[Frac40+] High DPS+Support build

in Guardian

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I wanted a build capable of high DPS but high support too for my 40+frac everyday runs.
Other high DPS builds I tried offered very little support and unpredictable DPS, while a full support dealt low DPS and grew boring to play, so I built both high DPS and high Support into one build.
Ran a 46, 44 and 42 all went smooth from both a damage and a team survival perspective (all 3 with not-so-pro PuGs instead of guildies, so I could test the failsafe limits).

Highlights:

• High DPS (4600 ePower).
  • 71% base crit chance, up to 100% with Fury/Perception stacks.
  • 15k health 2700 armor.
  • Great support; mostly from high team-wide protection uptime and wide access to projectile blockers.
  • +50% boon duration.

How to use
Before a fight unload Empower from staff, shout Retreat then switch to Sword/Shield.
The trick is applying 21s of protection to your team right before the first clash through VoC, SoJ, HtL, then apply another 13.5 when it’s almost over (SoJ followed by HtL once it loads), and continue to apply both plus VoC when it’s off CD.
Versus projectiles we apply WoR, when it’s over we pop SoA, then go next the ranged dealer and ZD for a total of 21s of projectile protection – 10s later you’ll be able to restart this cycle again.
During the above just continue DPSing with your sword and spamming VoJ; there is nothing to stop your reliable crits from happening while you support as the majority of your support doesn’t require stopping your DPS.

Learning Version
If you are new to Guardian/Fractals or just not used to this setup, I suggest you start with an AH version which has a less support (you lose protection from VoC and WoR CD/duration) but makes you basically immortal just like any other AH build out there.
Even though it isn’t as much supportive, it still offers the same high DPS and offering good support.
Once you get to the point where you skill surpasses the need for AH heals, start with the former build.

Results
Most groups will notice the easy rolling through dungeons and will thank you/friendlist you, and wonder if you’re support even though you’re technically a DPS character.
Everyone will feel like Warriors due to the sturdiness and might you give them all the times so any class will be useful and give its best.

Hope you have fun with this

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Why not trait empowering might instead of the 30 in the first line?

Wouldn’t that have more synergy with your crit stat and your boon duration runes and grant you more hp so you can gear more berserkers for dps rather than splashing vit in your gear?

I believe the might stacks that it gives also trigger AH, which would yet another synergy with your AH variant above.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Why do people use maintenance oil for pve? Besides, that effective power factor shouldn’t be compared to builds with different weapons and 4600 isn’t high, it’s average.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Why do people use maintenance oil for pve? Besides, that effective power factor shouldn’t be compared to builds with different weapons and 4600 isn’t high, it’s average.

Because it provides extra precision.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

4600 is high for a Guardian. You can only really compare that stat between the same class.

Its an interesting build I run something similar with greatsword and scepter/shield. LAst night the pugs went down fast on the spider in AC and I duoed it with an elementalist who said, “great tanking!” with a greatsword and no AH. lol

PS- What is with the consecrations trait with no consecrations on the bar?

(edited by Dristig.9678)

in Guardian

haviz.1340

There are better alternatives.

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

It makes sense if you’ve got a low precision build with Empowering Might, but not if you’re that high already.

PS- What is with the consecrations trait with no consecrations on the bar?

Majors aren’t definitive, since he has 30 in Radiance, 5 in Virtues helps for VoJ spamming in trash, and Master of Consecrations is awesome for some fights (20 seconds downtime compared to 32 with Wall of Reflection), or if you’re going full ranged, Unscathed Contender is awesome for Scepter/Offhand.

I wanted a build capable of high DPS but high support too for my 40+frac everyday runs.

Have you considered switching the 20 in Valor for Honor?
While in Effective Power you stay the same, it’s not really true because you’d need to maintain less than 100% endurance at all times, so it’s a little loss in damage here, but I’m thinking Empowering Might might make up for it (and it’s better for your group too), and you get to pick Battle Presence and Selfless Daring and some other good Major for support.

With your 50% Boon Duration and high critical chance I think you can get up to 6~7 Might stacks by yourself, which I think it’d be quite impressive as it’s for the whole group.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Have you considered switching the 20 in Valor for Honor?
While in Effective Power you stay the same, it’s not really true because you’d need to maintain less than 100% endurance at all times, so it’s a little loss in damage here, but I’m thinking Empowering Might might make up for it (and it’s better for your group too), and you get to pick Battle Presence and Selfless Daring and some other good Major for support.

