Dragonhunter trait synergy

in Guardian

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

The dragonhunter is really fun, dont get me wrong, even the traps are way better then I expected. What feels odd are the traits, it feel like they want to force you using the longbow while having zero synergy with other weapons.
Mainly I talk about Zealot’s Aggression it may aswell be +7% while using longbow, why isnt it +7% vs enemies with movement impairing conditions? That would synergize with the imobilize the guardian has accsess too, as well the chill hammer can be traited for. The gm minor has kinda the same issue, longbow is the only weapon that benefits from it since staff only has the 600 range and is never taken for damage, but allways for its utility.
That trait may as well be added to the grandmaster trait for simplification since most of the other utillity specific traits were combined- like the spiritweapon ones. there are literally 4 traits in that line that only relate to longbow, thats more then unnecessary.

tl;dr: combine traits, increace dmg modifier synergy (to chill and imob)
-Sorry for the rant- still love the dragonhunter

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

My thoughts exactly. I get that the longbow is the signature dragon hunter weapon but it should absolutely not be the basis for it’s minor traits. Some of us want to use traps on pure melee builds, so don’t shoehorn the bow traits on that we won’t ever use.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

10% damage at 600+ range. We have plenty of skills and situations we can benefit from. Scepter is 1200 range, so it’s not difficult to get 600 away from a target. Staff has 2 and 3 that each are easily used past 600. Torch and Focus 4 each go past, as does Hammer 3. Sword 3 caps at 900 range, and any reflects can easily go beyond that distance. Setting traps down and running 600 away will also grant that extra damage. Even Spear of Justice can benefit.

It’s clearly not a Longbow trait only. You just aren’t looking hard enough at what you can do with it.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Talked about this extensively. I had thoughts on how to change it and even gave suggestions but no one seemed to care at the time because they hadn’t gotten their hands on the thing.

But here are my ideas for changes;
DRAGONHUNTER:
Piercing Light: (Change piercing light to this.)
Cause 3 stacks of Bleeding to targets when you reach the burning threshold.
Threshold: 3 stacks of burning

Trapped (Replaces Soaring Devastation. Soaring Devastation will be merged with Strengthened Virtues below.)
Deal 10% more damage to Stunned, Knocked down or Immobilized foes. Immobilized foes cannot evade and deal 15% less damage.

Weakened Prey(Master tier trait replacing Bulwark)
Apply weakness to targets when you reach the bleeding threshold.
Threshold: 3 stacks of Bleed
Weakness for 7s

Strengthened Virtues (This should be moved to GM tier replacing Heavy Light and Heavy Light should be merged with Dulled Senses in the master tier. This also removes Soaring Devastation and Bulwark as I don’t think they are very good traits on their own.)
Shield of Courage lasts longer and has an increased radius.
Wings of Resolve immobilize foes and deals damage
Spear of Justice knocks down all foes it hits

Heavy Light (moved to Master Tier and merge with Dulled senses)
Enemies you hit with the Longbow within the threshold are knocked back and crippled.

Hunter Determination (merge Pure of Sight with Hunter’s Determination)
Your attacks that are blinded, blocked or evaded, grant you a stacking buff.
Your next attack deals 10% more damage. Stacks up to 5 times. This effect ends after 10s or when you land an attack. Attackers outside the threshold take 10% more damage. Gain stability for every enemy hit by True Shot.
Threshold: 600

Replace Pure of Sight minor trait with;
Winged Defender
Activating Wings of Resolve grants you Aegis.

Hunters Fortification (The current hunter’s fortification should be change to this)
When you lay down a Ward, you also lay down a trap. Traps recharge 20% faster and apply bleeds.
Trap: Test of Faith (Wards include Hammer 5, Staff 5, Longbow 5)
Trap Cooldown: 45

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)