Dragonhunter info

Dragonhunter info

in Guardian

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

I’ve recently got a guardian to 80 and am looking at making them a Dragonhunter running with Shield&Mace/Longbow. (I know that these weapons are likely not very good combination but I’m not doing any hardcore raiding or nowt.)

What kind of things should I know about using the spec?
tia

Dragonhunter info

in Guardian

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Mace is one of my favorite weapons for wvw.

Check out my first video https://youtu.be/tsw-x54xSj0

i ve used it in my core guardian video aswell on the channel, with mace you get some nice melee range options but will leave you open to be kited if you dont swatch back to a more mobile weapon or ranged one

Hope it helps

Dragonhunter info

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Personally, I would use sword over mace. Mace is cool, but the lower damage might make fights feel like a drag.

Dragonhunter is very straightforward, it prioritises damage over anything else. Take all the damage increasing traits (Piercing Light, Zealot’s Aggression, Big Game Hunter).

The new virtues are cool, use the spear on cooldown for more damage, and if you are using the Zeal traitline, it recharges on kill, so you can open with it all the time and when switching from one target to another.

Procession of Blades is a highly damaging utility, a big change from guardian’s other abilities that are mostly defensive/supportive. The other traps are not as cool for pve, with only Test of Faith coming close.

Dragonhunter info

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

if you are using the Radiance traitline, it recharges on kill,

ftfy

But in essence correct, don’t make a defensive Dragonhunter… moreso for PvE
Sword leaves mace in the dust. Use shield with Test of Faith otherwise use a focus.

Mace/Shield is a proper paladin weapon set… I know. I want to use it too. But Dragonhunter is a hunter, not a healer. That role has been pushed aside by the development team. If you try to be traditionalist you’ll be missing out on the whole point of the traitline.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

Dragonhunter info

in Guardian

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

This all depends on what content you want to play. PvE. PvP, Raids, or WvW.