[Elite Suggestion] Fallen Templar

in Guardian

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Keystone 1: allows you to equip dagger into your off-hand and adds corruption abilities. You Virtues gets replaced by Sins.

Dagger4: inscribe a a rune into nearby enemy. These inscribes stacks. When they expire, they get replaced by torment. If max stacks of this rune were reached, then additionally apply confusion.
Dagger5: consume some of your health and immobilize nearby enemies. Gain regeneration if you use this skill when at or bellow X% of your maximum health.

Virtue of Justice gets replaced by Sin of Injustice: apply torment to nearby enemies and knock them towards you. (passive still applies burning)
Virtue of Resolve gets replaced by Sin of Cowardice: inflict fear into nearby enemies and steal some health from them.
Virtue of Courage gets replaced by Sin of Meekness: place a stationary zone where you are standing. Enemies in this zone miss all their attacks.

Healing: Reckless Pride: heal yourself. In addition, consume all boons on you for additional healing.
Utility1: Grim Promise: consume some health and rip up to X boons from your target and replace them with stacks of confusion.
Utility2: Dark Ritual: cripple yourself and place stationary zone in targeted location for X sec. Every time an enemy enters or exits this area, he/she will be stunned for X sec.
Utility3: Blood Oath Shield: consume some of your health and increase your toughness by X for X sec. Also removes X conditions from you.
Utility4: Rotting Field: inflict poison on yourself and place field of poison into targeted area for X sec. Enemies who remain in this area will be infected by poison. Downed enemies will receive double stacks of poison.

Elite: Dawn of the Sinners: drawn all conditions from nearby allies and gain X health per condition drawn. In addition, gain resistance for X sec if you draw at least X number of conditions.

Tier1:
1) Controlled Madness: activating one of your sins (virtues) will apply confusion to nearby enemies and regeneration to nearby allies.
2) Burning Corruption: when you or your spirit weapons applies burning, stack of poison will also by applied.
3) Dark Winter: applying damaging condition have X% chance to chill your target. Your chills will deal X direct damage when applied.

Keystone 2: your ground targetable abilities with duration will lasts 1 sec longer and cleanse cripple from allies with every pulse.

Tier2:
1) Hidden Flame: your any weapon attacks, who don’t inflict burn on their own, will have X% chance to inflict burn.
2) Blazing Greed: your attacks against burning enemies will have +X ferocity.
3) Dark Fortress: gain more vitality from toughness. Gain swiftness and regeneration when you block an attack.

Keystone 3: gain protection every X sec while in combat.

Tier3:
1) Light of Regret: when you apply regeneration or/and protection on nearby ally, you and that ally gain resistance for X sec. (have cd)
2) Night of Corruption: your ground targetable abilities with duration will apply cripple on enemies ever sec. Your cripple will deal condition damage.
3) Dark Reconstruction: your critical strikes increase your precision by +X. This effect stacks.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

(edited by Regon Phoenix.8215)

in Guardian

Posted by: BordeL.1283

BordeL.1283

Honestly, when i look at most of the skills/traits, it makes me think more of a Mallyx Revenant than a worthy elite. Considering a Templar is a holy devout with magical healing and protection, a fallen one should be more about weakening the enemy, (possibly bleeding him out), bringing him to despair, or trying to redeem himself. Not sure about confusion spreading too much.

However, i do like the rune inscription idea. I would focus some abilities on that:

“Rune of Pain” if it gets inscribed on an enemy, he suffers 150% damage from the next 2 physical hits he receives (so spamming auto wouldnt be the best strategy)

“Expiation” AoE damage around the Fallen, very low cooldown, but inscribes a rune on yourself (stackable). When you reach a stack of 5, you get damaged for X damage (so you have to plan carefully when to use your last hit)

I like the idea behind Dagger 5 too, to sacrifice some health for an immob or another use on a skill is peculiar. The heal looks nasty to use, but that’s some good strategic involvement, worth looking into!

edited for typos.

Of course I am french, why do you think i have this outrageous accent? Now go away, or I shall taunt
you a second time!

in Guardian

Regon Phoenix.8215

Wanted to go for a bleed/poison, but torment felt more appropriate for “sinful” type elite. Holy warrior fell to darkness, so it should suffer inside and thus spread the torment and his own suffering/confusion.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Guardian taking on more of a necromancer feel; it’s great thematically opens up many doors for condi options for sure, but like BordeL said, this really just looks like mallyx revenant (as an entire elite spec).

Couple of quick criticisms:

- I dislike the inclusion of spirit weapons. In general I don’t think anyone wants an elite spec that has anything to do with AI, not to mention this would essentially be reusing current content for an elite spec.

- Your tier 3, trait 1 is something that should honestly just be baseline for guardians (or tacked on to the trait in Zeal).

- Not enough love for power based builds here. Not even a lot of support/healing/sustain to take this as a defensive traitline.

in Guardian

Regon Phoenix.8215

Guardian taking on more of a necromancer feel; it’s great thematically opens up many doors for condi options for sure, but like BordeL said, this really just looks like mallyx revenant (as an entire elite spec).

Couple of quick criticisms:

- I dislike the inclusion of spirit weapons. In general I don’t think anyone wants an elite spec that has anything to do with AI, not to mention this would essentially be reusing current content for an elite spec.

