"Empowering Wrath 14" Ascended-Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

ASCENDED VERSION RELEASED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHy8RjNX8sQ

This is a new build I came up with after xferring to a new server. I couldn’t WvW for a while so I decided to go sPvP and this was the result.

The guide is a few posts below

This build utilizes the boon “might” to the extreme. With a combination of might from crits, blocks, weapon swaps you can easily maintain 20+ stacks of might. Some people might say why not just run a “staff”? The thing about staff is that it wastes an entire weapon set for basically the number 4 skill. Getting lower stacks of might and for a much lesser duration coupled with a predictable attack pattern and no defensive skills. However with this build there is no such sacrifice. Not only do you have the DPS to kill any class with any build you have the blocks, invulnerability and the sheer pressure to keep you alive in engagements.

Videos:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzVyBvIqCxc – s/tPvP

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC4nGz9Patg – s/tPvP, Roaming WvW

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPlaw-bxoxU&feature=youtu.be – WvW

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayuQYcU7ZIU – Solo Roaming FT. TapDatMouse(Nhymx)

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfKGbRpFu0Q – sPvP GS/H M/F

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qfmDNPhDw&feature=youtu.be – Roaming WvW

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYEggPkI_g&feature=youtu.be – sPvP 1 random match

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B9IWEieLMQ&feature=youtu.be – sPvP

9. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1gGlESuQU – WvW Roaming/Havok

10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHy8RjNX8sQ&feature=youtu.be
(ASCENDED VERSION VIDEO GUIDE)

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKTulPvMlc&list=UUQp9h6mRgHc1mOk_BhqgV_w – Solo Queue

12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmY09B3wETI – Duels vs condi builds, 1v1s and solo roamng

Despite being a DPS Meditation Berserker build you do not lose in attrition. Being pressured and blocking attacks will yield more might, thus higher DPS. Attacking more and getting crits also yields more might, once again higher DPS. Whether you are on the defensive with Mace/Focus or on the attack with Greatsword you are constantly doing deadly DPS that will kill any build that takes you lightly.

Build links:

WvW:

celestial – http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5dlsApaodDxcI8DNR8AVVAweKb5/X/jgkDA-TVTDABM8EAeT9ieUmxy+DwoCShKBfRFhKuIAnp0AENDwpDAAzMkZagUAjqMC-w

non-celestial- http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5dlsApaodDxcI8DNR8AVVAweKb5/X/jgkDA-TVTDwAMeCA9UmNT9AW7PATFkXqYU5iAcWpBINDw1BAwMjClgkNNRKgRVGB-w

sPvP:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5dlsApaodDxcI8DNR8AVVAweKb5/X/jgkDA-TJRGwAAeCAJuIAg2fAaZAA

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Pain.3480

Lord Pain.3480

U.. R.. Awesome.

Vale X

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

U.. R.. Awesome.

Thank You.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Here’s another video. Just uploaded a few minutes ago.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

“Empowering Wrath” Guardian Build
by: Stella Alamarr

Traits – 2/0/6/6/0

Zeal –
(Fiery Wrath) – Increases damage against burning foes. (10%)
- Simply put, Burning is much used condition in fights. Whther the source is you or your allies this is a much appreciated 10% increase in damage.

Mior traits -

(Zealot’s Speed) – Create a Symbol of Wrath when you are struck while below the health threshold. (50%)
-This trait is quite useful, not only does it do considerable damage but you do not have to activate yourself. It will cast all on it’s own.

Valor-

(Meditation Mastery) – Reduces recharge on meditations. (20%)

(Focused Mind) – Meditations grant fury. (4 secs)
- Used to give you extra Critical Chance to make stacking might that much easier. Keeping your damage at it’s maximum.

(Monk’s Focus) – Using a meditation skill heals you.
- Pretty straight forward, this is your second source of healing.

Minor Traits -

(Valorous Defense) – Gain aegis when you are struck while below the health threshold. (50%, Aegis: 3s)

(Courageous Return) – Virtue of Courage is recharged when you rally.

