Flame legion vs Pack

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

Hiya!
Was thinking that you number crunchers could answer me this:
Would the Superior Rune of the Flame Legion or Superior Rune of the Pack be best by a PvE p.o.v.
I know scholar is best dps option but then I really need to stay at full health most of the time (stressfactor making me do more mistakes

I have full zerker gear and using 10 in zeal (synergy with flame legion).

Also does anyone have the dps numbers on zerker staff? It seems to do alot more dmg then it gets credit for.

Thanks in advance!

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: MrKip.2914

MrKip.2914

Flame legion offers some power and burning duration while providing a 7% dmg modifer when the target is burning

this is taken as pve advice if u roam u may want more swift duration but even there
i’d prefer the dmg modifer

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Xhean.3452

so far I’m prefering flame legion as well, but was thinking that maybe the precision and party buffs (don’t have any access to fury) would outweigh it.

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: MrKip.2914

MrKip.2914

most likely u will be in a party where they will supply fury if not show me what build your running , if your fury hungry u can try a med zerker build which has access to 12 sec fury on its own

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

unless you are running with Ele or engy, you will not get enough burns.

the 1 sec of burn on each fifth strike not enough to have a constant 7% damage increase. the burning applied on hit, and removed before the hit animation is finished.
even if you use purging flames, it is not enough.
only if you can double your burn duration (close to 100%) and use torch and purging flames on cooldown, you will see constant difference (+17% damage from runes and trait)

thats why pack > flame legion.

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Xhean.3452

atm I’m running with 2/5/0/6/1 but I’ve been thinking of going meds.
as long as there’ someone or an entire group with me the burning is constant with activated VoJ so under those conditions the burning upkeep isn’t an issue. When solo in outdoor pve the 4,5 secs burning from the active is enough before stuff dies.

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Traveler’s.

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

@Lalangamena makes good points if you can get double burn duration the it might be better then pack runes. Then the uptime is very good but you have to look at what you give up. Pack runes are great IMO and really fill the one thing Dps guard lacks which is fury.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

@Lalangamena makes good points if you can get double burn duration the it might be better then pack runes. Then the uptime is very good but you have to look at what you give up. Pack runes are great IMO and really fill the one thing Dps guard lacks which is fury.

Mhm, personally I really think Flame Legion Rune Set is meant for Power burn builds now, and people who go 6 into zeal for Amplified Wrath, and Fiery Wrath, which gives a nice boost in damage(17% Damage Modifier, 22% if you’re running GS and picking up the trait Zealous Blade). 6 in zeal already gives +Condition Duration of 30%, with Runes of Flame Legion that becomes 60% for Burning Duration. Which is pretty lengthy increase. If you’re playing in WvW area use condition duration food and you have 100% Burn Duration.

As far as DPS Guard is concerned they have access to fury through meditations(Focused mind trait), if you’re talking about a non-meditation build then I guess yeah Pack Runes are a good choice.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Xhean.3452

is power guardian with amp wrath any good? I mean is it enough of a dps increase from that?

But as a conclusion if you’re not running meditations, Pack runes are great, if you are running meds you could go with something else?

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

is power guardian with amp wrath any good? I mean is it enough of a dps increase from that?

But as a conclusion if you’re not running meditations, Pack runes are great, if you are running meds you could go with something else?

Well if you’re running Carrion then yes, adding in doom sigils too. Ticks that burn for 700-800 per sec is pretty good, it’s just not for pve setting since Zerker is a better choice.

Correct if you’re not running meditations then it’s alright, if you’re running meditations with focused mind, you might be better with something else like travelers shrug

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You could also consider dire armor and weapons with soldiers everything else would give you around 700 condition damage and 6 in Zeal with the soldiers will give you sufficient power to make not burning hurt. The dire/soldiers split will also give you about 1.6k vitality and toughness, which translates into 17k HP and 2.8k armor, and you still have 8 trait points to spend. This of course only works in pve and wvw, and it’s not too welcome in pve dungeons.

Something like 6/4/0/0/4 could work well, using scepter and grabbing radiant fire and Supreme justice. With Fiery wrath, sigil of smoldering, and flame legion runes, you’ll have 100% burn duration, burn on every three hits, recharging voj (and that delicious might + vuln combo), and +27% damage. You could consider moving 1 from virtues to radiance for another 10%, but the burn won’t be as frequent. Maybe you can get around that considering you have recharging voj.

Fishsticks

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Tough call. Pack gives occasional group Fury and about 6% crit chance from precision. Flame Legion gives you a 7% damage bonus. At higher base crit chance, the raw damage increase is worth a lot more. Group Fury is tough to weigh. If you’re in a melee group with lower Fury uptime, it’s good. If you have more ranged or the group has high Fury uptime, it’s mostly a wash.

If you run Purging Flames, you can have decent burning uptime from assorted projectile and whirl finishers. But it still won’t reach close to 100%.

You could also consider Rune of the Ogre, which has a flat 4% bonus and some extra Ferocity.

I would probably go with Pack or Ogre. Those are more universally useful.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

To cut it short.

Rune of the Flame Legion- Amplified Wrath Builds(Power/Burn/Retal build)
Pack Runes- Bruiser Support

@ Ghost- If it’s for PVE that would be fine, since almost everything works in PVE, WvW and PVP though you’ll get squished way too easy without any survivablity traits.

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

Flame legion vs Pack

in Guardian

Xhean.3452

thank you all for giving some perspective!
Think I’ll go with zerker gear with Pack runes for my pve/dungeon build then