2nd page bug fixing

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

"Empowering Wrath 14" Ascended-Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

I have a new PvP video for you guys with some GS/H clips in there!
The link will also be in the main portion of the thread.

With GS/Hammer the only difference in the build is Trait “Writ of Persistence” is traded for “Two-Handed Mastery”

I have a GS/H WvW video in the works for you guys. Hopefully I can have it for you within the week!

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Here’s my 6th video for this build! This is entirely composed of WvW clips. 1080/720p should be available within 10 minutes.

Check out the artist “Logic” at the “Visionary Music Group” YT channel. Never heard of him until yesterday but he is skilled!

The link will also be in the main post.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rabidd.9458

Rabidd.9458

Thanks a lot for the videos and the build!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Thanks a lot for the videos and the build!

Thank You for watching.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sors Immani.8429

Sors Immani.8429

Commenting to leave a paper trail for later implementation

On paper, the build sounds epic. Can’t check vids b/c I’m currently at work.

Been trying to get the guardian into pvp a bit but can’t come up with a build that’s worth a <expletive>.

Homeworld: Dragonbrand—Necro main Sors Immani, leader of Ripple Effect [RE]
aka Thalakos Dralnu, Voxt Umultus, and Jalis Haafingar.
Vulgarity is no substitution for wit.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Commenting to leave a paper trail for later implementation

On paper, the build sounds epic. Can’t check vids b/c I’m currently at work.

Been trying to get the guardian into pvp a bit but can’t come up with a build that’s worth a <expletive>.

Cool, let me know what you think of the build!
Also from now on I will be putting a number in the topic of the thread indicating the latest video available for this build.

in Guardian

Rabidd.9458

The build works awesome for me ! I switched the rune to travelers in a couple of matches and still was able to output a lot of damage.

Any idea when you might post the ascended version of the build?

in Guardian

Sors Immani.8429

Ok, so I took this build into hotjoin last night to finish my Balth track and completely dominated for the most part. Being able to down Svanir or Chieftan in Niflhel before either home gets capped is a big plus.

There were a few times where I was overconfident stupid and charged into a 3v1/4v1 scenario and would get downed pretty quickly, but not before doing serious damage & taking a few opponents with me.

Mesmers, turret engies and MM necros were particularly fun, as a GS 5-4-5-2 combo makes quick work of player and his toys.

Boon-heavy and condi-heavy builds weren’t quite as fun. While the former was dealt with easily enough by brute force, I found myself having issues against condi-heavy builds—Contemplation & Smite Condi simply couldn’t keep up.

I went tit-for-tat with warriors of all kinds. I’m not particularly well-versed in warrior builds outside of hammer stuns, but I can tell you it was those usual builds that gave me issue & there was one sword’n’board/rifle that kept reappearing in a few matches that was really annoying.

Necromancers were, for the most part, easy enough. A small handful would cause issues with DS-Plauge-DS chaining ( I simply could not deal enough damage to kill them and I was dumb enough to keep hammering on them instead of breaking loose).

Thieves were annoying, as ever. However, GS 5-4-2 is usually enough to make them think twice about targeting you: you’re already pumping out the damage, you’re gaining might for every crit you land, making Retaliation hit harder and harder for each time they strike you.

The biggest issue I have is mobility. Judge’s Intervention & Leap of Faith are excellent gap closers, but they aren’t great for trudging across the map. Even so, because of the slow movement and might buildup involved, I’ve dubbed my norn guardian “the Steamroller”.

Now, I will say this: all testing was done in hotjoin, so keep that in mind. In addition, I’ve mained necromancer since beta, with my guardian being a year old and still under level 40 (lol). While I would like to fancy myself a fairly well-rounded pvp-er with GW1 Factions—EoTN (necro & ritualist main) and WoW TBC—Cata (lolpally & spriest main) under my belt ,there’s always a chance that some of the issues I ran into simply involve not being adjusted to a guardian’s playstyle.

Overall, I really like the build!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

The build works awesome for me ! I switched the rune to travelers in a couple of matches and still was able to output a lot of damage.