SHHHHHH! That’s what I do but “everyone” knows you have to go down Valor or you get torn up like wet toilet paper…

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

Danicco, I prefer to get Shield CD down because it greatly improves the Protection uptime and Projectile reflection uptime, but your idea works fine too.

Why not trait empowering might instead of the 30 in the first line?

Dumping RH strength greatly decreases your DPS.
I’d rather dump Valor if I was to go like that.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

There are better alternatives.

Alright, name the tool consumables that provide extra precision please.

It makes sense if you’ve got a low precision build with Empowering Might, but not if you’re that high already.

Thanks for stating the obvious to me….

Also, having a high crit chance is debatable opinion. Just ask Bash for example.

in Guardian

haviz.1340

I’d prefer 10% more damage and 10% damage reduction than 6.72% more crit chance. First option gives 5.2% more dps with his current stats. Moreover, power is almost always better than precision so sharpening stones should be used if you don’t want to buy potions or because there aren’t potions for everything.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’d prefer 10% more damage and 10% damage reduction than 6.72% more crit chance. First option gives 5.2% more dps with his current stats. Moreover, power is almost always better than precision so sharpening stones should be used if you don’t want to buy potions or because there aren’t potions for everything.

There are some good points there, however, it’s not as simple as crit chance vs power. It’s also about what happens when you do crit, and no, its not about the dps crit brings, which is why some people like to stack precision.

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

There are some good points there, however, it’s not as simple as crit chance vs power. It’s also about what happens when you do crit, and no, its not about the dps crit brings, which is why some people like to stack precision.

Exactly.

The most recurrent mistake from MMO players is focusing on a single part of the much bigger design that character effectiveness is.
If you tunnel vision into DPS and neglect Survivability and Support, not only you will lose effectiveness but your overall DPS will also be impaired from the consequences that happen from neglecting Survivability and Support.

Maximizing crit chance is done to guarantee the most Omnom procs possible and achieve 325hp/s as reliably as we can, let alone all the usual procs.
+5% DPS is only true as long as you’re effectively surviving and supporting – and as long as you don’t need to stop DPSing because you’ve fallen behind on the survivability/support tasks.

in Guardian

haviz.1340

This build has 1 effect that’s being proc’d when you crit. Potions aren’t additional dps, they’re dps plus survivability, hence potions > oils.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hyuri.8795

Hyuri.8795

Exactly.

The most recurrent mistake from MMO players is focusing on a single part of the much bigger design that character effectiveness is.
If you tunnel vision into DPS and neglect Survivability and Support, not only you will lose effectiveness but your overall DPS will also be impaired from the consequences that happen from neglecting Survivability and Support.

Maximizing crit chance is done to guarantee the most Omnom procs possible and achieve 325hp/s as reliably as we can, let alone all the usual procs.
+5% DPS is only true as long as you’re effectively surviving and supporting – and as long as you don’t need to stop DPSing because you’ve fallen behind on the survivability/support tasks.

First of all, thx Red Falcon for sharing your experience! I’m searching for a better (than AH) build for 40+ atm and yours sounds promising, I’ll definitely try it out.
Saying Omnom you mean Omnomberrry Ghosts or Pie? Because you listed Plate of Truffle Steak in the consumables section.

I must say, I prefer tonics (if available) and Sharpening Stones (if not) over Oils in a high critchance build too. You won’t recognize a difference between 70 and 76% critchance, whereas 10% more raw damage is huge. And, IIRC, the tonics work for all enemy types in one distinct fractal, i.e. dredge slaying tonics work for the elemental vets / boss.

What would you say, where does your survivability with this build mostly come from? Protection uptime / blinds / reflects? Because you could get all this with a more defense oriented build. Or skill? (I might lack skill)
And how do you handle conditions? You don’t use soldier runes / Purity / PoV.
No criticism meant, I’m just really interested in your experiences at 40+.

Edit: typos

(edited by Hyuri.8795)

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

First of all, thx Red Falcon for sharing your experience! I’m searching for a better (than AH) build for 40+ atm and your’s sounds promising, I’ll definitely try it out.
Saying Omnom you mean Omnomberrry Ghosts or Pie? Because you listed Plate of Truffle Steak in the consumables section.

