Empowering Might: Disfunctional

in Guardian

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Empowering Might
You and nearby allies gain might when you land a critical hit.

Might 40px.png Might: 5 s
Miscellaneous effect.png Number of Targets: 5
Range.png Radius: 240

This seems like a really good trait. Imagine wearing my hammer, land my AA symbol, each doing critical damage against multiple enemies. But it shows not to be working.
Hitting more than one enemy doesn’t give any more effect. Sword 3rd AA in chain doesn’t even give 3x might if you crit 3 times. Is this bugged?

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Maybe you are misinterpreting the way it works from the tooltip? I suppose it is a bit poorly worded.

When it states number of max targets, its referring to the number of allies around who can be granted might from the trait. It also has a 1 second internal cooldown.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Edit: I kitten ed on the cooldown, corrected!

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

It has 1 second cooldown. Would be so amazing to carry pugs or solo dungeons with this if it wouldn’t have that. :<

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

Yea, the 1 second internal cool down really decreases the effectiveness of this trait.. I wish Anet would take away the cool down or make it 2 stacks of might.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

They can’t remove the cooldown due to AH.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I hate it when traits (or talents, or perks, depending on the game) are so good that they drag other traits (etc.) down.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

AH is really powerful but bland and quite cheap at the same time. It’s also arguably the only reason why the staff can be useful in combat.

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Even without AH it’d be downright broken with no ICD. Think of Staff with no-ICD Empowering Might. Potential of 5 stacks of might with every attack in a zerg situation. You’d be able single-handedly maintain 25 stacks of might for yourself and 4 other people indefinitely with nothing more than spamming 1. Much less throwing down Symbol of Swiftness on top of that.

Or Whirling Wrath. That alone would likely get you 25 stacks in a group situation. And between WW’s you’d be able to get a fair bit from AA cleave and Symbol of Wrath.

Hammer and Mace with their near-constant symbols would also pump out obscene amounts of Might in the right situations.

Of course, that’s all assuming crits at all times, which probably isn’t entirely realistic, but even with a 70% crit rate you’d be turning Guardians everywhere into the best Might dispensers in the game, all without the need of fields, utilities, or specific rotations.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Rather than remove the cooldown, it would be cool if they just gave the might a longer duration, like say 10 seconds base. That way, it would still have a slower start in terms of build up (1 stack of might per second), but would eventually be able to build up more stacks of might for the group in a prolonged battle (with superior runes of strength, it would be awesome). This would also keep it from being abused with Altruistic Healing, while still increasing its effectiveness.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

It can be a decent trait on PvE, I use it on my hammer build where the fights are long and without might sharing. Couple the trait with Rune of Strength, Sigil of Strength, maybe Omnomberry Cream for boon duration and magic find, zerker gear and like 5 points in Radiance; you are looking at 17-24 might stacks on yourself and 6-8 might stacks on your allies in long fights. Stack might yourself before combat for maximum efficiency.

in Guardian

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

The trait is decent, but our current might-stacking meta makes it look weak in comparison.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As Ten said above they really should either increase the duration of might applied.

Somewhere between 7-10 seconds would be nice.

They can’t remove the cool down sadly due to altruistic healing. It would be stupidly OP with staff, hammer or greatsword if they did.

in Guardian

Posted by: Machspeedtwo.1342

Machspeedtwo.1342

I think what people are neglecting to mention is the pitiful radius on this skill. 240 is NOTHING for a boon like might. 240 makes sense for boons like protection on Elemental Attunement because protection is a powerful buff and EA has high uptime. This might, however, is a measly 5 seconds. It deserves at LEAST a 360 radius, but 480 or 600 are much more in-line with comparable traits like Phalanx Strength or with other guard utilities like shouts.