Any idea when you might post the ascended version of the build?

I have been asked if I planned on doing a video guide. I will show the ascended version in the video.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Ok, so I took this build into hotjoin last night to finish my Balth track and completely dominated for the most part. Being able to down Svanir or Chieftan in Niflhel before either home gets capped is a big plus.

There were a few times where I was overconfident stupid and charged into a 3v1/4v1 scenario and would get downed pretty quickly, but not before doing serious damage & taking a few opponents with me.

Mesmers, turret engies and MM necros were particularly fun, as a GS 5-4-5-2 combo makes quick work of player and his toys.

Boon-heavy and condi-heavy builds weren’t quite as fun. While the former was dealt with easily enough by brute force, I found myself having issues against condi-heavy builds—Contemplation & Smite Condi simply couldn’t keep up.

I went tit-for-tat with warriors of all kinds. I’m not particularly well-versed in warrior builds outside of hammer stuns, but I can tell you it was those usual builds that gave me issue & there was one sword’n’board/rifle that kept reappearing in a few matches that was really annoying.

Necromancers were, for the most part, easy enough. A small handful would cause issues with DS-Plauge-DS chaining ( I simply could not deal enough damage to kill them and I was dumb enough to keep hammering on them instead of breaking loose).

Thieves were annoying, as ever. However, GS 5-4-2 is usually enough to make them think twice about targeting you: you’re already pumping out the damage, you’re gaining might for every crit you land, making Retaliation hit harder and harder for each time they strike you.

The biggest issue I have is mobility. Judge’s Intervention & Leap of Faith are excellent gap closers, but they aren’t great for trudging across the map. Even so, because of the slow movement and might buildup involved, I’ve dubbed my norn guardian “the Steamroller”.

Now, I will say this: all testing was done in hotjoin, so keep that in mind. In addition, I’ve mained necromancer since beta, with my guardian being a year old and still under level 40 (lol). While I would like to fancy myself a fairly well-rounded pvp-er with GW1 Factions—EoTN (necro & ritualist main) and WoW TBC—Cata (lolpally & spriest main) under my belt ,there’s always a chance that some of the issues I ran into simply involve not being adjusted to a guardian’s playstyle.

Overall, I really like the build!

Wow nice to see some detailed feedback. :o Good to see your having fun with the build!

in Guardian

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I ran a similar build but couldn’t figure out how to play it. Thanks for the great tutorial Your spatial awareness and decision making are leagues above my own.

in Guardian

Sors Immani.8429

Took it back to hotjoin last night (because f*** yoloQ & I don’t have any friends to team queue with — literally, empty friendslist & I’m a one-man guild since release)

This go around was much better. While I suffered more overall match defeats, I was able to pretty much carry most teams most of the time to lessen the difference in score: while opponent skill plays into the outcome greatly, 1v1 & 2v1 is no big deal now. 3v1 brings a little bit of difficulty and 4v1, while rare, is doable. What sucks is going against multiple MM/mes who bring all their “buddies” with them— if you figure 5 minions/player & 3 illusions/player, suddenly the 2v1 becomes a 20v1: there’s simply too many targets & the best you can hope for is to cleave through everything and try to bring ’em down with you.

One on one, no class is really of any issue anymore. With Judge Intervention & GS3/5, there’s enough gap closers to stay on top of your target. If they do get away from you, its a matter of weap swapping to M/F, and Focus 4 with Mace3 + Focus5. They’re blinded enough to allow enough time to get Mace2 off, and by the time that happens M3/F5 has expired and you can swap back to GS and stack GS4 on top of the M2.

Condis still give a little bit of problem, but I’ve found it to be more of a l2p issue. After adjusting the timing of Smite Condition & Contemplation of Purity, I’ve found myself suffering less and less from condis (even going as far as to take on a hambow warrior while standing in his fire). Well-timed CoP can make you immune to condition spikes… it becomes more like “I’ma make you—” “wooo! moar boons!”

