Entropy vs Genesis for WvW?

in Guardian

Posted by: Legionnaire.1586

Legionnaire.1586

Hey guys, so ill be running a GS/Hammer build for a tanky guardian whose not afraid to do dmg. My gear is comprised of Knights with soldier runes and zerker trinkets as well as a zerker GS. In you opinion, whats more viable in WvW, Entropy or Genesis? Plus which do you think looks better :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

In terms of stats doesn’t matter at all since what you want is the skin and then you will use transmute to get the ones you want.

In terms of looks and coolnes I love both (I think that the skins are the better ones for hammers, including Juggernaut) and I have both: Entropy in a Guardian called “Fvlgrim” which uses purple and gold as main colors along Entropy, the Sword of Lord Taeres, Anomaly and some other purple-themed items and a Warrior called “Vuhlkan” which uses Genesis along a green/gold armor with other weapons with golden particle effects (trying to fit the looks of the two WH 40K primarchs).

Between both of them I think that Genesis is slighly cooler, but by a narrow marging. At the end is all about the primary colors of your character: use Entropy if you will wear gear in dark tones and choose Genesis if you will use white/clear/angelical ones.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

I have Genesis and honestly think it is the best looking hammer in GW2. The colours fit the Guardian ethos much better than Entropy IMO. Its a shame that the legendary hammer doesn’t even look like hammer but more like a staff . . . missed a chance to do something really exceptional there.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I think that It really depends on your theme and color composition of your set. I also have both, 2 genesis on my guard and one entropy on my war. All sets of my guard have a gold color theme, so it really combines with him. I use khrysaor as my GS.

Attachments:

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

in Guardian

Posted by: Legionnaire.1586

Legionnaire.1586

I think that It really depends on your theme and color composition of your set. I also have both, 2 genesis on my guard and one entropy on my war. All sets of my guard have a gold color theme, so it really combines with him. I use khrysaor as my GS.

On your guardians (this is a question to everyone else as well), do you have Genesis equipped with the base stats or you transmuted the stats into something else (if so what?).

in Guardian

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

On your guardians (this is a question to everyone else as well), do you have Genesis equipped with the base stats or you transmuted the stats into something else (if so what?).

My Genesis is Transmuted…
Used the original stats for a while, though I changed it to Soldier’s stats since it seems to bring more benefit the purpose I’m using it for

For OP:
Personally I like Genesis better, it’s a matter of personal preference, there’s no better or worse here

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Genesis fits the Guardian theme better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Entropy was my pick, and I love it! I don’t care for the ‘Guardian = traditional paladin’ supposition that much (given races especially), and I love purple… so that was my foremost picks for skin. I’ve not yet transmuted it but I am considering.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

My greatsword of choice is Vision of the Mists, and Entropy is a great compliment for it. I’m running it with berserker stats (no idea if that is the weapon’s default or not).

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Hi! I transmute both – no reason to have 2 weapons with the same status =P. One I transmuted to Berserker and the other to Zealot (a specific build to WvW that I tried and liked). I’m not a big fan of Cavalier status =P

Sorry for my english.