(Might of the Protector) – Gain might when you block attacks. (1 Stack 15s) 19.5s with our might duration.
- One of the backbones of the build. Guardians have an amazing amount of blocks available to them. Each block will inherently give you more might, thus making you hit even harder.

Honor -

(Writ of Exaltation) – Symbols are larger. (Radius increase: 60)

(Writ of Persistence) – Symbols last longer. (Duration increase: 2 s)
- Symbols are a major source of your damage. They can tick for 2-3k with 25 stacks of might. Which will melt any class that fails to notice them. Writ of Persistence can be switched out for Two-Handed Mastery for more utility from GreatSword. However, it would also nerf your DPS compared to having longer symbols.
(Empowering Might) – You and nearby allies gain might when you land a critical hit. (Might: 5s 6.5s with might duration, Number of Targets: 5, Radius: 240, 1s recharge)
- One of the backbones of the build. With the attack speed of the GreatSword and the large amounts of Symbol ticks, it is quite easy to get to maximum stacks AND maintain maximum stacks with Critical hits alone. The more you stay on the offensive the more damage you do. The pressure continues to build the more aggressive you are.

Minor Traits -

(Vigorous Precision) – Gain vigor when you deliver a critical hit. (Vigor: 5s)

(Selfless Daring) – The end of your dodge roll heals nearby allies. (Healing: 129 (1.0), Number of Targets: 5, Radius: 240)

(Elusive Power) – Deal more damage when your endurance is not full. (10% increase)
-More dodgeing means more damage, but try not to waste them.

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Skills -

Heal (#6) -

(Shelter) – Block attacks while healing.
- I chose Shelter for it’s blocking capabilities. If timed right, can be used to gain maximum stacks of might for an amazing burst of damage that can completely turn a fight around.

Utility (#7-9) -

(Smite Condition) – Cure a condition and damage nearby foes.
More damage if a condition is cured. Damage with no conditions: 207 (0.58)? Damage with condition: 463 (1.31)?
- Can be used for rogue conditions, but mostly used for offensive power and a source of Fury.

(Contemplation of Purity) – Convert the conditions you are suffering from into boons.
-This is used to mainly to deal with condition builds, and occasional healing. Can also be used as a source of Fury.

(Judge’s Intervention) – Teleport to your target and burn nearby foes.

Elite (#0) -

(Renewed Focus) – Recharges virtues.

Weapon -

Greatsword -

1. - (Strike) Strike your foe. Third hit will give might.
    - Powerful and quick. Will crit as high as 3k. THIS SKILL CLEAVES USE IT!
    * CLEAVE – Cleave is an area of effect property that most melee attacks have allowing them to hit up to three nearby enemies in front of the attacker or hitting one opponent more than once with a single swing. *
  2. - (Whirling Wrath) – Spin in place and swing your greatsword while hurling powerful projectiles.
    -A major damage dealer. Will crit as high as 7k. Average is about 3-5k. Try to use around multiple enemies in tandem with Smite Condition for maximum damage and Might Stacking. When fighting Enemies with multiple “minions” such as Necromancers, Mesmers, Spirit Rangers, Thieves or Engineers using turrets this combination will make quick work of them and will prevent your enemy from bursting you and effectively making them defenseless for a short period of time.
  3. - (Leap of Faith) – Leap at your foe. On hit, blind nearby foes.
    - A gap closer. Engager. Escape and if it Crits can do a nice 2-3k damage.
  4. - (Symbol of Wrath) – Pierce the ground with a mystic symbol that damages foes while granting retaliation to allies.
    - I normally place this before I use Binding Blades and Whirling Wrath combo.
  5. - (Binding Blade) – Throw blades at your foes, causing damage over time. Bound foes can be pulled to you. The effect ends when a foe moves out of range.
    - Using thins AFTER placing a Symbol and BEFORE using Whirling Wrath is an effective burst AoE Combo that can amount to over 15k damage in total from Whirling Wrath and symbol ticks. Easily over 20k+ damage if used with various other skills.

