"Feel my wrath" - 1st impressions

in Guardian

Posted by: I I.7359

I I.7359

To me it is interesting but if feels laggy. The 1/4 cast time is just an added nuisance.

any comments welcome.

thanks

Fizzy Bubbler

in Guardian

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I thought this was a pretty great skill on first impressions.

We just did a Lv50 fractal with four people (yeah, yeah, i know, not a massive test of skill, but we were just messing around with new builds), and this shout was making short work of every mob, and bosses HP just vanished with it. The short cooldown of 24 seconds when traited makes it a ridiculously strong skill to use in most scenarios since it’s always ready for the next mob, or for a second or third cast for boss fights.

I really like it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

PvE wise it will probably be the elite of choice as it combos well with the shout trait. For pvp that cast time is never going to feel nice.

Battlelord Taeres

in Guardian

Posted by: Swordplay.8392

Swordplay.8392

You cannot use it underwater.

:(

in Guardian

Posted by: Koorii.6752

Koorii.6752

….Is anyone else belching every time they use the new shout?

Edit: After doing some testing with my friends and my other guardian characters, it seems like I’m only hearing a belch noise every time I use this shout on my Charr Guardian.

It sounds just like the sound from belcher’s bluff. o_O

Tarnished Coast | [TALE]

(edited by Koorii.6752)

in Guardian

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

This is quite possibly the most broken elite in the game. With 3 guardians you can have perma fury from just this, and with 5 guardians perma quickness. It’s like a mini time warp that’s up for every single fight, so the duration barely matters.

That said, I could not be happier with it on my bar and I hope it doesn’t get nerfed in 2 days.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dominus.4153

Dominus.4153

It’s actually can be very useful in PvP. 5 seconds of quickness on that short of a cooldown is great. You need the right group setup with at least 2 or 3 high burst classes.

I’m still trying to work out the best build to use it. So far, I would say an offensive shout support build seems strong.

Valor: focus mastery, communal defenses, and altruistic healing
Honor: protective reviver, pure of heart, pure of voice
Virtues: unscathed contender, absolute resolution, indomitable courage

Celestial amulet, staff and scepter/focus

Shelter or Healing Breeze, 3 shouts, and Feel My Wrath.

in Guardian

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Yea i take it back the cast time isnt too bad but the issue I am not facing is that you kind of need some communication to make good use of it. Random quickness isnt helpful unless allies sort of expect and time their burst with it. It will probably show up in team play but I am really skeptical of its usefulness in solo queue

Battlelord Taeres

in Guardian

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

….Is anyone else belching every time they use the new shout?

Edit: After doing some testing with my friends and my other guardian characters, it seems like I’m only hearing a belch noise every time I use this shout on my Charr Guardian.

It sounds just like the sound from belcher’s bluff. o_O

Yup. It looks to be an awesome skill, but I’m not gonna be able to use it without giggling. I’m sure it’s a bug.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

our zerg had 10+ seconds of quickness on every fort champ and vet last night in eotm. not to mention the 4 minutes of swiftness and almost 2 minutes of fury we had stacked up…

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

This elite is so good they could nerf the cooldown to 45 seconds it would still be awesome. Running Staff/Greatsword in PvP/WvW and it’s just absolutely perfect. Love it.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

in Guardian

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I too am loving it. Although I am kinda sad they removed the Tomes skills. But so far, this makes things much better. I am using mace/shield and this helps tremendously! Mace, although it hits like a truck, is super slow. Speeding up the attack speed by 50% is almost must.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

My only complaint is it needs a voice over for it (though this might be a bug or something)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

So…. Spirit Weapons with Fury and Quickness? :D

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

1/5 uptime when traited is op in my eyes, but hey, its not my game and not my job to balance. :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

It’s also very handy for stacking up those 10k/sec burn conditions – Guardian’s generally short burn duration procs really benefit from quickness

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

This is quite possibly the most broken elite in the game. With 3 guardians you can have perma fury from just this, and with 5 guardians perma quickness. It’s like a mini time warp that’s up for every single fight, so the duration barely matters.

That said, I could not be happier with it on my bar and I hope it doesn’t get nerfed in 2 days.

Yesterday roaming with my Guardian in WvW I went to get a supply camp and another Guardian was there too… we destroyed the mobs in seconds. Then a third Guardian appeared and we ran together for a while… we destroyed everything that came across us.

I am quite sure they will nerf this skill, probably they will change the cooldown.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in Guardian

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

It’s a better Time Warp: 1/2 of the Quickness for only 1/6 of the recharge.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Guardian

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

I like it. It’s perfect for shout guard since it’s first more offensive shout, but I have one issue with it… the icon doesn’t fit to other shout icons

in Guardian

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

the elite shout and signet are both really nice. Personally I almost never use the tomes and felt that guardians prior to this basically had only 1 elite. Now we actually have options.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

I really liked those Guardian tome skills and used them a bunch. Too bad. Guardian was my favorite class until this overhaul and my only 80. Not sure what I will do now.

