Faithful Strike

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Faithful_Strike Mace skill*
Does its healing benefit from healing power ? Does any one know its formula ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Any answer ? its formula ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Yes it benefits from healing power.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Yeah, the formula is 15+((Level^2) x 0.05)+(Healing x 0.18)

So for example a Level 80 guardian with 1000 points in healing would heal for:
15+320+180=515

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Guilhermezz.2601

Guilhermezz.2601

Does this formula will be in the final test? lol

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Time to update the wiki!

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Laxuar.3504

Laxuar.3504

why don’t you say the damage formula too?

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Why doesn’t this game have extended tool tips that show the proper formulas?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

Why doesn’t this game have extended tool tips that show the proper formulas?

dev post here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Traits-missing-vital-informations-in-tooltips-to-make-informed-decisions/first#post488684

I understand the frustrations that come with inaccurate descriptions. I’ve worked a lot on the skill “fact” system to bring it up to a good point, but I know there is more we can do. This includes making all buffs, upgrades, sigils, and traits affect skill tooltip numbers (some already do), adding additional skill facts based on traits, as well as adding the same or similar “fact” system to trait descriptions.

There are a couple reasons why trait/skill descriptions aren’t as accurate as they could be. They were constantly changing up until ship for balance and polish. This means some of the descriptions are just out of date. Also, each time a number is changed within the text, it needs to get localized again. This means it’s more efficient to make them a little more vague to lessen the localization cost and protect ourselves if that number needs to change again. That’s why skills have “facts” instead of baking the numbers into the descriptions. The last reason it’s difficult to keep skills and traits accurate is because of technical and time limitations. Our skills are complicated, and it takes designers a lot of time to make sure the numerous parts are correct. Sometimes we don’t even have the ability to make the facts accurate (summon’s damage was a tricky one).

I’m personally very passionate about skill descriptions. We know there are improvements that can be made and I’ll push to get time to revisit them because, well, I just like them

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

15+320+180=515

@ 1533 healing is what i runned in the past wich heal 610, not worth IMO.

Tks for the formula.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Roxtar.6487

Roxtar.6487

15+320+180=515

would you consider listing the formulas for damage and healing from our weapons (even if it might, and probably will, change in subsequent patches)? It would really help get some concrete answers as to the effectiveness of healing power compared to say precision or condition damage. At the moment only anecdotal accounts have really surfaced, and many shun the idea of healing power in any form without much evidence other than “it didn’t increase healing enough.”

(edited by Roxtar.6487)

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Deifact.3095

Deifact.3095

Doesn’t it ruin some of the mystery of the game to just be given the formulas?
Some people take great pleasure in the thorough testing, theory crafting and debate that evolves from the desire to min/max skills and builds.

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

Well some people suffer in ignorance because they don’t do that, and having the calculation handy helps – especially for those a little to quick on the trigger when buying gear.

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

15+320+180=515

I thought anet was in some kind of Ice law game against posting on the guardian forums :o

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

15+320+180=515

Tks for the formula.

But the 2nd mace symbol will heals very much if u get +symbol duration

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

15+320+180=515

Tks for the formula.

Though I used to run much higher Healing Power, I agree that tons of Healing Power does help the symbol shine, even if just at a minor rate. Every bit counts, especially if you add that healing with Regen and Virtue of Resolve (+Altruistic Healing in some builds, and very possibly, Writ of the Merciful, which works well with the mace symbol.)

I would say it’s not necessary at all to run 1,800+ HP, but there are benefits from doing so, if that’s what you enjoy. Nowadays I run from 900+ to around 1400-1500 HP, depending on weapon choice and build (I have Sigil of Life on a few of my weapons.) Note too that Selfless Daring heals for a lot if you have absurd amounts of Healing Power.

Is it worth to sacrifice a bit of offense/defense for such a high Healing Power build? Up to the player (many dislike it, and that’s OK too as long as they respect other players’ choice to invest in it). What I don’t like is ZERO healing power, as I would not feel comfortable running only 300 HP from Honor (though it works for many, many players, it’s part of my character’s concept to have at least some decent HP, which again, is very much a personal choice.)

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

550-650 is where I’ve found my happy medium. I’m still dodge healing for around 750.

Problem is, to do any kind of real damage, you’re going to sacrafice something for that healing and i’ve found it’s Toughness… which SUCKS to have to sacrifice.

With full Healing gear, 13-14k HP is not enough in WvW if you are going into the thick of things… you will not stand an organized groups continued Focus Fire w/o your entire group helping you with Direct Heals (not boons) to counter the burst…. mainly because many organized groups have those damn messmers which with thier clones/phantams can keep you dazed & confused for DAYS…. and if that’s not enough, they’ll rip your stability right from under you, just before the stack it.

Lately, when considering a support / dps build, i’ve been looking at area’s that ‘mitigate damage’ rather than heal through it.

That’s the only way to truely survive a focus fire w/o Direct Healing, which isn’t to say not have high healing (because 900+healing w/ dodge roll is a w e s o m e ) in your gear…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Though I used to run much higher Healing Power, I agree that tons of Healing Power does help the symbol shine, even if just at a minor rate. Every bit counts, especially if you add that healing with Regen and Virtue of Resolve (+Altruistic Healing in some builds, and very possibly, Writ of the Merciful, which works well with the mace symbol.)

I have tested and calculated the healing from both Writ of Merciful and Writ of Persistence , I found that Writ of Persistence gives more healing ( if u are using faithful strike ) than Writ of Merciful does.

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Nemosis.5794

Nemosis.5794

15+320+180=515

Tks for the formula.

Also if you get the trait that all symbols heal… you get extra heal ticks from it as well as its ticks from regen.

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

15+320+180=515

Tks for the formula.

Also if you get the trait that all symbols heal… you get extra heal ticks from it as well as its ticks from regen.

Ah yes i know used to solo/pseudo tank almost all champions in Arah(its the only hard things we can find there lol), my hp regen plus blocks on the rigth time allowed to recover the 14k hp pretty fast, but thats only for pve, since now i only do W v W healing is not a viable option, its an viable illusion.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

1000 Healing Power nets 180 hp heal….that seems extremely meager to me. That formula is just for Faithful Strike, but the “HealPwr x 0.18” is a constant for skills that heal afaik. I guess it can add up for Guardians, since we have so many heal abilities. But it seems really meager for other professions without so many heal abilities. Just me?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)