Dragonhunter - What does it remind you of?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

At first reading the Guardian’s new Specialization, I have to admit, disappointed me. You can read various reasons for that all over this sub forum. However, sometime later, I recalled another holy warrior, with the word ‘Hunter’ in its title. Fiend Hunter.

If playing a Dragonhunter gives the same vibe like the art on the magic card Fiend Hunter, I may play it more than other prof or spec. And that says a lot.

- For the art:
http://imgur.com/HYIVqGn

There’re plenty other topics for discussion, criticism and more . Be it on the spec mechanics or the name. This topic however, is about something else. What does the new Dragonhunter reminds you of? Pics are more than welcome!

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

(edited by Ithamir.5928)

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

It reminds me of a trap ranger.

I have a ranger. I play him when I want to play ranger.

A guardian should not be a ranger.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Doesn’t even slightly remind me of the trap ranger. Its playstyle is ALREADY looking to be a different direction from that. Those saying its trap ranger 2.0 are only looking at the skill types and weapon type. Not the way theyl actually play in the hand of a guardian.

What it reminds me of more than anything is a Monster Hunter character. Which is more than okay in my book.

Ghost Yak

in Guardian

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

In anime Bleach the “quincy” are humans who use spirit bows and shoot arrows made of energy. They have same color theme of white/blue that the guardians have.

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Man I want to cry today..

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

They also reminded me of Monster Hunter. Bows, Hammers, Greatswords, swords, etc. Drop your traps to capture the monster as seen in the video, all that fun stuff.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ranger’s specializations are probably going to be support, similiar to guardians (5 shouts?)
They’ll be saying “I already have a Guardian”

This is what the trait specialization is all about people. They specialize in what they aren’t good in.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Ranger’s specializations are probably going to be support, similiar to guardians (5 shouts?)
They’ll be saying “I already have a Guardian”

This is what the trait specialization is all about people. They specialize in what they aren’t good in.

There were definitely ways for them to give guardians backline support and condition builds without turning them into a ranger wannabe. And if the druid turns out to be a nature guardian, then yeah, I’ll be upset about that too. Granted, maybe not as upset as I am in this case because guardian is my main (and also druid isn’t a horrendous name), but I’d still be a bit peeved at the lack of originality.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

In anime Bleach the “quincy” are humans who use spirit bows and shoot arrows made of energy. They have same color theme of white/blue that the guardians have.

OMG This!
I knew it reminded me of something and it is very similar in style, they have a longbow style for a protection preofession. The meaning is even “Monk of Destruction”
We are onto you ANet.
A bunch of shameless anime fans. =P
“Dragon’s Maw” looks a lot like “Sprenger”
https://youtu.be/Hh1r-M2G2oc

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in Guardian

Posted by: Drael.2015

Drael.2015

Trap ranger who is slightly harder to kill but has less offensive abilities than the ranger. But it’s great news for rangers who want to play without a pet I guess.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I still think people didn’t realise what ANET said when they talked about how they are going to attempt to fill in what the current proffesion lacks. This fills quite literally ALL of what guardian lacks when used properly.

Mesmers got support wells becuase there only realy use of support in most game types was invis.

Guardians are getting ranged and control based skills.

Ghost Yak

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

And the Dragonhunter traits and skills will grant the chance to obtain other conditions than Burn. That will increase our chance to become good at condition damage!
Range, Conditions, Traps, everything that Guardian’s need to make new builds!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Lets not forget you can mix and match here. You can do full melee condi traps with trapper runes, or you could do full shouts and AH with the Longbow and Virtue changes, or any mix of what these skills bring. You aren’t forced to utilize everything the spec offers, but instead use what you need to its fullest.

Fishsticks