Fix Torch 4 Targetting PLEASE

in Guardian

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

This has been stated several times before and everyone had agreed back then.

The problem with torch, aside from torch 5 winning the uselessness award of 2016 is the targetting with torch 4.

As you know there are some foods which increase your damage while moving by 10%.

The problem with torch 4 and moving is that 3/15 times you cast torch 4 if the enemy moved 1 pixel to the right the skill will travel to hit something else on a different galaxy and I’m sure most ppl have noticed this aswell.

Want another problem with torch 4??

- Why is it that if you “Throw” a blue ball of flame, how cool does it sound uh? (or a lousy smoking brownish stick if you have the legendary torch, “turn off legendary effects coff coff”) it goes stuck to the ground?????
While fighting on platforms you basically lose the skill number 4. Best example is the Thaumanova Anomaly. Only way you can hit it with torch 4 is while being right next to it or finding a patch without holes.

Tell me what do you think.
Opinions are welcomed. Constructive criticism is more than welcomed too.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Yes to the targeting not sure how they could “actually” fix it to work with how the game functions. Leave the blue fire alone tho please I always loved the fact that guardian flames are blue.

in Guardian

holychampion.7386

Leave the blue fire alone tho please I always loved the fact that guardian flames are blue.

Yes please! I love Blue Fire too.
But everyone who got the legendary torch now shoots something which is barely noticeable. Would be cool in pvp if the weapon was suitable for it.

Basically, you want Rodgort skin ok but forget to shoot the normal flame, because F you that’s why.

As to how to change it, make an explosion centered in the player or something radial projected out of you but that’s a suggestion. I don’t know HOW to fix it.
An idea should surge from here

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I dont know about you, but it works as intended in my stormtrooper themed guard.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

in Guardian

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

The problem with torch 4 and moving is that 3/15 times you cast torch 4 if the enemy moved 1 pixel to the right the skill will travel to hit something else on a different galaxy and I’m sure most ppl have noticed this aswell.

That made my day

I dont know about you, but it works as intended in my stormtrooper themed guard.

That made the rest of my day

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Yes to the targeting not sure how they could “actually” fix it to work with how the game functions. Leave the blue fire alone tho please I always loved the fact that guardian flames are blue.

Code is code. It’s whether or not the man hours is within Anet’s budget for just 1 off-hand weapon. In the end, they decide if it’s worth 1 post every year or if they should work on that 3 post item they get every month.

In terms of implementation, ask yourself what it does and why. It currently has a very limited eye sight and follows the target 100%. The projectile only sees the distance and direction and calculates the interception, only it doesn’t fact check itself as to whether or not the target will be anywhere near that area.

You’d need to set a couple extra perameters to make the projectile work smarter. One parameter can be a circular area about 120 radius around the target at all times. Crossing it one way then going back the opposite direction can fact check all your abilities to tell them the target is strafing.

Parameter two, the area threshold the projectile calculates to determine the distance between each strafing motion. From there, the rest of the calculation is just statistical averages. If the projectile misses, it’ll at least be within the radius/area of the target rather than in another galaxy.

Or option#2: Make the projectile faster, but long distances still effects the hit rate. – just a placebo effect at best.

Or option#3: Make it a skill shot like LB#3… done.
The best & most cost effective option.
Make GW2017 great again

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

holychampion.7386

Refloating this until they fix the skill

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

true it misses its target at times…seems to be affected by ground elevation too…as in a pebble on the ground blocks it I think…or maybe I tripped on the pebble and the fireball went into the ground…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Fire it point blank and it will get ported into another dimension.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

While we’re complaining about torch 4, can we mention torch 5 as well? I really wish it removed condis from you too and not just allies. As far as wvw roaming goes and how out of control condition builds are there, If you think you have enough condi removal, you’re wrong and need to add more.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Torch 5 is that way since guards can’t have a skill without a drawback or counter.