Dragon Hunter sucks

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

They do no damage, have poor AoE, and are very fragile. You must use all of your abilities and careful consideration to take down veterans, whereas a basic guardian can just run in guns blazing and take them out. I see no advantages to running a DH over a basic GS guardian, save for the ranged advantage.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

…poor damage? No aoe? Carefully consider how to kill veterans? Are you using a level 1 weapon in arah? I rolled around for an hour or two last night with just the longbow and new virtues and was literally crapping out damage like I just had a meal from taco bell.

Every attack you do with the LB is an aoe, brother. The auto bounces, 2 and 3 pierce, 4 and 5 are full on aoes. My true shot only lagged behind my WW by about 100 points of damage, but I didn’t mind much since I was chilling at a very comfortable 1200 range. I took on THREE veterans last night + about 2 normal mobs with DH, so I have 0 idea what you’re talking about.

If you’d like proof, I could gladly try my hand at soloing it if you’d like. Add me, I’ll be on in about 5 hours.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I don’t experience this problem at all. The damage is fine–even burning stacks a lot with it.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Confirmed. DH excels at killing random mobs on a map.

Only weaknesses are PvP, Fractals and Raids.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Only weaknesses are PvP, Fractals and Raids.

Dragonhunter Bunker is already shaping up to be incredible in PvP, so you can take that off of the list. I haven’t played DH in Fractals yet, so no comment there, and it’s too early to speculate on raids when we’ve only seen one boss in one wing (and when elite specs have received some notable buffs/nerfs since we’ve tried them last).

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

…whereas a basic guardian can just run in guns blazing and take them out.

Basic Guardians can’t use guns so I’m not sure where you’re getting that from

Fishsticks

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

How did you guys get 400 hero points already?

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

That’s the thing. Just the virtues and weapon skills are providing this much performance. Imagine being fully traited?

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I would have to agree that core guardian feels better in core pve. There is absolutely no reason to use longbow, or even lol traps.

You would only get dragon hunter for max paper dps.

And DH bunker is a kittening joke now that burst is through the roof. Face a zener reaper and then tell me how good bunker guard ie

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

Map completion and leveling past 80.
You also get ~10 hero points from each hero challenge in the new zones I think?

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

I highly suggest watching Phantaram stream DH. True shot crits for 7k and the dazing trap trait is amazing. The healing trap can also compete shelter since it heals twice as much, damages, blinds and dazes if traited. This is strictly pvp tho.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Ahh yes, that’s why I’m 1-shotting players in WvW and sPvP. 3 traps + daze + pull = dead.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I highly suggest watching Phantaram stream DH. True shot crits for 7k and the dazing trap trait is amazing. The healing trap can also compete shelter since it heals twice as much, damages, blinds and dazes if traited. This is strictly pvp tho.

In a 2v2 or 1v1, that trueshot is easily dodge-able. Plus with the bunker style meta, you aren’t doing that much to most classes.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

In a 2v2 or 1v1, that trueshot is easily dodge-able. Plus with the bunker style meta, you aren’t doing that much to most classes.

Did you look at trueshot’s cooldown?

Also: god kitten wings of resolve has A LOT of heal! Base resolve is like 1.9k or so for me, then all of a sudden wings is ~4k. Renewed virtue and you can burst 8k hp! It’s like having a second heal skill!

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

I don’t PvP. This is strictly for PvE.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Why did you expect DH to be any good for PVE in the first place? Have you not been paying attention to these forums for the last 3 months?

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

As I said before when I see DH with traps he’s my first target that I can finish without cooldowns. Bad spec.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m 3 jungle hero challenges away form my grandmaster. So far Dragonhunter has been a BEAST. Loving it pretty much as much as I expected.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

They do no damage, have poor AoE, and are very fragile. You must use all of your abilities and careful consideration to take down veterans,

Are you talking about new map man? Because even with “standard” guardian a couple of pocket raptor can melt my kitten easily.. Don’t be so drastic DH it’s not so bad, imho the only horrible thing is the spec’s name…

Confirmed. Only weaknesses are PvP, Fractals and Raids.

PvP: I had no problem at all in spvp, in fact I win some flame too
Fractals: You mean 30+, because I can do low levels naked with a wood stick
Raids: You are probably right , DH is a selfish spec.. not something I want to bring for helping my team

edit: typos happen

(edited by rbbthole.9074)

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

It doesn’t really suck, its just.. boring? Mediocre? Theres certainly nothing “elite” about it.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Aaaaand just unlocked my grandmaster trait. Woohoo!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

Very fun in PvP so far.

No.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Map completion and leveling past 80.
You also get ~10 hero points from each hero challenge in the new zones I think?