Sadly, compared to GW1, nobody in GW2 has very many choices as far as skills go. Especially elite skills.

in Guardian

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

I love it in WvW! Also now that Mace got a little buff from that mace Trait, using the shout with Mace yields some pretty nice damage, and having a like 6s cooldown on the Mace 2 skill for a 3s regen is also really nice.

in Guardian

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

And I hope it does, and even removed from the game. Wvw is crap right now.

in Guardian

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

And here I was worried guards would be obsolete after the update; so silly.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

It is borderline op. A-net conveniently forgets what they found op at one point (high uptime quickness) and then re-introduces it again. Not that I am complaining.

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

is it just me, or do only charr like, belch instead of saying “feel my wrath”?

like, really? belching? wtf? I don’t need more wildstar in my guild wars =P

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

As strong as it is, I hope it stays it its current iteration. I used to always take RF(I still sort of do) but this makes for a very strong contender.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

To me it is interesting but if feels laggy. The 1/4 cast time is just an added nuisance.

any comments welcome.

thanks

i tough it was caused by server lag, but yeah i have the same impression u need to keep pressing it by one or two seconds befores skill is casted.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

It is borderline op. A-net conveniently forgets what they found op at one point (high uptime quickness) and then re-introduces it again. Not that I am complaining.

You are complaining. I could smell someone got bitter because he couldn’t even see the initial animation to kite away and got spinned to death by a guaridan.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

is it just me, or do only charr like, belch instead of saying “feel my wrath”?

like, really? belching? wtf? I don’t need more wildstar in my guild wars =P

I’ve heard my Norn Guardian shout “This is my wrath!” once when I used FMV, so they do have a voice over for the skill but is rarely heard (I’m positive now that this is a bug)

Unrelated note: They took the time to get new voice overs for shouts but still nothing for “Hold the Line!”?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

My guard’s actually belching and shouting “Feel my wrath” (in a not-terribly-wrathful voice, I might add) simultaneously.

Also, I hear the “belch” from other players, because a few of us were standing around testing “Feel My Belch” after last night’s patch to see if it’s still there. Funny!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

You are complaining. I could smell someone got bitter because he couldn’t even see the initial animation to kite away and got spinned to death by a guaridan.

Nice try dude but I probably have 10-15k matches on Guardians across multiple accounts. That has been my main class 90% of the time since I first stepped into pvp two and a half years ago. A-net has nerfed quickness abilities before in the past just pointing that out I believe Rangers at one point got a pretty hard quickness nerf. With Judges Intervention a skillfull guardian will have no problem landing attacks with quickness never mind if you stack a couple of them we could be talking 10-15 seconds of quickness good luck avoiding all of that. Again though nice try. Unlike most people on these boards if you were to friend me you would see me in game on a Guardian when I appear online.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in Guardian

Posted by: Valkyrie.1794

Valkyrie.1794

The cast time is a little odd for me, I’m not quite use to cast times on shouts, but I’ll adjust. I never used the old Tome of Wrath, and the only time I used Tome of Courage was an emergency heal for siege carriers in VW. I am absolutely in LOVE with the change to Wrath and Courage. 3 viable guardian elite skills? Is they sky falling?!? Are pigs flapping around the clouds? What is going on?!?

On a more serious note, I wouldn’t be surprised if it say some “balancing” in the future. I think a slight cooldown increase would be fair enough. This elite and the overhaul of traits (symbols, yes pls) is making me consider leaving my thief to main guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I think its a great trait, but the cool down needs a serious look. Cool down needs to go up to 90 seconds to be on par with time warp in cool down time/second of quickness. 30 seconds is waaaay too short.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I think its a great trait, but the cool down needs a serious look. Cool down needs to go up to 90 seconds to be on par with time warp in cool down time/second of quickness. 30 seconds is waaaay too short.

time warp also slows enemies, giving it something this skill does not. we should remove that from time warp, to be on par w/ this for effects/skills used

in Guardian

Xstein.2187

If you took time warp, gave it the furry of feel my wrath instead of slowness, dropped its cool down to 60 seconds instead of 180 seconds, and let it get effected by cool down buffs like feel my wrath does then I would take it over the current time warp in less than a second. In fact if you substituted it for the fury of feel my wrath, kept the no benefit from cool down buffs rule the same, and reduced the cool down to 60 seconds then I would still take it over time warp in less than a second. On the other hand, if we kept the no buff rule the same, dropped out the slowness, didn’t even give it the furry, dropped the cool down down to 60 seconds, I would STILL take it in less than a second over the current time warp. The reality is the cool down of feel my wrath is waaaay to short.