Mace -

1. - (Strike) – Strike your foe and heal yourself and nearby allies on third strike.
    -It may be slow but it is extremely powerful. Can crit up to 3k. THIS SKILL CLEAVES USE IT!
  2. - (Symbold of Faith) – Smash a mystic symbol onto the ground that damages foes and regenerates allies.
    - My usual combo, is to pop #5 from Focus while running into or unto a point with enemies timing this skill to land the moment I am in the center. FOllowing up with Mace #3 to get hit, block and explode for bust damage AND to protect my #5 skill so that it explodes for burst damage. A quick 10k+ burst combo.
  3. - (Protector’s Strike) – Surround yourself and nearby allies with a shield. Damage foes that strike protected allies. Grant protection to yourself and nearby allies if you are not struck.
    - Normally used as an offensive skill. Against oppenents with multiple “minions” this skill is great for dealing with them quick and easy. Also nice to use when closing on kiting opponents to finish them off with one good blow.
    Focus -
  4. - (Ray of Judgement) – Pass a ray over foes and allies. Foes are damaged and blinded. Allies gain regeneration and cure one condition.
    - A decent damage dealer. Can be used when an enemy backs off to heal. This skill will nullify all if not half of an enemies heal. Tricky to use, but if used correctly can potentially crit up to 1.5-1.8k with up to 3-4 hits. making it quite effective at that point. It is also ignored by most opponents which makes it all the more deadly.
  5. - (Shield of Wrath) – Create a shield to block the next three attacks. If the shield is not destroyed, it explodes and damages nearby foes.
    - A very good defensive AND offensive skill. Can be used to secure an escape, block a stun or CC attack or to simply annihilate any unfortunate soul in the vicinity with a potential 4-6k AoE burst.

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Gear -

sPvP -

Trinket –
(Berserker Amulet) or (Celestial)
- Do you like full glass or do you like a little bit of tankiness? Both are great choices. I use Berserker.

Runes –
(Rune of Strength)
(1): +25 Power
(2): +10% Might Duration
(3): +50 Power
(4): +15% Might duration; 25% chance when struck to gain Might for 10 seconds(13s with might duration). (Cooldown: 5s)
(5): +100 Power
(6): +20% Might duration; +7% damage while under the effects of Might.
-25% to gain might when foes hit you? Okay. An extra 175 Power? Nice. +30% Might Duration? Pretty cool. +7% Damage while under the effects of Might? Which we will ALWAYS have? AWESOME!

As players have shown concern for “mobility” in WvW for this build I have an alternate fix that will still provide the dps of the original build.******

(Rune of the Traveler)
(1): +8 to All Stats
(2): +5% Boon Duration.png Boon Duration
(3): +12 to All Stats
(4): +10% Boon Duration.png Boon Duration; +10% Condition Duration.png Condition Duration
(5): +16 to All Stats
(6): +25% Movement Speed

- Will give a portion of the orignal Might duration, +36 in all stats as well as the requested +25% movement speed.

Food:
(Bowl of Seaweed Salad)
Nourishment (30m): 60% chance to gain Swiftness (10s) when you kill a foe
+10% damage while moving
+10 Experience from kills.

- The food is where the “fix” comes in. It addresses the problem of losing the +8% damage modifier from the strength runes. By giving +10% damage while moving. It will also give a 60% chance for swiftness upon killing a foe npc or player. This is a mobility fix for GS and M/F while still maintaining mights stacking and high damage. However this fix will not work with Sword mainhand “Zealot’s Defense” skill as the move requires you to stand still to use it. This issue does not exist with GS M/F combo because you can move while using any of this weapon sets skills.

Sigil –
2 (Sigil of Battle)
Gain 3 stacks of might (20 seconds) when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 seconds)
- 3 Stacks of might for 20s(26s with might duration)
2 (Sigil of Strength)
60% Chance on Critical: Gain Might 10 Seconds(13s with Might duration)
(Cooldown: 1 Second)

WvW – Will only list differences from sPvP otherwise it’s the same.

Gear –
Armor -
Head – Celestial or Knights
Shoulders – Celestial or Knights
Chest- Celestial or Knights
Gloves – Berserker
Legs – Celestial or Berserker
Boots – Soldiers or Sentinels or Zealot’s
- I used full exotic pieces. Use the alternative sets listed if you do not have celestial gear.

