Game Update Notes - April 30, 2013

in Guardian

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Relevant changes.

Guardian
Perfect Inscriptions trait: Recharges can no longer be refreshed.
Wrath skill: Updated the damage skill fact to indicate that the damage is done incrementally during the skill’s channel.
Pure of Voice trait: Now properly converts fear.
“Hold the Line!” skill: This shout now converts a condition only if the Pure of Voice trait is equipped.
Bane Signet skill: Increased passive stat bonus by 100%.
Signet of Mercy skill: Increased passive stat bonus by 100%.
Signet of Wrath skill: Increased passive stat bonus by 100%.
Hammer of Wisdom skill: Increased health of this summoned spirit by 25%.
Shield of the Avenger skill: Increased health of this summoned spirit by 14%.
Healer’s Retribution trait: Now functions with racial healing skills.
Sanctuary skill: No longer destroys unblockable missiles.
Shield of Absorption skill: No longer destroys unblockable missiles.

World vs. World
Updated confusion and retaliation effects to do the same damage as they do in sPvP.

General
Retaliation now has its own iconic damage floater.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Will Hold the Line not work with Solder runes, or what to they mean?

in Guardian

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Will Hold the Line not work with Solder runes, or what to they mean?

I was confused by this too… Maybe they meant Hold the Line originally didn’t work with Pure of Voice? (Please, let it be that!)

I believe hold the line used to remove one condition even without pure of voice, and with pure of voice it removed 2 conditions. If you included soldier’s rune, hold the line removed 3 conditions.

So I guess they fixed it so it only removes 1 condition with pure of voice and probably 2 with soldier’s runes

(edited by Andy.9137)

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Some players were commenting that Hold the line removed conditions with out Pure of Voice being traited. I noticed this too but i thought it was Signet of Resolve and coincidence

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Just want I expected. Can’t complain.

Probably start using Bane more. 180 power and a 1200 knockdown? Yes plz.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Is it just me or does this new thief skill basically render the entire guardian class worthless:

Larcenous Strike: Deliver a quick strike that steals up to two boons from an enemy. Costs 1 initiative.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

Is it just me or does this new thief skill basically render the entire guardian class worthless:

Larcenous Strike: Deliver a quick strike that steals up to two boons from an enemy. Costs 1 initiative.

It’s not as bad as it looks. For one, the thief has to land a skill that costs 3 initiative and looks very obvious/takes time to perform before they get the ability to deliver a larcenous strike. If you can’t dodge, block, blind, knock the thief back/down (improved bane signet? Yes Please!) when they approach to use flanking strike, or otherwise avoid that skill and/or the followup, chances are you would have died even faster against a backstab thief in the same situation.

(edited by Kharel Arhew.1437)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Yeah. all our build is just be… kittened by a thief skill.
And from now, you can see thief steal boons from every enemy like candy :-D
Every build based on boons has been destroyed by one single fix.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

What do they mean with the signets being 100% now?

in Guardian

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

Yeah. all our build is just be… kittened by a thief skill.
And from now, you can see thief steal boons from every enemy like candy :-D
Every build based on boons has been destroyed by one single fix.

It’s an ability they can use every five seconds and it only takes up to two boons. I’m not sure I’ve even seen a glass cannon thief last the 10 or 15 seconds he’d need to steal my most minimum amount of boons.

No major nerfs and some minor balance type stuff. Guardian will still feel like one of the most complete classes. Can’t complain.

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Some players were commenting that Hold the line removed conditions with out Pure of Voice being traited. I noticed this too but i thought it was Signet of Resolve and coincidence

Wow, so obviously something not very many people even knew about gets fixed, and Scepter’s auto attack, the one thing that surely every Guardian player knows about, including some people who didn’t even play a Guardian, get’s ignored!!!!

Please Anet! If, (just IF) this is really an intentional design, JUST LET US FRIGGING KNOW!!