I use omnom pies for 325 heal proc every second.

I must say, I prefer tonics (if available) and Sharpening Stones (if not) over Oils in a high critchance build too. You won’t recognize a difference between 70 and 76% critchance, whereas 10% more raw damage is huge. And, IIRC, the tonics work for all enemy types in one distinct fractal, i.e. dredge slaying tonics work for the elemental vets / boss.

Your call, I don’t think everyone should play exactly the same setup.
That being said tho, unless you have a stock of potions for every race/mob type in Fractals, one that works on everything is more convenient.

If we’re going the pure min/max route, then the best would be stocking up on every potion type and having a dozen of swords with different bonus dmg vs X, though that would be expensive to setup.

What would you say, where does your survivability with this build mostly come from? Protection uptime / blinds / reflects? Because you could get all this with a more defense oriented build. Or skill? (I might lack skill)
And how do you handle conditions? You don’t use soldier runes / Purity / PoV.
No offense meant, I’m just really interested in your experiences at 40+.

Defense comes from near-permanent 65% dmg reduction + blinds + reflects + ?500hp/s, 8.6k heal from signet, plus all the heals from Empower/Orb/SoA.
As for conditions I don’t find there is any condition in fractals that’s not a ignorable nuisance; the only places you really need condi removal is where you get bleed stacked and that never happens in any fractal.
I did frac up to 50 on 3 classes so far, and never needed condition removal on either (save for swamp run but on that one you slot specific swap-run skills), and consider that the other 2 classes are much squishier than Guardian.

in Guardian

haviz.1340

If you’re using omnomberry pie why do you increase your power by 100 with other food?

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Your call, I don’t think everyone should play exactly the same setup.
That being said tho, unless you have a stock of potions for every race/mob type in Fractals, one that works on everything is more convenient.

If we’re going the pure min/max route, then the best would be stocking up on every potion type and having a dozen of swords with different bonus dmg vs X, though that would be expensive to setup.

It’s also extremely annoying having to swap out so much, but that’s just me.

in Guardian

Hyuri.8795

snip

Actually I do have a stock of tonics for every fractal, they cost nearly nothing and they are worth the slots they take up (whereas multiple different weapons with all those sigils aren’t IMO).

Where do the 65% damage reduction come from? 33% from protection, but what else?

I thought, Guardians belong to the 3 squishier classes regarding conditions, as they got the lowest base HP and toughness doesn’t matter. Anyways, you might be right with conditions being an ignorable nuisance in fractals, I have never run without PoV and/or soldier runes (or another guardian).

Again, I don’t want to criticize your setup, I just want to understand how it works for you.
Will try out later, when I’m at home.

(edited by Hyuri.8795)

in Guardian

haviz.1340

He’s adding defence.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Its very similar to my Archon (0/30/10/20/10). I run sword/torch or sword/shield & staff, so again similar. Difference is I made delivering might my primary focus so rather than runes for boon duration I went with 3 pairs of +20% might duration for a total of +70% might duration. 12 stacks for 17 seconds off the staff-4, and able to maintain four to five stacks casually just from normal attacks with empowering might.

I went with Sigil of Accuracy (flat 5% crit bonus) and Sigil of Generosity. With over 75% crit chance Generosity hands off conditions pretty much as soon as you get one, and unlike the signet it doesn’t go into internal cooldown until it’s actually used.

Attachments:

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

Where do the 65% damage reduction come from? 33% from protection, but what else?

32% base damage reduction from armor, plus 33% from protection = 65%.

I thought, Guardians belong to the 3 squishier classes regarding conditions, as they got the lowest base HP and toughness doesn’t matter. Anyways, you might be right with conditions being an ignorable nuisance in fractals, I have never run without PoV and/or soldier runes (or another guardian).

Health pool isn’t the biggest factor vs condition damage, healing is.
Say a Warrior with 20k health and a Guardian with 15k are both getting permanent 500dmg/sec condition with no possibility to remove it (Frostbite in Snowblind fractal).
The Warrior is dying way before the Guard because Guard can heal up all damage taken, Warrior can’t unless he’s on a full healing build (which would lead to him have awful dmg).