Trinkets -
Necklace – Ruby Orichalcum with ruby jewel
Earrings – Ruby Orichalcum with ruby jewels
Rings – Azurite Orichalcum with Azurite Jewels or You can use the equivalent of Soldiers.
Backpiece – Ascended Celestial Doesn’t matter too much, use what you have.
Weapons –
Greatsword – Berserker
Mace – Berserker
Focus – Valkyrie Only because that is what I have.

Sigils – You will still use Sigils of Battle/Strength, however I recommend using either Sigil of Bloodlust/Perception for stacking.

Sigil of Bloodlust – Gain a charge of +10 power each time you kill a foe, five if you kill an enemy player. (Max 25 stacks; ends on down.)
- Using Bloodlust will give you an additional 250 Power. In total you should have above 3300 Power equating to over 4300 Attack.

Sigil of Perception – Gain a charge of +10 precision each time you kill a foe, five if you kill an enemy player. (Max 25 stacks; ends on down.)
- Using Perception will increase your base Critical Chance to by 12-13%.

Food -
(Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Soup)
+100 Power
+70 Ferocity
+10 Experience from kills
(Potent Master Maintenance Oil)
+Gain Precision equal to 6% of your toughness
+Gain Precision equal to 4% of your toughness
+10% Experience from kills

If you did not have Celestial gear, use the following to even out and have the same stats.
(Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup)
+100 Precision
+70 Ferocity
+10 Experience from kills
(Potent Superior Sharpening Stone)
+Gain Power equal to 6% of your toughness
+Gain Power equal to 4% of your toughness
+10% Experience from kills

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I cannot take seriously PVP videos where the guy you are fighting sits inside your Symbol of Wrath for the whole duration while taking a WW to the face.

Show clips with more competent players please.

At first you would think that sPVP players are more competent than WvW ones, but after this last patch its no longer the case.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I cannot take seriously PVP videos where the guy you are fighting sits inside your Symbol of Wrath for the whole duration while taking a WW to the face.

At first you would think that sPVP players are more competent than WvW ones, but after this last patch its no longer the case.

It’s not necessarily that they are incompetent that they stand in a symbol. Either they haven’t noticed me just yet, they are rezzing someone, focusing or trying to down an ally. Maybe they are just trying to DPS me down. Binding blades or other CC from allies come into play as well or simply not having endurance to dodge out the way.

However I understand where you are coming from but I can’t just show you videos of competent players. I have to actually fight them first. Most of the clips from the first video was tPvP Team Arena. tPvP is full of either bunkers or glass cannons. Bunkers think they can tank me and get a face full of DPS and glass cannons think they can take me down first so they still get a face full of DPS, so….. yea.

I started off in solo roaming in WvW, after SoR died I didn’t have anyone or anywhere to play with. The guild I was in pretty much died off and split. So I started playing sPvP more.

With that said, I’ll see what I can do? Or if you have time, test it out for yourself. Maybe you have better luck coming across more skilled players. lol

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I hear you,

WvW roaming is plagued by condi engies, thieves and warriors, 3 classes which can either counter you or simply outrun you, so no luck there. Oh ya, the occasional black water Mesmer which everyone ignores and runs by

sPVP has either complete and utter nubs doing it for achi points or the occasional dragon ranked player. Saddly, its a lot more of the former…

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Some players don’t take symbols very seriously and just stand in them, its arrogant.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

wvw roaming is so hard these days with all the condi easy cheesy builds and all the blob who jump on you until you find 1 enemy to fight

@Tyreal can you check my build i post on “power melting guard”
i saw it has the same concept of might stacking with sigil and with some calculate i saw it could do much more dmg even with only 15 stack of might as burning tick longer and higher
but i find it really hard to fight versus pu mesmer and pd thief

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

wvw roaming is so hard these days with all the condi easy cheesy builds and all the blob who jump on you until you find 1 enemy to fight

@Tyreal can you check my build i post on “power melting guard”
i saw it has the same concept of might stacking with sigil and with some calculate i saw it could do much more dmg even with only 15 stack of might as burning tick longer and higher
but i find it really hard to fight versus pu mesmer and pd thief

I have never used a Condition Guardian build or tried to be honest, but I guess I’ll give it a try.

in Guardian

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I know your build is for PvP, but is it ok for PvE or would I get murdered by everything? I have a guard that, at this point, is set up for team support in WvW, but if I decide to do some mapping it would be great to have a build that doesn’t hit like a limp noodle.

