Fighting a necro tips?

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

Only just got into pvp.

I do okay against most things but the one class I can nearly never beat is the necromancer.

Any pro tips for fighting these guys?

They seem to soak up so much damage.

Running the generic Gs/scepter and focus medi build from meta battle.

Maybe for mesmer also?

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kadavra.2045

Kadavra.2045

I’m no expert of spotting weaknesses against specific enemies nor palying with guardian but i have a guardian as main and i find it helpful to do these when i have to deal with a necro:

1) Avoid 1v 1 (esp as medi guard)
2) juke when they are in shroud and make them waste their shroud if you can
3) totally avo?d when they are leech or lych whatever cuz that hurt big time or totally go frenzy using all defensive cooldowns when they are in that form since they eat loads of damage as leech.
4)wait until they are out of shroud and pop retaliation and boons go apekitten on them.

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

use smite condition

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

From my personal experience playing as a classic mediguard few months before HoT, I found necros to be one of the most enjoyable enemies to fight.
1. It is good to peel them a bit from the distance with scepter before going in melee
2. If they pop shroud, kite it around the corners and save smite condi and other stunbreaks for when you get feared.
3. Mediguard is squishy but our meditations heal us + with smiter’s boon we deal extra damage on using smite condi and heal as a part of dps rotation.
(Now I run hambow mediguard and instead of purification/shelter I run LoW due to damage from trueshot and AoE from hammer stacking for some sweet heals).
So medig vs necro is a 50/50 due to our squishiness but necro with all those condi, fuels our abilities to do more damage and give us boons (CoP spell).
4. Stay away from their staff AoE cause it hurts yo nuts pretty hard.
5. It is good to cast binding blade right before teleporting to them as you get a clear CC when opening on them in melee (if timed right, you can prevent necro from using shroud when he is low on health).

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Only just got into pvp.

I do okay against most things but the one class I can nearly never beat is the necromancer.

Maybe for mesmer also?

An equally skilled reaper will DESTROY you 1v1. Do not bother trying to hold a cap vs a necro. You will die in about 10 seconds,

People suggesting stuff in this thread are either amber division or simply never pvped once the expansion hit. The reaper right now is probably the strongest duelist up there with chronos, revs and druids.

Guardian is trash tier in both spvp and pve currently. On my reaper with less than 30h into it I crush guards without breaking a sweat. The easiest match up right now.

I would strongly suggest you not to bother with this class and try something else

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

See here, that’s the wrong mindset for most of the people:
“Muh this one build can do good with other class, but not with this two classes, dang! How do i make my build perfect!?”

Hello, meaning NECRO counter your CURRENT build, this is what you called BALANCE.
Why dont you try other build instead? BURN GUARD? xD

Well, here’s my 2 cents, just blown everything you got into Necro face when you FIRSTLY saw him, to stop him from gaining Life Force. Your current build can never out-sustain a skilled Necro.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

See here, that’s the wrong mindset for most of the people:
“Muh this one build can do good with other class, but not with this two classes, dang! How do i make my build perfect!?”

Hello, meaning NECRO counter your CURRENT build, this is what you called BALANCE.
Why dont you try other build instead? BURN GUARD? xD

Well, here’s my 2 cents, just blown everything you got into Necro face when you FIRSTLY saw him, to stop him from gaining Life Force. Your current build can never out-sustain a skilled Necro.

Till they transfer all those stacks back at you

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

An equally skilled reaper will DESTROY you 1v1. Do not bother trying to hold a cap vs a necro. You will die in about 10 seconds,

People suggesting stuff in this thread are either amber division or simply never pvped once the expansion hit. The reaper right now is probably the strongest duelist up there with chronos, revs and druids.

Guardian is trash tier in both spvp and pve currently. On my reaper with less than 30h into it I crush guards without breaking a sweat. The easiest match up right now.

I would strongly suggest you not to bother with this class and try something else

Huh… here I must agree. During beta I loved to fight reapers as a mediguard becuase ppl didn’t run away and didn’t know how to play a reaper properly but now classic mediguard gets butt-stabbed all the way if it goes into 1v1 without any intervention from other players before and during a fight.
This is why that custom build of mine is quite effective against reapers due to huge ammount of CC and longbow damage peeling them and forcing to waste their shroud before it is fully charged. But it is only worth it if you aggresively initiate the fight because otherwise the reaper gains advantage.
I have tons of fun fighting those predictable necros that pop shroud at 1% hp becuase spear pull interrupts that but it is like almost sheer luck to pull (pun intended) this out.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Are there any answers here yet? I just rage quit WvW because it is so infested with nothing but mesmers and necros who have no problem with my biggest swings at them.

Do I need to put my guard on the shelf and concentrate on another class? And what class dominates necros and mesmers?

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Stalefish.7615

Stalefish.7615

Pressure Pressure Pressure, if they get to free cast you it is over. If you start the fight on range remember that their marks are unblock-able and usually very predictable, so these you should dodge.

When marks are gone you pop shield of courage and they suddenly have nothing accept their daze which you can stunbreak or just wait out. Anything they do in Shroud is meaningless cause you will block it all. This is the time where you jump in and start pulling and dropping a trap.

Against necro renewed focus is a must. I play this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARTnsABddilDBWDB8DhlEi6aZDgEQ+5n+sPb/+vAE-TZBHABi/EAI4CAo2+DOVGAgDBAA

wings of resolve x2 and LB 5 you lock with, and then whirl. U save one block shield for shroud and 1 to start pressure with.