Hm, cant be right. Map completion(s) and more then one 80 couse I had only 199 HP. I have 4 lvl 80 and 2 of them 100% map comp.

“Death is just another path”

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Taking DH means more dps. You give up blind spam though.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

I do better as a DH than a medi, and it’s so much more fun aswell :P It just sucks that the pull on the spear is longer than the actual virtue and you can’t know for sure if its ready or not before using the spear.

Whats up with bow #3, it feels so weak and lackluster. Sometimes i dont even know why i use it. I’m not saying it’s good or bad, but there’s no feel/power behind the shot.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

I do better as a DH than a medi, and it’s so much more fun aswell :P It just sucks that the pull on the spear is longer than the actual virtue and you can’t know for sure if its ready or not before using the spear.

Whats up with bow #3, it feels so weak and lackluster. Sometimes i dont even know why i use it. I’m not saying it’s good or bad, but there’s no feel/power behind the shot.

Probably has to do with its velocity. It used to move faster, but that didn’t mesh well with its functionality. So now it looks like a slow, pitiful shot, though its effectiveness increased, it just LOOKS bad.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m finding DH incredibly fun.

There’s just more active playability. What I mean by that is, it’s going to take more skill to counter act another player. I’m not sure if this is the same for other classes but right now, I feel the Guardian has it down pat.

A lot of players may complain about certain items (I feel Stability trait needs to apply on ALL knock back effects but, that may make power builds OP…) but it may just be a Huge learning curve considering everything is still relatively new and there’s no true meta yet.

Regardless, I appreciate Karl and the other devs for not throwing in the towel when things started to heat up leading up to HoT, All the beta classes brainstorming and what not, I think everything, the final product, is excellent. I hope you all get a giant cookie cake.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

It has two parts. Projectile destruction and blind. If you destroy a projectile with the shot, its damage doubles. It, it my opinion, embodies everything a guardian is meant to do, which is attack and defend simultaneously.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

…poor damage? No aoe? Carefully consider how to kill veterans? Are you using a level 1 weapon in arah? I rolled around for an hour or two last night with just the longbow and new virtues and was literally crapping out damage like I just had a meal from taco bell.

Every attack you do with the LB is an aoe, brother. The auto bounces, 2 and 3 pierce, 4 and 5 are full on aoes. My true shot only lagged behind my WW by about 100 points of damage, but I didn’t mind much since I was chilling at a very comfortable 1200 range. I took on THREE veterans last night + about 2 normal mobs with DH, so I have 0 idea what you’re talking about.

If you’d like proof, I could gladly try my hand at soloing it if you’d like. Add me, I’ll be on in about 5 hours.

Say hello to Veteran Coztec Shadowleapers

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

I don’t know what your problem is – with the first build I made for it (with only half the specialization unlocked) I’m soloing vets in the jungle…

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

Just did 1.3 million normal damage and 100k condition damage with full traps in a single PvP match, damage looks good to me.

No.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

So, having played for 24h hrs now and even though I’m still super discouraged w/ the implementation of Hero Points and needing 400 in a Game Mode I don’t like (PVE)….

They’ve done some really good improvements to DH. It’s not nearly as “clunky” – it’s alot more fluid and has some “OK” synergies.

The damage is defiantly NOT the issue. lol

Bow targeting is still a bit wonky – feels like a ranger longbow at short range where you’re not always hitting the target – regardless of how much you’re straifing and firing.

Contrast to ranger short bow which rarely has issues “hitting” the target.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Just gonna post what I had in another thread.

Here’s my synopsis of the DH thus far.

Traps: From a dps perspective, this is only useful with Trapper runes. Without these, an offensive Guardian using traps won’t be optimal. Bunker is another story.

Long Bow: Solid dmg and control but no real defensive capabilities when someone gets in your face unlike other ranged weapons(Rifle kb, LB on ranger with stealth and kb.)
Traits:

Adepts:

-Piercing light helps a ton when running a near-full trap build but again, without trapper runes, it becomes a chore/dangerous.

Soaring Devastation: solid damage but goes against the theme that is dragonhunter with a bow. I’m supposed to want to stay at ranged, not move closer.

Dulled Senses: Subpar compared to the top two. Without constant kb’s, you’ll never see these conditions applied consistently enough

Masters:
Hunter’s Determination: Excellent for bunker Guardians

Zealot’s Aggression: Not bad but it discourages you from popping your active, this needs to be adjusted.

Bulwark: Shield of Courage is on an unnecessarily long cd for being primarily selfish. Baseline should be reduced and this maybe reduce it further.

