Dungeons/PVE/pugging

Dungeons/PVE/pugging

in Guardian

Posted by: Ikaros.5730

Ikaros.5730

So I finally got my guardian to level 80 and I had a few questions. First off after a little research I believe the best build is 4/5/0/0/5 for over all utility for puggs. I’m also running GS/s+f. I was wondering what kind of “rotation” I should be doing, and what utility skill i should be using. Any help or guiding hand would be appreciated

Dungeons/PVE/pugging

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Anywhere reflect is useful Wall of Reflection, if that’s not enough maybe Shield of the Avenger as well. Stand your ground is useful in a lot of situations for the stability. Retreat is never bad for swiftness/aegis. That’s my go to 3 slots I start out with. If stability isn’t needed I’ll swap in Bane Signet for more damage. If I need more condi cleanse than Absolute Resolution will give me I’ll put in Purging flames. If Stand your ground isn’t enough stability I’ll get Hallowed Grounds.

That’s the general gist of it.

As for rotation with waepons.

GS2-4-3 + 5 if I don’t need the pull for something else. Then on a short fight swap to sword and focus 4+5 then auto till dead, on a longer fight keep autoing on GS till 2 is back up, do that then rotate sword and focus 4+5 till swap is back up, swap and start over.

So basically short fight one rotation through GS then swap, on longer fight wait for GS2 to be back up and get two of those in between each swap.

Save focus abilities if their utility is needed (blocks or blinds) but they are both good damage so if not use them for that.

Dungeons/PVE/pugging

in Guardian

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

Depends on the fight. Knowing the fight will give you your rotation. This is coming from my Medi build which differs from yours, obv. It isn’t a build for speed clears, although it does a lot of dmg very quickly with lots of crit. Generally, if its multiple mobs that hit hard ill tele Sword 2 to the central most and Focus 5 then GS5 x2 then GS 3 for aoe blind then either GS 4 or 2 depending on what fields are already down. Back to Sword 3 for chain dmg(unless i know i need it to block projectiles at some point) and Sword 4 for more blind. My utility skills probably differ from yours as well but my utilities are all used on an as needed basis since they stun break>condi cleanse/convert>heal>dps :P

For single target like bosses it’ll be basically the same except ill leave the burning up from GS 5 and ill save my Focus 5 for as needed unless i know i wont need it and wont get hit in which case ill use it on cd for extra dmg.

However, my overall priority is keeping blind up as much as possible so i want to time my skills instead of just plugging away at a rotation mindlessly.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

(edited by Scryeless.1924)