Fist weapons for Guards

Fist weapons for Guards

in Guardian

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I think fist weapons for guards would be a nice addition in the future. Like magic type skills and physical type skills combined. Mid-range/melee, similar to Ranger Axe but not that much worthless. Here, look at the skills.

Main Hand
Flames of Judgement Shoot (BLUE) Fireball that applies 2sec. burn to foe.
Divine Punch Punch your foe and remove 2 boons from them.
Flashing Fist Punch your foe and blind nearby enemies.

Off Hand
Merciful Punch Punch your foe several times, regenerate health for each critical hit.
Shield of Light Crete shield of light around you that absorbs damage (3 sec, rooted in place). -> Release Release all the damage absorbed in a powerful blast.

Fist weapons for Guards

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Fist weapons don’t seem very guardian-like to me. I’d rather have a spear, naginata or whatever in that direction.

Besides, yor No. 5 would be ridiculously overpowered. Imagine, all those braindead noobs out there couldn’t continue to hack at you without being oneshotted in return. That’s outrageous! People would need to use their brain!

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Fist weapons for Guards

in Guardian

Posted by: Sol Solus.3167

Sol Solus.3167

Yeah, brass knuckles would probably be best suited for thieves, just like Thunderfist’s Brass Knuckles for assassins in GW1.

Rainmeter overlays:
World Boss Timer | WvW Map

Fist weapons for Guards

in Guardian

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Fist weapons don’t seem very guardian-like to me. I’d rather have a spear, naginata or whatever in that direction.

Besides, yor No. 5 would be ridiculously overpowered. Imagine, all those braindead noobs out there couldn’t continue to hack at you without being oneshotted in return. That’s outrageous! People would need to use their brain!

It’s similar to Warrior’s Defiant Stance, but instead of healing you just reflects damage that can totally be avoided.

Fist weapons for Guards

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

You know that, I know that, but I’d guess that at least 90% of the players out there do not know it. And since ANet caters to them, such a skill won’t come.

Besides, it’s bad design anyway. Useless against good players, overpowered against the usual bad ones and probably borderline OP in PvE, too.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Fist weapons for Guards

in Guardian

Posted by: glorius.1235

glorius.1235

A cestus would look awesome on my zerker charr guardian.
Aurellian is right there…fist weapons are more like warrior stuff…

The skills on the other hand…
Guardians still lack soft CC and a weapon set like this (full close hand-to-hand combat) would definitely need some to provide the guardian the ability to stick to the target.

The concept would be nice, however, I don’t think it will happen.

IGN: Skúgg – currently on Far Shiverpeaks