revive you very quickly (as long as nothing is there to interrupt you).

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: Bobnintendo.1256

Bobnintendo.1256

I would argue that the Guardian’s downed state is one of the best. We have propably the second best stomp interrupt, after Mesmer’s and Thiefs because theirs can’t be countered by Stability. But aside from Mesmer, Thief and Guardian, no class can survive when two people attempt stomp them at the same time right after being downed. Our third skill has a long cooldown before we can use it, but if you ever find yourself downed with no one trying to kill you, this can heal you up so incredibly fast.
Guardians propably have the best chances at rallying after they were downed. Thief’s can just escape from you for a while. I’d still say Mesmer’s have the best downed state because their illusions persist and their third skill actually deals considerable damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

for comparison
engineer #1 is a random condition- you can die and deal 0 damage to a mob with 1 hp

1. is the only pull,mybe you can get 1 peson into aoe for a rally
  2. is great except it does alot of self damage

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I remember when our #2 downed skill simply blinded…
What we have now is glorious.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Yeah, we’re pretty well-off in the downed state department. It’s not completely useless, but it’s not too powerful either.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Spyder.7192

Spyder.7192

I was speaking from a purely PvE point of view. But it sounds like we are well off in WvW and PvP.

in Guardian

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

The Guardian class is designed around usually having allies around.

Guardian’s down-state reflects this with their 2 and 3 abilities.

It’ll seem a lot better when people around start wising up and immediately res’ing downed players in a fight.
It’s heart-breaking when a player tries to solo an elite-boss while 2 to 3 other players are downed and slowly healing…

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)