Then again, condition removal is unnecessary in Fractals.
The only place conditions are somewhat of a nuisance is the Arms Sigil fight in Colossus because they stack Vuln up a lot, but it isn’t really necessary to remove it in order to succeed.
At most you can slot Smite condition in that encounter, not revolve an entire build around one little part of one of the nine fractals.

in Guardian

Hyuri.8795

Its very similar to my Archon (0/30/10/20/10). I run sword/torch or sword/shield & staff, so again similar. Difference is I made delivering might my primary focus so rather than runes for boon duration I went with 3 pairs of +20% might duration for a total of +70% might duration. 12 stacks for 17 seconds off the staff-4, and able to maintain four to five stacks casually just from normal attacks with empowering might.

I went with Sigil of Accuracy (flat 5% crit bonus) and Sigil of Generosity. With over 75% crit chance Generosity hands off conditions pretty much as soon as you get one, and unlike the signet it doesn’t go into internal cooldown until it’s actually used.

May I kindly ask for details on your traits and gear?

(edited by Hyuri.8795)

in Guardian

Nike.2631

Lets try this.

One thing the summation on the calculator doesn’t show is that with high crit builds Vigorous Precision (Gain 5 seconds of vigor when you deliver a critical hit. This effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds) is pretty much perma-vigor, which in turn is a LOT of survivability and AoE heals.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Lets try this.

One thing the summation on the calculator doesn’t show is that with high crit builds Vigorous Precision (Gain 5 seconds of vigor when you deliver a critical hit. This effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds) is pretty much perma-vigor, which in turn is a LOT of survivability and AoE heals.

Im not sure if im seeing it right but your armor is rampager and you are going for the all stat jewelry…. Either this is a troll build or you actually believe condition dmg matters at all to the guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lunatic.9314

Lunatic.9314

Other high DPS builds I tried offered very little support and unpredictable DPS, while a full support dealt low DPS and grew boring to play, so I built both high DPS and high Support into one build.
Ran a 46, 44 and 42 all went smooth from both a damage and a team survival perspective (all 3 with not-so-pro PuGs instead of guildies, so I could test the failsafe limits).

Highlights:

• 15k health 2700 armor.
  • Great support; mostly from high team-wide protection uptime and wide access to projectile blockers.
  • +50% boon duration.

How to use
Before a fight unload Empower from staff, shout Retreat then switch to Sword/Shield.
The trick is applying 21s of protection to your team right before the first clash through VoC, SoJ, HtL, then apply another 13.5 when it’s almost over (SoJ followed by HtL once it loads), and continue to apply both plus VoC when it’s off CD.
Versus projectiles we apply WoR, when it’s over we pop SoA, then go next the ranged dealer and ZD for a total of 21s of projectile protection – 10s later you’ll be able to restart this cycle again.
During the above just continue DPSing with your sword and spamming VoJ; there is nothing to stop your reliable crits from happening while you support as the majority of your support doesn’t require stopping your DPS.

Learning Version
If you are new to Guardian/Fractals or just not used to this setup, I suggest you start with an AH version which has a less support (you lose protection from VoC and WoR CD/duration) but makes you basically immortal just like any other AH build out there.
Even though it isn’t as much supportive, it still offers the same high DPS and offering good support.
Once you get to the point where you skill surpasses the need for AH heals, start with the former build.

Results
Most groups will notice the easy rolling through dungeons and will thank you/friendlist you, and wonder if you’re support even though you’re technically a DPS character.
Everyone will feel like Warriors due to the sturdiness and might you give them all the times so any class will be useful and give its best.

I’m new to guardian and want to run FoTM and Arah and want to try your build. Only thing is I don’t have and of tge P/T/V pieces or any of the accended acc yet. What can I use as an alternative (meaning crafted or bought off the TP?) Your help will be greatly appreciated!

in Guardian

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Have you tried virtues build?
does your hp go down super fast?
for high lvl fotm you must be ptv or a mix.
I have 800 hrs and if you want to do dmg just creat a warrior.

in Guardian

Nike.2631

Im not sure if im seeing it right but your armor is rampager and you are going for the all stat jewelry…. Either this is a troll build or you actually believe condition dmg matters at all to the guardian.