- Your tier 3, trait 1 is something that should honestly just be baseline for guardians (or tacked on to the trait in Zeal).

- Not enough love for power based builds here. Not even a lot of support/healing/sustain to take this as a defensive traitline.

Well, i personally would love so see some love for spirit weapons, because they are in very bad position right now.

And i think i added quite some love for power builds:
Tier1 – 3: applying burn or any damaging condition will chill and chill will deal direct damage when applied. Virtues specialization also adds chills to hammer, thus making hammer primary power weapon for this elite specialization.
Tier2: any of these could be used for power builds.
Tier3 – 3: would be very good for power+crit builds.

For support/sustain, i think this might be decent:
Keystone2: makes all your concentrations better.
Tier2 – 3: good for tanking and sustain.
Keystone3: extra protection.
Tier3 – 2: might help, if you took several ground targetable abilities.

We got dragon hunter, who is mainly power-type elite. Getting condition-type elite would be pretty nice.

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

Spirit weapons need a heavy rework, but an elite spec isn’t the place to do that imo.

And so there do seems to be some nice choices for power builds, I’ll give you that

However, there doesn’t seem to be very much in the way of group support.

The sustain isn’t out-standing either. Swiftness on block (lets say it results in perma-swiftness while in combat) is nice but really won’t help us mitigate damage or deal with the classes that are already more mobile than us. The protection while in combat may offer a decent amount of damage mitigation, but that’s only one decent source of sustainability. For the other traits, a bit of extra health won’t do much and none of our ground-targeted skills with duration (traited or not) really provide much sustain to begin with:

Symbols? No. Well, maybe in pve.
Consecrations? No. An extra second onto hallowed ground or sanctuary will do nothing. Consecrations need a bit of a rework imo.

From a PvP perspective: The specialization seems to be lacking in a few areas though. It doesn’t seem like it would be very good at dealing with ranged attacks, heavy condi pressure, or very mobile foes (all of which base guard already has trouble with).

A few additions or tweaks to your specialization idea could solve this though: Add in resistance somewhere. Guardians really need access to this boon. Add in more soft cc that can be applied through defensive means (like, cripple, torment or chill someone when you block an attack). As is, if someone running this spec wasn’t using scepter, they’d have almost no way to stay on top of a moving target that has a couple of condi cleanses. Also consider changing a couple of the utilities to apply more powerful defensive effects (stun breaks, stability, aoe weakness or blind, blocks and aegis).

Lastly: forgot to mention this in my first post but how about an elite skill?!

Edit: it seems you added the elite skill, awesome! If it had a short cd, and resistance was obtainable elsewhere (such as through a trait), then this elite spec would offer decent resistance access.

(edited by Arcaedus.7290)

in Guardian

Regon Phoenix.8215

From a PvP perspective: The specialization seems to be lacking in a few areas though. It doesn’t seem like it would be very good at dealing with ranged attacks, heavy condi pressure, or very mobile foes (all of which base guard already has trouble with).

A few additions or tweaks to your specialization idea could solve this though: Add in resistance somewhere. Guardians really need access to this boon. Add in more soft cc that can be applied through defensive means (like, cripple, torment or chill someone when you block an attack). As is, if someone running this spec wasn’t using scepter, they’d have almost no way to stay on top of a moving target that has a couple of condi cleanses. Also consider changing a couple of the utilities to apply more powerful defensive effects (stun breaks, stability, aoe weakness or blind, blocks and aegis).

Addressed these suggestions, changed some traits, utility abilities and one of the keystones. Now this elite can go either heavy condition damage, heavy direct damage or tank/healer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Seems a bit too necro/mallyx-wannabe to me. If guardians get a condition elite spec at some point, it should probably focus on burning since fire is a primary theme of guardians.

in Guardian

Regon Phoenix.8215

Seems a bit too necro/mallyx-wannabe to me. If guardians get a condition elite spec at some point, it should probably focus on burning since fire is a primary theme of guardians.

But guardian already have burning specs.

in Guardian

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I like the idea of a fallen guardian elite spec. This is the first idea I’ve liked other than the tomes idea.

I also want to see a spirit weapon rework. Arcadeus is 100% right that an elite spec doesn’t have to ability to fix core guardian issues. There just needs to be a major patch for those.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I’m sure the idea is great but your still a guardian, at this rate you might as well make a new idea for an entire new class like a shadow Knight. I have to disagree its way to different for the guardian as a class. I do love the concept of a new form of condi beyond burning and its a great idea but ad I said it just wouldn’t fit.

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

I somewhat disagree with this. I enjoyed burn guard but it’s biggest problem was the fact that you could only ever apply 1 or 2 conditions at a time, so other than catching people by surprise, you aren’t going to get many kills. A condi-focused elite spec that focuses on burning but also brings 2-3 other condis to the table would be very welcome from a build diversity standpoint. Chill, weakness, bleed, vuln and torment could all make sense lore-wise or thematically for guard imo!

in Guardian

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

For elite,there is a simpler way to achieve what you want. Make the elite convert all boons on enemies into conditions and on all conditions on allies into boons, but make the radious 360….so it’s not op like the Wraithguard:P.