Thanks for posting

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I know your build is for PvP, but is it ok for PvE or would I get murdered by everything? I have a guard that, at this point, is set up for team support in WvW, but if I decide to do some mapping it would be great to have a build that doesn’t hit like a limp noodle.

Thanks for posting

The build focuses on Criticals hits and blocks to gain it’s might and superior DPS so I would imagine it would still work for PvE content. Even without the might it can still hit hard like any other Meditation DPS build.

I have the gear set up for PvE/WvW in the guide.

in Guardian

Posted by: MrKip.2914

MrKip.2914

i run this build in pve and was trying to get it to work in pvp,

defintly will check out the sigil/rune setup

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

i run this build in pve and was trying to get it to work in pvp,

defintly will check out the sigil/rune setup

Cool, let me know if you like the build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Great build. I didn’t bother with the Sigils, stuck with energy and fire. And didn’t notice I was running Celestial till after.

But I was plenty tanky and kept 10+ stacks of might pretty easily. I also opted for scepter over mace. Was pretty much top killer every match. Only times I died was when I got out numbered. Good all round build.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

That’s the whole problem with the roaming guardian, even though you might be able to beat 6/8 other classes consistently the moment you get 1v2ed you will die with no way of escape.

All these builds are nice and all but none of this solves the core issue, which is our mobility and escape options

in Guardian

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

That’s the whole problem with the roaming guardian, even though you might be able to beat 6/8 other classes consistently the moment you get 1v2ed you will die with no way of escape.

All these builds are nice and all but none of this solves the core issue, which is our mobility and escape options

Yeah… this build is nice and all but it’s still a tough sell asking me to give up travelers for those might stacking runes. Our mobility sucks enough as it is.

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

The selling point of the build is not the Runes of Strength to be honest. It’s the Empowering Might, Might of the Protector traits and the Sigils of Battle and Strength that make the build. The Runes just complimented the build even more. Rune of Strength only gives one stack of might for 10 seconds with a 25% chance of activating on being hit with a 5 second cooldown. It’s perfectly feasible to use other runes and still stack the might you need. The major difference is a little less power from the Runes and 20% less might duration. It may make maintaining the might a bit harder but it is still possible.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

Good build, as some stated, mobility can be an issue but since you have the GS you don’t completely lose it. I tried the travelers runes but in the end I didn’t feel the need for the little extra speed at the cost of the extra might/duration. This build is very effective for bursting and jumping into a battle for quick aoe/cleave dmg which can quickly turn the tables in your teams direction. One change I did though was I used sword/focus instead of mace because this build is susceptible to kiting and having 2 teleports along with Leap of faith kind of makes up for it not to mention if you are going against ranged then you still get the 3s block from Zealot’s defense.

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Honestly it is the runes you could go alternate with hoelbrak.

+45% might duration and 7% damage pretty much all the time isn’t a small thing. There would be no reason to run strength sigils or battle if you didn’t run the runes because air/fire or force would get you better Dps. They still get you better Dps even with strength runes but I see you are going with a might stacking theme.

Air can put out 1400+ damage with good power and modifiers. You need a lot of consistent might to keep up with that extra damage. I think your underestimating how important strength runes are to your build.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Guardian

Hachiman.2470

+45% might duration and 7% damage pretty much all the time isn’t a small thing. There would be no reason to run strength sigils or battle if you didn’t run the runes because air/fire or force would get you better Dps. They still get you better Dps even with strength runes but I see you are going with a might stacking theme.

Air can put out 1400+ damage with good power and modifiers. You need a lot of consistent might to keep up with that extra damage. I think your underestimating how important strength runes are to your build.