(edited by Xstein.2187)

in Guardian

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Just stop. We finally have a decent shout with a good effect on a short cd. Yet you want it to go up? Lmao wtf kitten are u smoking. Its the only or main reason us guardians are even viable at the TOP level. So pls stop.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Xstein.2187

Sorry lilz, I didn’t mean to upset you, or anyone for that matter. I am very happy that guardians got a good elite. I am just personally upset. TW was one of the mesmers best skills. I personally believe it was one of the only reasons mesmer was even allowed in many of the types of dungeons. Just look on metabattle. Even without the shout, guardian was meta in a team while mes was not.
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Team:Team_-_Traditional_S/F_LH
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Team:Team_-_Phalanx_Strength
I am NOT saying that guardians should not have a good elite shout. I am just saying it should be REMOTELY comparable to the other classes.
It has a 200% faster cool down than tw per second of quickness. Even if they increased the the cool down 100% you guys would still be meta, especially since feel my wrath can benefit from skill cool down reductions. Just look at the other skills in other classes (all of these are personal and don’t provide quickness to the rest of the team, however, they are not elite skills)
Frenzy-60 sec cool down for 6 sec of quickness.
Elixir U-50 sec cool down for 6 sec quickness
Quickening Zep-60 sec cool down for 6 sec quickness
Haste-60 sec cool down for 6 sec quickness.
Having the cool down go up to 60 sec will not kill the class or kick it out of meta one bit. It still benefits the whole team, earning its spot as an elite, it would benefit from cool down buffs, and it would still have a 66.67% FASTER cool down than only viable pvp elite skill of the mesmer (which would still not be fair). Therefore, it would roughly be 66.67% better than the next best elite of its kind in the game. How could you say this would still not be a good elite? How would you feel, if tomorrow the thief got your same elite skill with a 10 sec cool down? Or instead, they gave it a boost the opposite way, a team boost that did 15 sec of quickness with a 30 sec cool down? Do you currently think, as of this day, a team would take a mesmer and a guardian, or do you think they would take two guardians in most dungeons? Most people don’t see it yet cause the patch is so new, but the obvious answer is 2 guardians cause they have an elite skill that is 200% faster based on what it gives while they still have decent dps and give the group protection.

p.s just had to comeback and write, 90 sec cool down brings it on par with tw, and your saying this would make it a bad trait? I take HUGE offense to this. Here guardians have been complaining that they have no good elite skills. However, when the thought is proposed for giving you an elite skill thats on par with the mesmer’s top pve elite skill (one of the main skills they are known for), you say its not good enough? I know not all guardians agree with this but, for those who do, how feakin egotistical and aragant can you be. What, the best mesmer elite skills aren’t good enough to be called a good elite skill for the guardian?

(edited by Xstein.2187)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

First impression was that I love it. I think the CD is just perfect and the elite can be useful in more than 1 build variants. Finally Shout Guards are better than shout wars, utility wise. Wars still do nore damage are are nore mobile but that’s my persobal opinion.

Second impression? I switched back to Renewed Focus because of all the bursts in pvp. I don’t need my virtues recharged per say, but I feel the invulnerability and overall extra sustains is needed to counter certain plays.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Just stop. We finally have a decent shout with a good effect on a short cd. Yet you want it to go up? Lmao wtf kitten are u smoking. Its the only or main reason us guardians are even viable at the TOP level. So pls stop.

Guardians have been “viable” for as long as I can remember. The FMW addition just adds on top of an already sought after class.

Now no one is saying the skill needs to get nerfed to the ground, but you can’t seriously expect anet to leave it at 30 seconds cd (24 traited) in its current form. Up the cd to 60 seconds and things should be fine.

in Guardian

Xstein.2187

90 sec cool down and not letting it benefit from buffs is VERY considerate and nice to the guardian as usual. The two traits would be equal.
Making it Over a 90 sec cool down and not letting it benefit from buffs to make up for the mesmer not having as much dps and supported protection makes the classes look more equal and fair. It also helps the game look more balanced in general.
Making it over a 90 sec cool down, not letting it benefit from the buffs, and nerfing the guardian dps is reasonably justified to help make up for all those years the guardian was op to the mesmer. The reality is the guardian and warrior were op from the start and didn’t really need new elite skills. They didn’t need to boost further ahead of the other classes in pve. Sure its fun to those who play it, but there was no balance. I know Anet will never choose the last option that is reasonably justified because they don’t want to upset their precious guardians. However, when you put emotions aside and look at the numbers for the two classes for pve (as it should be), the guardian elite skill should have much longer cool down per second of quickness than the mesmer elite. Once again, this is simply due to the fact that guardians have better dps and protective abilities for the group. With all honesty, it should just go back to tome of wrath. The larger differences between the classes is why many think the cool down should go up to 120 sec

p.s. If you think running up the cool down to above 90 sec would make it a bad shout compared to the warrior, then you need to worry about the warriors shouts being too powerful, not your skills being too weak. The warrior was also way to op in pve.

(edited by Xstein.2187)