I keep hearing things like this. No, its not a troll build. First, there aren’t any other choices for high-precision armor. Second, Sword lays on the 5th hit burn very fast and Torch buttons both burn, so you do some condition damage all the time. If the Precision major, Power/Toughness minor moves out of just the ascended accessories and into armor I’ll swap to that, but Rampagers armor works just dandy for us. Likewise, Guardians can and do benefit from celestial accessories. In this case once you have a high enough Precision/crit chance rounding out your stats is a plus, not a minus.

in Guardian

haviz.1340

I’m new to guardian and want to run FoTM and Arah and want to try your build. Only thing is I don’t have and of tge P/T/V pieces or any of the accended acc yet. What can I use as an alternative (meaning crafted or bought off the TP?) Your help will be greatly appreciated!

For Arah everything works.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

Highlights:

• 15k health 2700 armor.
  • +50% boon duration.

How to use

Learning Version

Results

http://tinyurl.com/b6e9exh

^ is what i use, it has a much higher survivability. and your contribution to team dps outweighs doing your own dps, while staying alive. during any run the entire group is at 20+ stacks of might. making the average power of this more support type build, higher than your dps build. with onyl 12 stacks of might, which is standard without anything dying, power is greater than 2100. and is at 2520 with 25 stacks, combined with a constant ability to throw down vulnerability on everything, means in this “support” type build, i do 3k crits with greatsword attacks, and crit often enough to constantly proc might on everyone. and every time might procs, you get heal procs on AH, which means better survivability than trying to go all out.

also. damage reduction is 43% on the site, add in 33% for constant protections, + 10% for sigil protection that is always up , and its 83% reduction in total damage. effective health is the same even though you have a higher health pool, which means its much easier to keep it topped off than to refill more health with less healing

the key to any of these builds is making sure to always use virtue of justice nonstop. applying might, blinds, vulnerability and heals to yourself for every single renew on virtue of justice, if you cant keep up the VoJ, then there is no point in playing this type

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

^ is what i use, it has a much higher survivability. and your contribution to team dps outweighs doing your own dps

Not sure if trolling…
Your build has 1900 ePower (mine 4600), it can be summed up with: overkill survivability and terribad damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

^ is what i use, it has a much higher survivability. and your contribution to team dps outweighs doing your own dps

Not sure if trolling…
Your build has 1900 ePower (mine 4600), it can be summed up with: overkill survivability and terribad damage.

not trolling at all. that site doesn’t accoutn for constants like might stacks and such. theory and practice are all different, and even that build site doesnt have my stats correct in the game either. effective power still doesnt take into account other variables like ability to stack might and vulnerability and how long you can keep them up.

unfortunately some builds only shine when certain people play them, and i’d love to see a small video of yours doing those high level fractals and dungeons, just because with 15k health and next to no survivability or extra healing, you are gonna fall short and have to stay back away from the action causing your dps to suffer over time.

yours can be summed up with a guy who thinks he has a good dps build and gets 1 shot by anything remotely strong

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

not trolling at all. that site doesn’t accoutn for constants like might stacks and such

Every Guardian gets tons of might stacks, but 20 might stacks on 1900 ePower are different than 20 on 4600 ePower.
Your build is mathematically terrible on a damage perspective, and to be blunt, whether you accept this fact or not is not really a problem of mine or my thread or my build, but yours alone – I don’t really care for discussing with you on that.

Note that everyone is allowed to make their own build thread.
If you want to talk about your build and get feedback, make your own build thread and discuss it there.

in Guardian

haviz.1340

Not sure if trolling…

Yours has 4400.

I use omnom pies for 325 heal proc every second.

Also.

Effective Power
Effective power allows you to make a quick comparison for damage output for different equipment setups with the following caveat:

1. Direct damage only – all damage sources affected by the power attribute
  2. Same profession only – the comparison is inaccurate if we are not talking about the same profession
  3. Same weapon set only – the weapon set must be the same

in Guardian

Posted by: EvilMonkey.3810

EvilMonkey.3810

Hey, first I like the idea of not using AH as core, but I am not that sure, if your build is viable for me an its too expensive to just test it, but

And a second “Rune of Sanctuary” does not increase your boon duration…

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Hey, first I like the idea of not using AH as core, but I am not that sure, if your build is viable for me an its too expensive to just test it, but

Yes it does. You are probably thinking of the wrong grade.

in Guardian

Hyuri.8795

The major rune does.

in Guardian

Posted by: EvilMonkey.3810

EvilMonkey.3810

Ah… Was looking at superior.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

With the cooldown to food now, you do not need a high crit chance.