You counter corrupt boon with wins of resolve, you cleanse and immobilize them, then you can pressure pressure pressure.

This helps me beat 90% of necros i face 1v1 as DH, HOWEVER when both play perfectly the reaper should win. It is stronger hands down and if he knows all of this and acts accordingly and saves marks etc you shouldnt win. However very few reapers are capable enough to do that.

My build is not at all dependent on GS, you can swap to sword focus of course its just that i like GS for funsies.

Hope this not very structured post helps. Also Contemplation of purity is in my opinion inferior to smite condition or a pressure trap against reapers.

Also use marauder amulet preferably vs reapers. Do note the sigils! I have no idea why everyone do not run this just listen:

Every time you switch to LB, you get a near instant always critical True Shot…
If in longbow, you Wing of resolve to immobilise, Then you quickness whirl with chill blast on switch.

Really strong burst to put pressure, leaves much less room for opponents reaction time which greatly increases hit rate against better players.

(edited by Stalefish.7615)

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I’m using this, but requires DH (albeit only one trap):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATRnsABlDhVdCeDB8DhlEiCbDeuy8aZDgEQe5j+sH-TpBBAByXGgjDBQR7PAwFAovHAwGHBAA

Low armor, high base HP, high crit chance and moderate to high damage. Three blocks (F3, Shelter, elite), thee pulls (F1, gs #5, lb #1,2,3 with Heavy Light each 10 seconds), multiple sources of healing (Shelter, 3 meds, F2…). Some keys in my fights against Reapers/Necros:

• Necros/Reapers aren’t very fast paced; when I defend a point I usually start to hit them at range with lb auto while they approach. Sometimes I use F3 to null their pockes just at the beguining; oftenly I throw lb #5 at max range due they have poor access to stability and lack gap closers -plus, in some maps the path to the nodes is very predictable-.
  • Is mandatory to avoid their wells asap, never fight a Necro inside their AoE attacks; always remember that you don’t need to stay all time over a point to keep it protected; as long as you contest the point is very easy to keep it -at least- neutral.
  • Preventing a decap against their class is very hard but preventing them to capture the point is easy due Heavy Light pushing effect each ten seconds and our Spear of Justice and Binding Blade pulls. At range, between the combination of F3 and Deflecting Shoot is easy to make a dent on their main HP bar before they are able to hurt us significatively. When I keep a point my Test of Faith trap is always latent in the area; I try to force them to cross the trap as a barrier. I never waste my trap if the one in the floor is still unlocked. The cripple from the trap helps to keep the Reaper at range; the sigil of generosity + the high crit chance helps to deal with conditions without spending our valuable but limited active cleanses. Remember that lb #4 not only can start a fire usefull to guard the center of the capture point but also lets you combo with lb #1, 2, 3 to get extra condition cleanses.
  • Once at close range the Reaper will try to burst us and recover some life entering in their shroud; those skills are powerfull but they are still very vulnerable to cc in that phase. The use of our blocks (Shelter, elite), blinds (F1, gs #3) and evades (including F2 to stay away and recover some health at key moments will exhaust their resources. This will always be a battle of attrition due you can’t simply “burst” a class with two health bars, so you must be patient, erode slowly their hp and be conservative using your skills (specially your cleanses) to win. Reapers had a large HP, but their sustain is weak and they can’t easily recover that health once is lost.

That’s all. Try to fight most of the time at range, and use the greatsword just to take advantage from the #3, #5 or a short burst with #2; stay in longbow most of the time. Knockbacks are your friends.

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Run a build with Resolve trait, contemplation, and smite on heal. Since you are a Dragonhunter with cc you should destroy them. I haven’t lost to a necro in a que yet. You just need to put the Condi clear into your build

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Necro can be beaten as a meditation DH. The method I found most successful was to spend most of your time in longbow, and kite the necro. Hit with as many powerful blows as possible (LB 2 and 3, Test of Faith, traited F2 leap, smite condi) to force the necro out of utilities/shroud. When you feel you have an advantage, capitalize on it by bursting with greatsword. If you don’t like using greatsword, using x/focus as a defensive option if you exhaust all of your utilities.

Otherwise, you’re not going to fight a good reaper on point 1v1 and win.

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Only just got into pvp.

Maybe for mesmer also?

Lol what really?

L2P because equally skilled DH shouldnt lose to a reaper.

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

Only just got into pvp.

Maybe for mesmer also?

Yeah you lost all credability when u said guardian is trash tier in spvp, they arnt the strongest but nor the worst..

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

-snip-

>calls people out for being ambers

>says chrono is one of the best duelists.

We playing the same game, m8?

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

-snip-

>calls people out for being ambers

>says chrono is one of the best duelists.

We playing the same game, m8?

Was posted a month ago prior to chrono nerfs.. Still wasn’t really true but yeah

On topic after the change to smite necros are easy so you shouldn’t have problems anymore unless they’re assaulting your point. I suggest not engaging them until they get on the point in that Case

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Fighting a necro tips?

in Guardian

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

maintain strong offensive pressure and manage your condis.

I’ve been playing DH over scrapper (a class I have significantly more skill and time on) just because it beast necros so easily, and that was the only class that gave me trouble. marauders meditation DH with just the heal trap and test of faith is ruthless and can beat anything provided you can pressure and manage cooldowns.

seriously. I have zero fear on DH and every time I die is a goof of mine or a failure of my team.

PS- run double smite condi and air/gen on longbow.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)