The crowning achievement last night (aside from hitting r20-lol) was getting called out as a target/having the crosshair placed upon me. Apparently I was doing enough of something right to make everyone of some side want to crowd up on/near me.

The r20 was nice, albeit nowhere near as nice as taking down those double or triple your rank and hitting ’em with the deer (and now dolyak) finisher.

As said before, overall great build. The only issue I have is slow movement speed, but I don’t want to get rid of those delicious strength runes

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Just out of curiosity, ever considered trying out how Purging Flames with a leap/blast instead of Smite Condition would work out with this build?

I don’t do PvP but with this build I was able to take out my friend who does a lot of it, I can only assume how good it would be in the hands of you guys who PvP a lot

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Sors Immani.8429

I can’t vouch for the build’s creator, but after playing it for dozens of hours, I would like to think I have a good idea of how it works.

Smite Condition > Purging Flames in this build simply because it’s a meditation and there are some strong meditation traits in this build. It’s a ~2,700 hp heal, condition remove (with fairly decent prioritizing), and AoE damage burst on a 16-second timer.

Try timing it with a Focus #5 blast (Actual combo I use is Mace #2->Focus #4->Mace #3+Focus #5~delay~>Smite Condi). Can easily 2v1 & 3v1. In hotjoin, 4v1 isn’t particularly easy but it is doable… and f***ing hilarious when it pulls your team ahead because the enemy’s too concerned about fighting you.

(edited by Sors Immani.8429)

in Guardian

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

This has been such a fun and successful build that I have a hard time finding another guardian who isn’t running it. And those duels can last forever lol.

I guess if you know how to manage your blocks, actually if you have MASTERED your blocks, then you really can’t fail with this build. Stack that might yo.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Srry, I was gone for a while. Had net issues then when I got my internet back Tapdatmouse got me playing ArcheAge. lol

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Took it back to hotjoin last night (because f*** yoloQ & I don’t have any friends to team queue with — literally, empty friendslist & I’m a one-man guild since release)

This go around was much better. While I suffered more overall match defeats, I was able to pretty much carry most teams most of the time to lessen the difference in score: while opponent skill plays into the outcome greatly, 1v1 & 2v1 is no big deal now. 3v1 brings a little bit of difficulty and 4v1, while rare, is doable. What sucks is going against multiple MM/mes who bring all their “buddies” with them— if you figure 5 minions/player & 3 illusions/player, suddenly the 2v1 becomes a 20v1: there’s simply too many targets & the best you can hope for is to cleave through everything and try to bring ’em down with you.

One on one, no class is really of any issue anymore. With Judge Intervention & GS3/5, there’s enough gap closers to stay on top of your target. If they do get away from you, its a matter of weap swapping to M/F, and Focus 4 with Mace3 + Focus5. They’re blinded enough to allow enough time to get Mace2 off, and by the time that happens M3/F5 has expired and you can swap back to GS and stack GS4 on top of the M2.

Condis still give a little bit of problem, but I’ve found it to be more of a l2p issue. After adjusting the timing of Smite Condition & Contemplation of Purity, I’ve found myself suffering less and less from condis (even going as far as to take on a hambow warrior while standing in his fire). Well-timed CoP can make you immune to condition spikes… it becomes more like “I’ma make you—” “wooo! moar boons!”

The crowning achievement last night (aside from hitting r20-lol) was getting called out as a target/having the crosshair placed upon me. Apparently I was doing enough of something right to make everyone of some side want to crowd up on/near me.

The r20 was nice, albeit nowhere near as nice as taking down those double or triple your rank and hitting ’em with the deer (and now dolyak) finisher.

As said before, overall great build. The only issue I have is slow movement speed, but I don’t want to get rid of those delicious strength runes

Good to see your really enjoying and mastering the build! >:D

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I ran a similar build but couldn’t figure out how to play it. Thanks for the great tutorial Your spatial awareness and decision making are leagues above my own.

lol yea, sometimes you just gotta be smart. Can’t win every fight with brute force!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Just out of curiosity, ever considered trying out how Purging Flames with a leap/blast instead of Smite Condition would work out with this build?