Basically figure out how many sources of damage you can pump out in 1 second consistently to see if you will get a crit out of one of them based on your current chance.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

Basically figure out how many sources of damage you can pump out in 1 second consistently to see if you will get a crit out of one of them based on your current chance.

The problem is you pump out 1 attack per second on average, and if that doesn’t crit you don’t get the heal.
If there is a fury-pumping Warrior in the team you can do away with RHS pretty safely but 50% total crit chance will not heal all seconds. Check it.

Yours has 4400.

Nah, I just linked the wrong sigil/food in the builder.
With omnom pie and sigil of force it’s 4609.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

in Guardian

haviz.1340

The problem is you pump out 1 attack per second on average, and if that doesn’t crit you don’t get the heal.
If there is a fury-pumping Warrior in the team you can do away with RHS pretty safely but 50% total crit chance will not heal all seconds. Check it.

Actually, if you want to calculate average values you will attack at least once per 0.5s. Attacking more than one mob will improve that number. However, I wouldn’t use those numbers.

You already have sigil of force. I don’t know how you ended up with that number.

in Guardian

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I’m bumping for great justice. This build is amazing, I feel like my DPS has doubled and I have left my party wondering where all the might came from three times already.

I did swap out Honorable Shield for Empowering Might to make it more offensive, and because I felt my guild parties didn’t really need the extra protection it provides most times.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

I’m bumping for great justice. This build is amazing, I feel like my DPS has doubled and I have left my party wondering where all the might came from three times already.

Haha, I can relate.
The good thing is that it also makes your Scepter DPS great, not just sword.
If you have a Warrior in the team almost all your scepter hits will crit and things will go down very fast even from distance.

I did swap out Honorable Shield for Empowering Might to make it more offensive, and because I felt my guild parties didn’t really need the extra protection it provides most times.

Yeah this build is very adaptable.
I’ve been using 5 different versions and they all worked wonders.
RHS is a must have for uber DPS plus the support coming from the offhand is spectacular, I just can’t think of GS non crits for 600 dmg when with this I’m hitting 2k minimum due to almost all crits.

in Guardian

haviz.1340

I really like those numbers.

(edited by haviz.1340)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Yours has 4400.

Nah, I just linked the wrong sigil/food in the builder.

I agree, though some builds can pump out around 2.5 attacks a second.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

Sorry, you can’t have it both ways you have to choose which you want to be high. It’s a choice of high support or high dps not both!

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

Sorry, you can’t have it both ways you have to choose which you want to be high. It’s a choice of high support or high dps not both!

There is no need to pidgeon-hole yourself into one role.
As I said above the main mistake of people is going “full-something” and neglecting other important aspects of their classes.
This build gives you both big DPS and Protection/Anti-projectile uptime to your team thanks to HtL/SoJ/SoA/Wall.
Try it yourself.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

I just want to give a thumbs up on a great build. I don’t use it because I pvp often and having no condi removal is a no-no, but if I didn’t — this would be a 100% go to for me if sword got fixed. By fixed I mean it feels laggy and there are awkward stalls in the attack chain in comparison to the GS.

Overall this is a good build and it’s nice to see someone utilizing the real strengths of the class and not having to rely on AH.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kollz.4072

Kollz.4072

I tried this build and although I haven’t gathered all of the gear for this build I’ve found that it works very well in dungeons.

I’m not a huge fan of using the one-handed sword however so my question here is this: Is it possible to use a mace instead with this build or would I have to change something around?

in Guardian

Red Falcon.8257

I just want to give a thumbs up on a great build. I don’t use it because I pvp often and having no condi removal is a no-no, but if I didn’t — this would be a 100% go to for me if sword got fixed. By fixed I mean it feels laggy and there are awkward stalls in the attack chain in comparison to the GS.

Overall this is a good build and it’s nice to see someone utilizing the real strengths of the class and not having to rely on AH.

Thanks for your feedback

I tried this build and although I haven’t gathered all of the gear for this build I’ve found that it works very well in dungeons.

I’m not a huge fan of using the one-handed sword however so my question here is this: Is it possible to use a mace instead with this build or would I have to change something around?

I tried Mace and it works wonders too, but I believe it has less DPS than sword.
The good thing is your symbol will crit a ton so when you add that on top of auto’s big hitters and prot strike’s also big hit…

I personally hate the long cast on autoattack so I prefer Sword (and because of teleport on 10s cd), but it’s just my preference.