Equip suggestion from the Veterans !

in Guardian

Posted by: mjalkar.5284

mjalkar.5284

Hello guys i’m stuck with a dilemma and need advice from the guardian veterans out there.

I play a shout / boon based guardian, either 10 Radiance / 30 Honor / 30 Virtues or 10 Radiance / 30 Valor / 30 honor actually sporting a full exotic cleric of the soldier set with beryl trinkets & sapphire upgrades (costantly switching weapon sets and traits).

I’m now working on my karma in WvWvW / Orr and i can’t decide which one of the temple/god set I should take.

I’m planning to use Boon Duration runes, and i can’t really see what kind of stats should i look into for being efficient with such build due to our low hp pool .. any suggestions for a confused guardian ?

(edited by mjalkar.5284)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

I am planning on using Cleric set with Rune of Earth for the high uptime of protection, while running a 10 Valor/30 Honor/30 Virtues trait. Of course the low hp pool means conditions may be a problem, so I use Purity, Pure of Voice, and Absolute Resolution for removal.

in Guardian

mjalkar.5284

I am planning on using Cleric set with Rune of Earth for the high uptime of protection, while running a 10 Valor/30 Honor/30 Virtues trait. Of course the low hp pool means conditions may be a problem, so I use Purity, Pure of Voice, and Absolute Resolution for removal.

Yeah i use beryl jewels (hp power critical damage) for offsetting the low hp. Now i’m at ~18k hp and not having all those issues in WvWvW but yet again i’m using 6/6 superior rune of the soldier so my shout cleanse 2 conditions and turns one into a random boon. Not having a rough time and having a blast right now.

But i don’t know which Orrian set to take eheh .. the precision vitality healing power seems a good choice but it has low power and low toughness while the power vitality toughness set lacks in healing power

in Guardian

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

Traits: 0/0/30/30/10
Armor: full exotic Knight’s (tough/power/prec)
Runes: still trying to decide between dolyaks and soldiers… leaning toward dolyak right now
Weapons: all berserkers (power/prec/crit dmg)
Acc: goal is all exotic Knight’s here too

I run the trait that gives 5% of toughness to precision.

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

in Guardian

Posted by: Izzi.5368

Izzi.5368

I run a 0/20/0/30/20 build

I have fallen in love with the trait in Honor, when you crit apply might to those around you. Honor’s Adept trait also rewards crits with vigor.

For Wv3 I run clerics set with 3 runes of water getting me 75 healing and +15% boon duration and 3 runes of the grove for another 75 healing and +15% protection duration.

I’m planning on going with the orr set that gives toughness, condition damage, and precision. Apply a full set of Rune of Hoelbrak, I plan on using crits and the hoelbrak set to apply might to me along with activating virtue of justice for another 3 stacks of might, all the might will make up for the power I don’t have normally. Since I’m able to crit more often i’m also dodging more often thus healing through the adept and master Honor traits. I don’t get much health but the toughness of the set offsets that a bit and so does having 30 Honor which is 3k health + healing on dodges.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Dunno i alredy try that sets but im better with condition build, actually i like it more.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

While I’m still beginning to get my knight’s stuff together, I’ve been wondering about running a Grenth rune for the chill with a hammer. If you run a meditation build with the hammer, and the ice sigil (for freeze on switch), you could keep an enemy frozen for a decent amount of time:

Engage, switch weapons—> ~3s (30s cd, right?)
Crit with hammer—> 4s (45cd)
Use healing skill—> 3s (10s cd), AoE effect
Get hit—> 3s (5% chance, 30s cd)
Switch back to other set—> ~3s

The rune also gives condition damage and chill duration +20%, so I think if you ran a 0/20/30/30/0 or 0/10/30/30/10 build, you could keep up a lot of conditions and run support or pure offense if need be. Also, anyone tried out building the staff for crits? Could run a shout build with it, so nearby allies convert conditions to boons, and whenever you crit against the zerg you’ll keep building up the power of your own force.

in Guardian

mjalkar.5284

Thank you all for the in-depth replies.

Guess i’ll go with something like this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUAQJARSlYgyCXFSKEf4ESOjVCBtPQQYPwI4rjA

with full knight exotic, emerald trinkets + emerald upgrades and 6/6 rune of the soldier.

Healing Power will not be that hight but all in all direct healing is not the purpose of this build.