Firebrand: Please change Imbued Haste stats

in Guardian

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Firebrand has a Minor trait you cannot remove: Imbued Haste, which restricts build diversity and complicates tanking in raids.

Gain increased attributes while affected by quickness.

Condition Damage: 250
Healing Power: 250
Toughness: 250

The problem is that it increases Toughness instead of Vitality.

Guardians will not be able to freely use many of the Healing stat combos besides Magi, since it increases increases toughness by a whopping 250. The consequence of this is being unable to use Cleric’s Gear (ascended trinkets without LS3), or Minstrel’s gear (for boon duration builds), since it puts us miles above the Chrono in similar gear.

My suggestion is simple: Change Toughness toughness to Vitality.

Hopefully this is fixed before launch.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

AGREED!!!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

This is actually an interesting point since raid bosses agro scales from toughness, effectively making firebrands the new “tanks”. While the trait itself would normally be ridiculously good, it also puts us into a certain mold. While I wouldn’t mind playing tank role in raids with my FB, I can see why people would dislike this.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Being set as the tank is not to huge of an issue with the current raids except for Xera really. With needing to get everyone in front of you in order to apply aegis with the heal, and therefore get quickness on them, it is easier if you are in front of the boss and everyone else is behind it. Otherwise you have to do awkward positioning in order to hit everyone, if you can even get everyone. Xera is the only real annoyance for tanking because Guardian does not have a good skill to block her blurred frenzy, shelter works but then you give up the heal for quickness that you so need.

Honestly it makes sense forcing the Guardian to be the tank because there were always supposed to be, and a lot of traits now have some scaling with toughness since the update. I can understand the complaint about not being able to use clerics trinkets as easily but the Firebrand will probably be sitting in Seraph’s gear so 1250 toughness total just increased survivability and shouldn’t pull ago.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

On one hand, I agree. On the other, firebrand can play tank just by having this trait and the shield trait, without any gear investment.

I get what you are saying about gear limitations, but you can use Magis with Cleric trinkets, and have Seraph is better than Minstrel for bon duration.

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

How great is it that a clothy is the tank in gw,

in Guardian

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

I LIKE IT. Make the firebrand the guardian tank/off-tank people have been waiting for. With their regular access to protection, aegis, and spot heals, it could be a really fun playstyle.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Personally I never gave a kitten about guardians tanking.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Firebrand has a Minor trait you cannot remove: Imbued Haste, which restricts build diversity and complicates tanking in raids.

Gain increased attributes while affected by quickness.

Condition Damage: 250
Healing Power: 250
Toughness: 250

The problem is that it increases Toughness instead of Vitality.

Guardians will not be able to freely use many of the Healing stat combos besides Magi, since it increases increases toughness by a whopping 250. The consequence of this is being unable to use Cleric’s Gear (ascended trinkets without LS3), or Minstrel’s gear (for boon duration builds), since it puts us miles above the Chrono in similar gear.

My suggestion is simple: Change Toughness toughness to Vitality.

Hopefully this is fixed before launch.

Don’t forget Zealot’s

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

GW1 had Elementalist “tank” builds that focused on earth, and then there were the 55 Monk builds and all that jazz. There’s no need to get stuck with the mentality that armor class means anything when armor value is what’s important.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

As great as a half-naked monk in loin cloth. Light armored classes were always tanks in the Guild Wars franchise.

Back in GW1, the Assassin (“Thief”) was the preliminary tank for group content.

in Guardian

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

It’ll easy to work around the toughness in a raid environment since the tank can just throw on more toughness.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Well there you have it
Guilds are a PvE thing and the armor IS for show

in Guardian

Posted by: Lagos.6938

Lagos.6938

I’d prefer if it stayed toughness (letting us have cool tank builds) and seeing a new, viable +heal set without +toughness.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Pow, Hpow, Prec, Condi is a stat that can be seen during the demo. Sounds like a pretty decent option for a few healer types.

Fishsticks