I don’t do PvP but with this build I was able to take out my friend who does a lot of it, I can only assume how good it would be in the hands of you guys who PvP a lot

Nice, I bet your friends wasn’t expecting that. lol Also it looks like a member of our wonderful community has alrdy answered your question to the best of their abilities.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

This has been such a fun and successful build that I have a hard time finding another guardian who isn’t running it. And those duels can last forever lol.

I guess if you know how to manage your blocks, actually if you have MASTERED your blocks, then you really can’t fail with this build. Stack that might yo.

Wow rlly? I guess I never noticed. Maybe it’s because I don’t PvP as much as I roam in WvW. That’s awesome! lol

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I am still working on the gear for the ascended version of the build (which looks FREAKING INSANE btw!) and trying to get another WvW video out there, but I went to sPvP for a bit and did 2 matches and here is one of those 2 that I managed to record! It’s not much but I didn’t wanna leave u guys in the dark for too long. lol

I didn’t do much in this video. We were losing so I sorta kept coming back to home to defend or recap it. lol

might still be processing higher quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYEggPkI_g&feature=youtu.be

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

Thanks for making this, it’s just what I was looking for! I don’t switch my build out so it’s important to have a balanced build that can do a bit of everything; which this one succeeds in doing. The only thing I changed was swapping out Writ of Exaltation for Superior Aria, and I’m using Retreat for the swiftness as well. I think I also switched out Writ of Persistence for 2h Mastery, but I’d have to double check that.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Here it is, Empowering Wrath 8!

in Guardian

Posted by: Rasalhague.8270

Rasalhague.8270

The most funny thing about those vídeos is that they are cherry picked moments of much higher number of deaths.
Not to mention the vídeo itself shows how easily other professions can get away from the Guardian and resume the fight after they have healed back to full.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

The most funny thing about those vídeos is that they are cherry picked moments of much higher number of deaths.
Not to mention the vídeo itself shows how easily other professions can get away from the Guardian and resume the fight after they have healed back to full.

On the contrary they are moments between the lull in the fighting. why would i show me standing around waiting for some one to come back to home for 2 minutes? You may get wrecked on your guardian all the time but don’t lump every other guardian with yourself. lol What exactly do you think a montage is? Oh well, i guess i gotta satisfy a hater then… if thats even possible. lol

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

I would love to see some more wvw videos, particularly against condition classes. I have tried playing mace with a guardian in wvw but I get kited easily by condition engineers, PU mesmers (sometimes you gotta fight them, like holding a camp), and p/d thieves. Those fights always end up the same way – I’m loaded with conditions while they run around taking pot shots.

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

in Guardian

Rabidd.9458

Sooo… Any word on the ascended version of this build? :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I love this build but admittedly it can not keep up with ALL the conditions in the game. A decent necro and any dps player can kill you pretty fast. So this talk of 2v1ing depends a lot on the classes you face.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I would love to see some more wvw videos, particularly against condition classes. I have tried playing mace with a guardian in wvw but I get kited easily by condition engineers, PU mesmers (sometimes you gotta fight them, like holding a camp), and p/d thieves. Those fights always end up the same way – I’m loaded with conditions while they run around taking pot shots.

I’ll see what I can do! Usually the problem with wvw solo roaming is finding a fight to begin with. lol

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Sooo… Any word on the ascended version of this build? :P

The ascended version will be the 10th video! The 9th is nearing completion as we speak. :p

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I love this build but admittedly it can not keep up with ALL the conditions in the game. A decent necro and any dps player can kill you pretty fast. So this talk of 2v1ing depends a lot on the classes you face.

Conditions will plague just about any class especially guardians. Good players will give you a little trouble period. True, the comp of the enemies your fighting will always come into play depending on your build. A necro + “insert class” usually always promotes some sort of challenge. 1v1 they are pretty easy but if more than just one, necro is usually the first you want to kill. lol

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Empowering Wrath 9!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1gGlESuQU

The 10th Empowering Wrath video will be the ascended release so check back periodically on the forums or my Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQp9h6mRgHc1mOk_BhqgV_w!

