FotM survival, CoF speed runs builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Diablos.2834

Diablos.2834

Q:

Hello Guys,

My build of my main guardian is very bad as I chose it longtime ago, full power/vit/condition exotic from CoF!!

I was happy seeing the high dmg from burning!!

Ok, I quitted for around 3 months, and when I returned, I wanted to do fractals and dungeon speed runs, I am bad in both, I don’t do high dmg, and also I die faster than anyone.

My hp is around 17k, crti and crit dmg is too low.. Have full exotic trinket set of Sapphire.

I love to use GS/Scepter+focus combo as my weapons.

What do you suggest on weapon, traits and armor etc.? for both Survivability and for Speed Runs…

in Guardian

Posted by: Inoence.6907

Inoence.6907

A:

I suggest you to watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWfgaA_MJw0&feature=youtube_gdata_player (credits go to Strife)
For CoF speed runs i suggest you to run a x/30/x/x/x build with Sword mainhand and full Berserker’s [It’s even better if you make a Warrior or Mesmer alt because you’ll find more PuGs]

(edited by Inoence.6907)

in Guardian

Diablos.2834

no single answer!

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It seems to me that if you left for 3 months and your just getting back, it’s not so much a gear issue as it is building your knowledge of the content and practicing using your dodge and healing skills.

As far as your gear goes, it’s not all that terrible. Your armor is not optimized for speed runs but it’s pretty decent for survival. I would say it’s a decent balance for now. You might want to swap the sceptre/focus for staff. It has a bit of range that will still allow you to stand back from some bad stuff and it won’t miss (scepter bolts can miss if you didn’t know). Not sure what your traits are but a good starting point is 0/15/30/20/5

I can’t really suggest any specific changes for what you desire because it’s not clear to me that you are at a skill level where running an optimized speed run build would work for you. As a general strategy, I tend to suggest people that struggle with group content start in a heavy defensive build, focusing on keeping themselves alive. From there they can work towards something more offensive or supportive as they improve their gameplay. The nice thing about that approach is that Clerics/PTV gear has a significant amount of power so your damage will still be very respectable.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Diablos.2834

It seems to me that if you left for 3 months and your just getting back, it’s not so much a gear issue as it is building your knowledge of the content and practicing using your dodge and healing skills.

As far as your gear goes, it’s not all that terrible. Your armor is not optimized for speed runs but it’s pretty decent for survival. I would say it’s a decent balance for now. You might want to swap the sceptre/focus for staff. It has a bit of range that will still allow you to stand back from some bad stuff and it won’t miss (scepter bolts can miss if you didn’t know). Not sure what your traits are but a good starting point is 0/15/30/20/5

I can’t really suggest any specific changes for what you desire because it’s not clear to me that you are at a skill level where running an optimized speed run build would work for you. As a general strategy, I tend to suggest people that struggle with group content start in a heavy defensive build, focusing on keeping themselves alive. From there they can work towards something more offensive or supportive as they improve their gameplay. The nice thing about that approach is that Clerics/PTV gear has a significant amount of power so your damage will still be very respectable.

Not at all, I know 3 months away is not an issue, but is there any guardian who goes full power/vit/condition dmg? thats what I was saying, and thanks for the tips..

in Guardian

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Not at all, I know 3 months away is not an issue, but is there any guardian who goes full power/vit/condition dmg? thats what I was saying, and thanks for the tips..

No. if you wish have any respect in the top-tier gaming community of fractals or cof, you would run full knights gear for fotm (or full soldiers but i perfer knight) and full berserker gear for cof. No exceptions.