[Focus] Ray of Judgement change?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Hi there, I’ve been playing my Guardian a fair bit recently and been trying different weapons and builds. I’ve grown to like Sword/Focus, but I’m not impressed with Ray of Judgement.

In Gw1 I used to play a Smite Monk alot in Jade Quarry and RoJ was an absolutely amazing skill (elite). RoJ on Gw2 however.. is very disappointing.

Here is a quick video of Ray of Judgement from Gw1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnsWv4SwZp0

I’m not going to ask for a big huge beam on Gw2. Though, I do feel that the skill in Gw2 does need some sort of buff, right now the only use I have for it is when I’m closing the gap between me and my enemy when my teleports are on cooldown.
The 1 condition cleanse is ok, but the damage and 3 second regen on a 25 second cooldown is pitiful.

I know Gw1 and Gw2 are completely different games, but to have such an amazing skill on Gw1 become so horrible in Gw2 just isn’t right.

I propose that RoJ should be changed to something very similar to the Gw1 variant.

Ray of Judgement (instant) (30 sec? cooldown)
Creates a solid ray of light that damages and burns foes in the surrounding area with each pulse.
800(?) damage/second
1 sec burn with every pulse
Radius 360.

I feel this would be a reasonable change to the focus #4 as it really needs it (in my opinion).

The ray may, or may not follow you upon movement, either way I’m happy with.
The ray could also be altered to smite a single condition upon activation (possibly lower the damage if this was added?).

Thoughts?

in Guardian

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

RoJ is one of the better skills we have imo, best change would be for it to remove stealth. That and sword 3 make it easy to see where targets stealth/port to also.

in Guardian

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I agree it’s underwhelming, though Blind Exposure makes it pretty decent when fighting only one enemy at least.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

It needs a shorter cast-time, not fizzle if your target walks behind or to the side of when casting, and maybe a lesser CD.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Sure, blind is always helpful. Though, I already have Blind on my f1, sword 2 and GS 3.
Another blind is helpful, but taking up a weapon slot on an offhand weapon with a long cooldown isn’t where it should be in my opinion.

The RoJ in Gw1 was an elite skill, and it had a great effect. Comparing both, Gw2 version is a huge let down.