Dragon hunter rant

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: fashion.6712

fashion.6712

Wow i was so exited…ranger with heavy armor and heals. But i feel the traps are ok while the bow is pretty much garbage. Autoattack is like pinching the enemy with needles. The “burst” shot, trueshot, has a long cooldown and does just underpar damage compared to ranger. The soundeffects are like “pling pling” while the ranger is like “pffft pfft”, sounds actually like arrows wooshing through the air. Most of the time i just autoattack while on the ranger there is so much more to do. So DH isnt actually a hunter but a melee with an emergency range option?

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Wow i was so exited

This was your first mistake

ranger with heavy armor and heals.

This was your second

Fishsticks

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

melee with an emergency range option

That’s exactly how is use it in most of content. GS most of the time, LB for emergency disengage to create enough distance but to keep dpsing. LB’s DPS is total garbage tho.

(edited by Shampanix.3928)

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Boring elite spec. Let’s hope the next elite spec remedies that.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I dont use LB anymore. Symbolic build for pvp and Greatsword for wvw.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I like the DH virtue changes. the effects are far more powerful then vanila but on longer CDs making their use more tactical instead of spam like making the gameplay different.

As for the bow, I think I only like it for skill 5, rest of it is indeed underwhelming.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

The effects are far more powerful then vanila but on longer CDs

Only Shield is on a longer cooldown, and that’s after the round of buffs for vanilla virtues. On HoT launch Justice was 25s to Spear’s 20s, and Resolve was 45s to Wings’ 30s.

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Isnt this thread like 2 years late?

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

But i feel the traps are ok while the bow is pretty much garbage. Autoattack is like pinching the enemy with needles. The “burst” shot, trueshot, has a long cooldown and does just underpar damage compared to ranger.

[…]

So DH isnt actually a hunter but a melee with an emergency range option?

True Shot was nerfed two times (-20% damage, +50% cooldown). At the HoT release the DH longbow was like 5x times better than the only other ranged weapon from the Guardian: the Scepter.

The DH is a great roamer/duellist, and that’s all.

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Isnt this thread like 2 years late?

I think it is more relevant than ever. There’s only one balance patch left before the expansion, and then we get a new spec to compare it to. Two years ago, we didn’t know how balance patch would treat the spec or saw it in practice.

Dragon hunter rant

in Guardian

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Like every elite speak there is some flaw in design. And for DH its the new weapon you het picking it.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.