Fresh guardian help

Fresh guardian help

in Guardian

Posted by: Tea.2740

Tea.2740

Used a 80 boost on a guardian and Idk where to start lol. Is the soldier gear given to me good enough or should i swap it out for some other stat? Which brings me to the typical question of how to build. I’ll be mostly doing pve things as I hav eyet to complete HoT and living stories 2/3. Also which weapons are best for soloing vs team things lik wvw or fractal/raids? Thanks

Fresh guardian help

in Guardian

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Soldier gear works for WvW, but only for that. In time you can swap it out for pieces that give you what you desire, like more dmg or whatever you want. Stay away of knights since it makes you loose too much power.

For pve you can always go marauder or pure zerk. Marauder give a bit more health to play with, a bit more forgiving for a beginner.

Now Im not including condi builds at all, since its not my style of play. I leave that for someone else.

Greatsword and sword/focus is a nice basic setup for pve. For WvW either Greatsword or hammer, and staff as second (sword/shield works too).

This is just basic pve and WvW, solo and group play. For specialized raid builds, Im sure someone else can provide some more info about that. And when it comes to WvW, if you are inexperienced, you can go for a full soldier build and then tweak it a bit when you get a hang of your style of play.

Fresh guardian help

in Guardian

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

Used a 80 boost on a guardian and Idk where to start lol. Is the soldier gear given to me good enough or should i swap it out for some other stat? Which brings me to the typical question of how to build. I’ll be mostly doing pve things as I hav eyet to complete HoT and living stories 2/3. Also which weapons are best for soloing vs team things lik wvw or fractal/raids? Thanks

Soldier gear is good enough for HoT solo pve. Check out Saiyan’s zeal sybolic build (basically metabattle’s symbolic build with zeal instead of honor with sword/shield and scepter/focus) or the more meta dragonhunter build for conquest/wvw roaming to start. Those give good survivability while still maintaining good damage output.