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

2 classes that give me the most trouble… Necros in a group… Pro Elementalists, the ones who ae really good. Not really sure how to deal with the Eles.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Doing the finishing touches for the ascended video! ;D

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Ascended version is here!

The ascended version boasts 200 more power, 16% more crit chance, more crit damage and an incredible 600 more armor above the exotic version! It gains even more offensive power and incredible defense! With the more damge than the old build and the armor of a bunker build combined with the vast amount of blocks, blinds and invulnerability this build may soar above any other DPS Meditation build ever created!

There are four different versions to choose from based on what rune set you like. The rune sets covered are:

Rune of the Eagle
Rune of the Traveler
Rune of Speed
Rune of Strength

If you wish to have another rune set covered you can reply to this post or on the ascended video build/guide on Youtube. Just click the link below!

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Cut my hand pretty bad at work Wednesday and had to get stitches on my index finger so it may be a few weeks until I can play again and give you guys more videos.

But at least the ascended version is there for you guys to strive for!

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Tyreal, what do you thing about runes of the pack? it gives 10s fury, might, swiftness – power and a good amount of precision.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Tyreal, what do you thing about runes of the pack? it gives 10s fury, might, swiftness – power and a good amount of precision.

I can’t say I’ve tried it before but it definitely sounds like something I’ll look into! If the #4 procs often it could work really well!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Empowering Wrath 11! Only Solo Queue fights in this video!

in Guardian

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Ran your build for the most part, had some fun with it. Here’s a short video of some of the fights I got. I’ve never really played meditation guardian before, this was a fun build. Thanks.

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

How to deal with the heavy CC engineers? The ones that toss you around like a bean bag.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Ran your build for the most part, had some fun with it. Here’s a short video of some of the fights I got. I’ve never really played meditation guardian before, this was a fun build. Thanks.

I watched your video when you first posted it and it was pretty awesome! Good fights yo! Was going to reply on it when I uploaded this new video but it got corrupted twice!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

How to deal with the heavy CC engineers? The ones that toss you around like a bean bag.

I’ll have to try and find some to fight! lol

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Empowering Wrath 12!!

Some condi duels, 1v1’s and solo roaming!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

EW video 14!

This was not the original EW build in this video. Was testing something new out and I really only had the basic things for the idea of the build. I’m still working out everything and trying to optimize it s much as possible but this was the “rough draft” so to speak. *

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR8dlsApaodDxcI8DNR8AVVAweK/PKX/jjkDA-T1iBABA8AA04iAkz+DZpMjQdAMqEsT1V4SpxdaGi4IAcpKFkCIihRA-w

in Guardian

Posted by: dekland.8029

dekland.8029

Hi! I tested your build for pvp and i think it’s great. Now I’m trying to make the WVW build merging exotic and ascended build, with some modifications , adding more life and using the set of armor that I have now . Might you tell me what you think ? Or what you improve ? Thanks!! http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5dlsApaodDxcI8DNR8QVVAg9U8fV61/wRkDA-T1CEABJ8AAgR9nU2f4JlEOpUIKlISpMSiLCQH6GAUJIAHBgAAHAs8yLv8yLXKgRFGB-w?

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

@Tyreal – few tips (but maybe you know them) dont forget to use all your virtues before using your elite
when moa use #5 to create distance and you can dodge also
swap weapon when you on your enemy face to chill them

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Hi! I tested your build for pvp and i think it’s great. Now I’m trying to make the WVW build merging exotic and ascended build, with some modifications , adding more life and using the set of armor that I have now . Might you tell me what you think ? Or what you improve ? Thanks!! http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5dlsApaodDxcI8DNR8QVVAg9U8fV61/wRkDA-T1CEABJ8AAgR9nU2f4JlEOpUIKlISpMSiLCQH6GAUJIAHBgAAHAs8yLv8yLXKgRFGB-w?

Holy crap, didn’t know some one was actually looking at this thread. :x

And your build looks great! I also have a mix of exotic/ascended armor.