So are you saying hoelbrak with air/fire would be better dps?

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So are you saying hoelbrak with air/fire would be better dps?

Not necessarily just that the Runes of Strength are a large part of his build and the results would be less dps if he used another rune set with battle/strength sigils because of the 7% modifier from Strength.

He would get more damage with air/fire and strength because they benefit from power and damage modifiers where might is just flat power.

You can run this with hoelbrak but you don’t have the modifier so it would be less damage I would go hoelbrak with Force+Air or Fire. If you where to take Hoelbrak w/ air/force vs his build till using strength sigil+battle the damage is probably pretty close.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Guardian

Hachiman.2470

Cool, I might try the air/fire strength and see if it puts out more burst. Thanks for the info!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I completely forgot about the +7% while under the effects of might. You’re right. lol
Like someone else said, if mobility is the problem run GS, sword/focus.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I tried this build in TPVP and I was very disappointed in the might stacks. I just dont see the sustained fighting needing to get the might stacks in the 15-20 range which imo is what would be needed for it to put out really nice damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Well guards are in the same water as necros with that…. so…… good luck getting that changed in the way you see fit.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I tried this build in TPVP and I was very disappointed in the might stacks. I just dont see the sustained fighting needing to get the might stacks in the 15-20 range which imo is what would be needed for it to put out really nice damage.

idk what to say, i have no problems getting might stacks in t/sPvP. Could be an error on your part. :<

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I can finally WvW after the reset since I xferred to a new server last week. WIll be uploading some footage from last night of strictly roaming encounters in a few minutes.

Here’s the new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPlaw-bxoxU&feature=youtu.be

Not the best footage but it’s okay i guess. Will put the link in the main post as well.

(edited by Tyreal.5230)

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

as wvw player i tried to find group build which can maintain the high dmg from meditation build but also could handle blob/zerg with high armor
after testing variant of your build while roaming i notice rarely i maintain +20 stack of might. average was +15.
also as you melee mainly enemies who run is hard to catch
so i decide to go with scepter/focus
gs. also i manage to get 1-2k AA attacks depending on armor lvl and protection with hybrid build (will glad if you check it out “power-melting” guardian)

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

UPDATE***

For people concerned about “mobility”. I believe I have found a fix.

Switch “Runes of Strength” for “Runes of the Traveler” and use “Bowl of Seaweed Salad”.

Runes of the traveler will give the extra +25% movement speed as well as a portion of the old might duration. The food is used to substitute the old +8% modifier while under effects of might from the strength runes. Th food will give you +10% damage while moving. This is a mobility fix for GS and M/F while still maintaining mights stacking and high damage. However this fix will not work with Sword mainhand “Zealot’s Defense” skill as the move requires you to stand still to use it.

With that said, if mobility does not bother you, you can still run the new food stated above for insane dps with the strength runes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Travelers feels like a must on Guardian.. I hate having to stand in staff 3 to gain full duration of swiftness. -.-

in Guardian

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

I love using travelers, I don’t notice a significant dps loss and with GS can dis-engage quite well in sPvP with the help of (non-target) leap and blocks.

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

in Guardian

Posted by: Zayth.5164

Zayth.5164

Could this work in pve effectively? In terms of damage and all that.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Could this work in pve effectively? In terms of damage and all that.

Yes, it can.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Here is a brand new Solo Roaming video for this build starring Nhymx!

in Guardian

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I like this build.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I like this build.

Cool! Glad you like it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eucalyptus.9784

Eucalyptus.9784

I’ve got a few questions about this build/Guardians in general.

I play a Mesmer as my main. I have since basically beta, and I do enjoy it, but I’m looking for something different to keep me interested in the game. I play a Hybrid PU Build right now, and use a Greatsword because I just got the Legendary Sunrise. So I’m looking for something new, that uses a Greatsword as it’s main weapon. I’m trying to avoid Warrior because it looks boring/easy, and I don’t think Ranger is a very good choice to main Greatsword… (maybe I’m wrong? Anyone know?)

