Expanding Guardian

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

How would you want to expand the guardian class?

What should be buffed so that an entire new viable build is made? What is that entire new build you envision?

Spirit Weapon build- Spirit weapon cooldown starts right when summoned instead of disappearing. I really really want to play a SW build so bad. But when SW lost its immunity to attacks, SW build lost its viable status in all forms of gameplay.

Condi Guardian- Radiant Retaliation needs something more added than turning Retal into condi. Right now, it is a trait that decreases the guard’s power instead of increasing it.

Condi Guardian Master of burning- Permeating Wrath will now have a 1200 range. It consistently spreads burning everywhere. Also, burning needs to scale better with condi gear.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I still kinda want a Rifle…

“Come on, hit me!”

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I had this dumb idea for a while, new master trait in radiance:
“You’re immune to conditions and unblockable attacks. Your maximum hp is now 1. You deal 50% more damage.”

Totally unbalanced, but that would make pve even better than now. All hail active defense.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

^ Try the new living story, at some point you get a debuff that reduces your maximum health to 1, thus you solely have to deflect the attacks with active defenses while the debuff is on you. For achievement purposes, I think Guardian may be the best candidate for replaying that story.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

oxtred.7658

Oh yeah, but the boss is easy as duck so that doesn’t count.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I would expand it with an additional concept that would be much more self focused. Heck, I could even imagine that it would diminish or deplete other people’s powers to enhance their own.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Rexxaro.6109

Rexxaro.6109

What should be buffed so that an entire new viable build is made? What is that entire new build you envision?

Spirit Weapon build- Spirit weapon cooldown starts right when summoned instead of disappearing. I really really want to play a SW build so bad. But when SW lost its immunity to attacks, SW build lost its viable status in all forms of gameplay.

Condi Guardian- Radiant Retaliation needs something more added than turning Retal into condi. Right now, it is a trait that decreases the guard’s power instead of increasing it.

Condi Guardian Master of burning- Permeating Wrath will now have a 1200 range. It consistently spreads burning everywhere. Also, burning needs to scale better with condi gear.

Or they could just make SW scale from power.

Decreases the guardians power? You’re doing it wrong than.

Lmao so godmode fire? 1300+ Burning ticks are plenty

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

“You’re immune to conditions and unblockable attacks. Your maximum hp is now 1. You deal 50% more damage.”

Totally unbalanced, but that would make pve even better than now. All hail active defense.

You know what’s funny? If it were only immune to conditions and unblockable attacks, you’d get downed in 1 hit still since condition attacks have base damage still :P

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Spirit Weapons – they need to survive. End of story. ATM they die too quickly in certain game modes. I see no particular reason why a Spirit Ranger can have his up 90% of the time and we cannot or a Necro have up his minions nearly 100% of the time and we cannot. Why are turrets so much harder to destroy?

Condi Guardian – we need more conditions i sugget traits, bleed on crit, 50% per pulse symbols add a cripple… also need to consolidate into 2 lines by moving GM traits… atm you need 6 in 3 different lines to burn optimally…

The biggest and easiest change they could make for us would be to give us some new offhands and improve our current ones: eg Warhorn, improve torch, improve shield, sword. I think this would add more playstyles and options without grossly overpowering us.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

oxtred.7658

You know what’s funny? If it were only immune to conditions and unblockable attacks, you’d get downed in 1 hit still since condition attacks have base damage still :P

The point is to not getting hit in the first place.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Impossible with all the AoE xD and homing or auto connect AA’s :P

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

^Impossible alone but with 4 more guardians in party Aegis and Blind flies left and right. I casually slot Unscathed Contender when I see another guardian in party.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

I’d prefer they reduce (cooldown) and improve overall effectiveness of certain slot 4 and 5 skills. The focus 5 skill is great, but the shield skills are totally ‘meh’, with way too long cooldowns… I love hammer on Guardian and I really like the slot 5 skill, but it’s cooldown, even with 2-handed mastery trait, is still really long for something that is easily dodged…
Torch is fun though, too bad for long cooldowns as well >_>

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

oxtred.7658

Impossible with all the AoE xD and homing or auto connect AA’s :P

“It’s impossible, thus It’s fun.” said a wise man.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

mastertrait: hellfire – 1 stack of 8s bleed, torment, confusion on every burn stack application. no CD.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Why not give trait to increase speed of hammer third swing by 20% plus 5% more dmg as a grandmaster trait or something like giving 5# skill 20% less cd plus 20% more duration ( or make it a consecration)

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

mastertrait: hellfire – 1 stack of 8s bleed, torment, confusion on every burn stack application. no CD.

Would be horribly OP.

Granted I think they could easily add/change 1 or 2 of the existing traits to add torment & confusion to the guardian kitten nal in a balanced way.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Why not give trait to increase speed of hammer third swing by 20% plus 5% more dmg as a grandmaster trait or something like giving 5# skill 20% less cd plus 20% more duration ( or make it a consecration)

Really they could speed up the hammer rather easily in a better way.

Simply reduce the swing time to 3/4 sec for the last AA attack, then take 1 pulse off of the hammer & reduce the damage per pulse of protection slightly.

This would keep the damage the same over all while making the hammer allot more fun to use due to faster AA

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Base HP pool at 15k

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Gemenai.3807

Gemenai.3807

Swapping third attack of mace chain with 2 of mace so it kind of works like a hammer.

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Base HP pool at 15k

I dunno, I feel like that would make me virtually unkillable.

“Come on, hit me!”

Expanding Guardian

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

I want Zealous Blade to be a %10 damage increase for two handed weapons. You know, something that is actually non trivial for Greatsword users and an option for Hammer users (as Major trait) aside from Writ of Persistence.