Grand masters:

Hunter’s Fortification: This one feels very weak. VERY difficult to keep the 10% mitigation up since everything sneezes conditions and in comparison to say Adaptive armor which is always up and is always rewarding, this feels very weak in comparison.
Heavy Light: Just like Hunter’s Fort, feels very weak and heavily rng-based. This should also be overhauled.

Big Game Hunter: Just like the other two, it feels very weak and if you’re running

Traits overall feel relatively weak, especially the gm’s.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

Since I only have the hero points to play this elite spec, I tried it out on the “live” environment and here’s my feedback.

Yet again, root #2 of the longbow has got to go. Like skill #1, 3 (my favorite), and 4. Skill#5 is meh by itself, but works well with virtues #3; something still feels off.

Virtue #2 and #3 were good (with the latter being too long cooldown). Virtue #1 didn’t have much impact.

Didn’t play traps/have enough points to really say much about the skills/other traits.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Yeah, i thought it was sucks too. But to tell you the truth, i was wrong.

I could soloed 2 Veteran “T-Rex” mob with ease, no sweat. Perhaps you should change your old playing style of guard.

Not sure about PVP though, too busy with new exploring new map =p

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

God stop cry. All the time you say “DH suks…” And after they up the DH at this moment DH is so op. All time time first in pvp, traps are amazing, with controle (daze, etc) high damage, and snare, buff. The bow does so good damage. Atm DH is an horror in pvp and pve for all the other classes. So stop crying, if you do?t like the skin don t play it.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

I haven’t overly been enjoying the DH so far other than liking the range aspect, but my assumption is that it’s because I have a terrible build. Does anyone have a build, or link to a build somewhere online that can show me how to build it? I assume GS/Bow is a good combo.

I think that might be a lot of peoples problem that they don’t know how to make a decent build and/or use the abilities to their maximum.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

I don’t know about suck but I feel there one of the worst elites. People will claim they did this or that with one but personally not really seeing it they can have very good burst but easy to dodge.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Are yall speaking for PvE? DH is looking incredible in ESL currently.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Are yall speaking for PvE? DH is looking incredible in ESL currently.

This is just the result of what is known as “parroting”

Fishsticks

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Karma.3064

Karma.3064

No clue what you guys are talking about but keep thinking that DH sucks. I’ll happily take DH and cram it down most anyone’s throat in pvp right now.

Oh, and as for having issue with soloing vets……i finished the full DH spec yesterday around noon and was soloing champs before even getting the last two skills. So….yeah….not really having a issue doing damage with it in pve. lol

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Maybe people should go back to complaining about the name; at least that’s subjective.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

It’s amazing, at least for PvP so far.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: grahf.7540

grahf.7540

I cannot believe anyone is complaining about DH in PVP!? I have no clue what else you’d want. DH properly built literally excels at every range. I regularly have 1 million+ dmg while being nearly unkillable. Seriously, if you cannot make this work in PVP you are doing something horrifically wrong.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Rayco.8769

Rayco.8769

Sucks or not. I just don’t think it’s fun. Maybe I’m missing something, but it feels extremely slow, clunky, and situational. At least I can ignore the HP grind I guess?

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Its fun. Ranger is back in the box and enjoying the DH greatly. Nice to have some decent and interesting mechanics, and no chitty AI pet.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

I have to admit, the more I play they more I’m liking DH. At first I was playing like a boring turret until I figured out how the pierce aspect works. Now I’m running around like crazy lining up trick shots and unleashing rivers of 5k+ crits through hordes of mobs.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Why did you expect DH to be any good for PVE in the first place? Have you not been paying attention to these forums for the last 3 months?

Assuming your statement is true, why should one of the main features of the expansion be relegated to non-PvE venues?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

(edited by juno.1840)

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Assuming your statement is true, why should one of the main features of the expansion be relegated to non-PvE venues?

It’s not regulated to non-PVE venues.

Dragon Hunter sucks

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

So, having played for 24h hrs now and even though I’m still super discouraged w/ the implementation of Hero Points and needing 400 in a Game Mode I don’t like (PVE)….

They’ve done some really good improvements to DH. It’s not nearly as “clunky” – it’s alot more fluid and has some “OK” synergies.

The damage is defiantly NOT the issue. lol

Bow targeting is still a bit wonky – feels like a ranger longbow at short range where you’re not always hitting the target – regardless of how much you’re straifing and firing.

Contrast to ranger short bow which rarely has issues “hitting” the target.

Agree with the whole mastery and hero point deal. Would have been a nice idea for those of us who only perform WvW to use our existing ranks and buy them. Those who only do WvW get most of the hero points instantly. Those that do a bit of PvE and WvW get them at about the middle ground. Those that PvE, well, get them at that pace.

DH with bow is a lot like playing duck hunter. You need to lead the target. More so than I do on my ranger.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)