FOTM Guardian (build setup)

in Guardian

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Hello there me again here asking for some advice to veteran FOTM players.

lately i fell in love (again ) with my Fem Norn Guardian she is not only incredible but the proffesion itself is really good.

ive been thinking lately in running some fractals im still a newbie since my Main (war) is only at lvl 8 at most and to be honest since FOTM lvl is soulbinded im still thinking wich one i should bring there first (probably later i will make them even in fotm lvls)

i know this is mostly a guardian forum but i was thinking of using a zerker warrior and since everyone also uses a zerker warrior why not use a demanded proffesion and one that brings a lot of utility into fractals. (mostly PUGs)

ATM im full PVT

GS-berserker (mystic one i still dont know if i should use soldier GS in fractals)

and Staff (lousy just for buffing)
i wont mention traits since im here asking for one that will work mostly for the whole path till 50.

also wich build ( i made a huge investment in PVT but if necessary another kind of gear ill work toward it).

thanks for reading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

PVT is okay for you to learn with but eventually you will want to gradually replace your gear with berserker’s because in higher level fotm mobs’ health pools get higher and higher and hit hard enough that tanky stats stop helping you.

random staff for empowered is fine
GS is good for pulling the mobs together, I prefer hammer for group wide protection but that is my personal preference.

As for which build, it depends on who you play with. If you have a static group with an ele who is willing to use lightning hammers than a consecration build will do wonders because they can keep blasting your fire fields.
If pugging you probably want to use more shouts instead, something like:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7;4NFF40M3sF-90;9;4JE-9O16-5;31;058-5;0F;2udbTudbTn-FW0-R7;31061B2E3M4R5230C-2i;5cW5PcW5P;9;9;9;9;0k0;4Ek3h

swap WoR to purging flames when you don’t need projectile reflections (water and cliffside fractal)

Oceanic [LOD]