Dungeon Starter Build

Dungeon Starter Build

in Guardian

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

My guardian turned a year old this week, and is still only level 70 (I have every other class at 80 and each one has at least one game mode I can use them in). I’ve struggled with playing this class; after all the others, this one feels boring and lackluster. Everybody says guardian is easy mode, but I seem to have a lot of trouble with it. I leveled her mostly with tomes, some eotm, daily experience, starter maps, and in the Halloween labyrinth, so I haven’t properly learned the class and have really only used staff and great sword. I will finish up the last ten levels and make an attempt at finding some area of the game I can play her in and have fun.

I’m basically looking for a dungeon build to learn guardian on. Something well rounded that I won’t have to change up too much. If you can suggest skill rotations, that would help a lot as well. I’m not looking for stat suggestions, just traits, weapon types, and commonly used utilities.

Dungeon Starter Build

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

4/5/0/0/5 is the general meta build. Check the sticky by obal.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Dungeon Starter Build

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Guardian leveling guide by Obal, (if you still need it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBzRhmV16qY
Guardian DPS rotations by Obal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgK9IcYXr_U

Also, indeed 4/5/0/0/5 is the general meta build. If, however you are having difficulty playing this build, which anyone recommending it for a beginner forgot that they had time to learn the encounters and rolled suboptimal builds a long time with more self sustain, I can recommend one of the following:

1. 0/6/0/6/2
  2. 2/5/0/2/5
  3. 2/6/0/1/5 or 4/5/0/1/4
  4. actual meta ofc 4/5/0/0/5

*I still recommend getting Berserker, armor, weapons and trinkets.

Build 1 will let u get and extra hit or two if you are still learning some encounters, but I strongly suggest getting used to build 2 as it has better condition clear and dmg. There is also the 3/5/0/4/2 hammer build which is an easy build to play, but I don’t recommend it because camping hammer is not good if you try to learn the weapon sets (and it’s more for some fractal situations). After u got used to build 2 and u see that u stop getting downed so often go for build 3, and finally embrace the meta.

Good luck and have fun!

Dungeon Starter Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

You should use the meta buids from the links creepmatic posted. If you still need more survivability you can mix some soldier pieces of armor with the zerk stuff until you get more comfortable with going full zerk. But honestly, i think using defensive gear gives just a placebo effect, if someone goes to your account and change all your character’s defensive armor to zerk without telling you you wont notice the difference in survivability.

I recommend using superior runes of flame legion, they are very cheap and work well on guardian, so you dont have to spend almost 40g on scholar runes.