Firebrand's Axe thoughts.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

The condition duration of axe is such a joke though, 2s seconds of bleeding on auto, when warrior sword does 8s and has a trait that increases it by 20%.

The difference is that warrior has bleeds as main condi and for FB it is a cover condi. FB does not need more bleeds.

Comparing apples and pears.

It’s not a cover condi, it’s part of its dps. Plus, warrior has plenty of burn with Berzerker.

Guardian, on the other hand had its VoJ cut in half.

The swords main condition for a war is bleeds. Guardian has a second (primary) tied to the axe, Why should we compare the war sword and the guardian axe?

Building a condi FB will never ever focus on having huge stacks of bleeding and balthazar runes will still be the way to go in any game mode. In pve it bleeds will be minor and in pvp and wvw it is a cover condi, nothing more.

Its apples and pears.

And the axe’s main condi is bleeding, so what’s your point?

So you think bleeding will be main condi in FB equipped with an axe. Is that how i should interpret your post?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

The condition duration of axe is such a joke though, 2s seconds of bleeding on auto, when warrior sword does 8s and has a trait that increases it by 20%.

The difference is that warrior has bleeds as main condi and for FB it is a cover condi. FB does not need more bleeds.

It’s not a cover condi, it’s part of its dps. Plus, warrior has plenty of burn with Berzerker.

what do you mean with VoJ cut in half??? The passive burning from Tome of Justice is 541 for 1 1/2 while voJ does the same dmg but with 4s. Isn´t ToJ better because it provides more dmg in a shorter period of time ??

ToJ: 360,67 dmg per second
VoJ: 135,24 dmg per second

another advantage is that you don´t have as much time to cleanse it.

All burning does the same base dps per stack, you see a bigger number on the tooltip because of traits and condi damage gear.

It’s also not 1.5, it’s 1s, half of what it is now. 1.5 must be the pvp version.

WHAT? And I thougth it could be bad on a 1.5 sec. Then would be no reason to use with Permeating Wrath. 50% nerf is just too much. From what we saw, I don’t believe that Firebrand will be self suficient as condi build without passive VoJ, even more considering the insane cast time on axe #2.

At least, only 2 more days to test it out. Every new thing I dicover I lose interest on Firebrand (And I really like Burning Guard)

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: momophily.3814

momophily.3814

The bleed is a cover condi from the perspective of condition clear mechanics or in a pvp setting. The downfall of burn guard in pvp was the reliance on only one condi, having 2 or more means you will have a greater chance of the harder hitting condi not beimg cleared. From a non-pvp perspective, the concept of a cover condi is pointless in most fights as the vast majority of npc opponents don’t clear. Therrfore in pve, a second condi is simply more dps. My perspective is that a condi FB will focus on either burn or bleed and the other will be a bonus / cover in pvp. In pve it is simply more dps potential, and a welcome addition… you guys realy do need to define the game mode you basing you point in. Open world, fractals, raids, spvp, and wvw are all very different and drasticly change how you utilize most abilities

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

The swords main condition for a war is bleeds. Guardian has a second (primary) tied to the axe, Why should we compare the war sword and the guardian axe?

Building a condi FB will never ever focus on having huge stacks of bleeding and balthazar runes will still be the way to go in any game mode. In pve it bleeds will be minor and in pvp and wvw it is a cover condi, nothing more.

Its apples and pears.

And the axe’s main condi is bleeding, so what’s your point?

So you think bleeding will be main condi in FB equipped with an axe. Is that how i should interpret your post?

Is bleeding the main condi for condi zerkers?

It seems to me like you have difficulty differentiating between the axe and firebrand in general.

Condi guardian already existed and was strictly burning based. And it wasn’t good in pve. The whole point is for firebrand to offer something that is better than that build.

We are already starting with a 50% nerf to VoJ. The condi output of spirit weapons is also nerfed. The axe itself is more bleeding-based that it is burn-based. And the bleeding has very short duration, compared to other condi weapons.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

what do you mean with VoJ cut in half??? The passive burning from Tome of Justice is 541 for 1 1/2 while voJ does the same dmg but with 4s. Isn´t ToJ better because it provides more dmg in a shorter period of time ??

ToJ: 360,67 dmg per second
VoJ: 135,24 dmg per second

another advantage is that you don´t have as much time to cleanse it.

All burning does the same base dps per stack, you see a bigger number on the tooltip because of traits and condi damage gear.

It’s also not 1.5, it’s 1s, half of what it is now. 1.5 must be the pvp version.

WHAT? And I thougth it could be bad on a 1.5 sec. Then would be no reason to use with Permeating Wrath. 50% nerf is just too much. From what we saw, I don’t believe that Firebrand will be self suficient as condi build without passive VoJ, even more considering the insane cast time on axe #2.

At least, only 2 more days to test it out. Every new thing I dicover I lose interest on Firebrand (And I really like Burning Guard)

In the stream, permeating wrath was applying 5+ second burns, so it might have been an olver version of the trait. Let’s hope they don’t destroy condi guard with firebrand