Anyways, this build looks like a LOT of fun, and it looks to be very durable/tanky. I’m wondering a few things:

1) Do you find the lack of Ranged attacks make you useless in WvW/PvP situations when people run? What sort of “gap closers” do you have besides GS3?

2) Where does a Guardian / this build get all the boons from in your videos? This might be a newbie question, not that familiar with Guardians, but I see you always have really good upkeep of boons, which I like.

3) Is this power based mostly, or does the build play like a hybrid as well, focusing on conditions too?

Any huge weaknesses/drawbacks to the build?

I really like the idea of it, but I find on my Guardian now (It’s only 20…) I have almost no access to swiftness, can’t catch people if they run, and feels very clunky. I presume this is just because I’m level 20 but… any insight into the class/build is appreciated.

Thanks!
Great videos.

Hybrid PU Clone Spam Build – Chaos Clones

in Guardian

Posted by: seanshine.8791

seanshine.8791

I play a Mesmer as my main. I have since basically beta, and I do enjoy it, but I’m looking for something different to keep me interested in the game. I play a Hybrid PU Build right now, and use a Greatsword because I just got the Legendary Sunrise. So I’m looking for something new, that uses a Greatsword as it’s main weapon. I’m trying to avoid Warrior because it looks boring/easy, and I don’t think Ranger is a very good choice to main Greatsword… (maybe I’m wrong? Anyone know?)

Anyways, this build looks like a LOT of fun, and it looks to be very durable/tanky. I’m wondering a few things:

1) Do you find the lack of Ranged attacks make you useless in WvW/PvP situations when people run? What sort of “gap closers” do you have besides GS3?

2) Where does a Guardian / this build get all the boons from in your videos? This might be a newbie question, not that familiar with Guardians, but I see you always have really good upkeep of boons, which I like.

3) Is this power based mostly, or does the build play like a hybrid as well, focusing on conditions too?

I really like the idea of it, but I find on my Guardian now (It’s only 20…) I have almost no access to swiftness, can’t catch people if they run, and feels very clunky. I presume this is just because I’m level 20 but… any insight into the class/build is appreciated.

Thanks!
Great videos.

So I tried this build for the past week and it’s pretty strong. I’m still pretty new at guard also so timing the right time to use virtue of justice or knowing when you have the passive effect of aegis on is still throwing me off. Since this build lacks any stability, you have to time the blocks right.

To answer some of your questions.

1) I’ve only pvped with it but so far range isn’t an issue. I would imagine it would be much more troublesome in wvw. If you watch his roaming vids he does gs#5 and then instant cast the teleport. Then he pulls and gs#2 to burst down the enemy usually before they can run away.

2) Boons come from one of the utility skills which cures conditions and provides like 5 or 6 boons.

3) This is pure power. The only condi is from burns and stacks of retaliation.

in Guardian

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Sup breh. It’s Clint from UV. I had a feeling you recorded that awful mess when I fought you. I haven’t played in about 2 months :-/. Next time victory will be mine!

in Guardian

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Try swapping the minor III symbol size trait in honour for retal on aegis removal; it’s a really underrated trait.

Phaatonn, London UK

in Guardian

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I’m excited about trying this build. Will let you know!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Thanks!
Great videos.

Seems like your questions were already answered. ^^

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Sup breh. It’s Clint from UV. I had a feeling you recorded that awful mess when I fought you. I haven’t played in about 2 months :-/. Next time victory will be mine!

Never would have known exactly who it was but thanks for the enlightenment. :p

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Try swapping the minor III symbol size trait in honour for retal on aegis removal; it’s a really underrated trait.

Maybe I’ll try it out later when I log in.

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

I’m excited about trying this build. Will let you know!

Cool, hope you enjoy it!

in Guardian

Tyreal.5230

Also, I am currently in the process of creating a new upgraded ascended version of the build. With not only an improvement of current stats but significant changes to certain stats to promote variety with sigils and food. Increase maximum DPS to make those extremely high numbers more consistent and an increase in survivability. I do not have the gear to test it out yet, but another goal is to eliminate any celestial gear from the new version of the build for obvious, absurd time gated reasons. The stats are looking awesome so far but I will just need to test it out for you guys.