For the record I don’t have a problem with the scepter, I understand how the Guardian class is supposed to work. Please do not use my comments to complain about something you do not like. Gamers have been complaining about the guardian scepter since forever. I am pretty sure this has reached the developers ears months ago.

what happened with Hold the Line was a bug; it wasn’t supposed to happen and they fixed it. Anet didn’t have to say anything about it, but hey they admitted they made a mistake which is great.

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

So it looks like every singet in the game got buffed except judgement?

in Guardian

Talloc.6835

So it looks like every singet in the game got buffed except judgement?

Judgement and Resolve. A 20% passive damage reduction and 5 second single condition cleanse would just be silly. We’re already hella tanky even without running Judgement.

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Judgement isn’t listed in the notes. I just put it on the verify that it is still 10%. You know, I may have considered a singet build if judgement got buffed. With it not being buffed, it’s still not worth it.

Also, perfect inscription doesn’t apply to judgement anymore if the tooltip can be believed.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

Talloc.6835

Wow, so obviously something not very many people even knew about gets fixed, and Scepter’s auto attack, the one thing that surely every Guardian player knows about, including some people who didn’t even play a Guardian, get’s ignored!!!!

Please Anet! If, (just IF) this is really an intentional design, JUST LET US FRIGGING KNOW!!

For the record I don’t have a problem with the scepter, I understand how the Guardian class is supposed to work. Please do not use my comments to complain about something you do not like. Gamers have been complaining about the guardian scepter since forever. I am pretty sure this has reached the developers ears months ago.

what happened with Hold the Line was a bug; it wasn’t supposed to happen and they fixed it. Anet didn’t have to say anything about it, but hey they admitted they made a mistake which is great.

I wasn’t “Using your comments to complain”

And as I’ve clearly said. why don’t they say something? If it has reached their ears, they should say something to shut people (like me) up. Literally, all it would take is “This design is intentional, It will not be changed” And boom!

Honestly, no one can argue with that.

Anet have been pretty notorious so far about largely ignoring questions and concerns from the player base outside of the Reddit Q&A sessions and State of the Game videos. Kind of silly, really.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I can’t say I’m disappointed to be honest. I’m a little concerned by the Warrior trait and the Thief skill but I’ll wait to see how it will turn out in-game. So all in all not bad patch notes. Signets getting some love is good too!

in Guardian

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

Does anyone know if Signet of Judgment gets buffed if traited with Perfect Inscription?

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Does anyone know if Signet of Judgment gets buffed if traited with Perfect Inscription?

According to the tooltip, it is 10% regardless of the buff or perfect inscriptions. Put it on, retrait to PI, and hover your mouse over the buff icon.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

As I recall, the tooltip of the Signet of Judgement never worked properly with Perfect Inscription, but the passive effect is indeed increased to 12% damage reduction. It’s another case of the tooltips not necessarily reflecting reality—annoyingly common, though they’re apparently working towards fixing these inconsistencies.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Perfect inscriptions and bane signet is quite nice. Its a big power boost.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Signet of Wrath is not effected by Perfect Inscription it seems. Tooltip, Paperdoll, buff icon and weapon tooltips show no increase with the trait active. Unless I’m missing something.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Guardian

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Perfect Inscriptions trait: Recharges can no longer be refreshed.

What does this actually mean? What recharges?

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

It’s not as bad as it looks. For one, the thief has to land a skill that costs 3 initiative and looks very obvious/takes time to perform before they get the ability to deliver a larcenous strike. If you can’t dodge, block, blind, knock the thief back/down (improved bane signet? Yes Please!) when they approach to use flanking strike, or otherwise avoid that skill and/or the followup, chances are you would have died even faster against a backstab thief in the same situation.

Actually they don’t have to land flaking strike, they just have to use it first and larcenous strike is unblockable.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

I wasn’t “Using your comments to complain”. Yes, it was a bug, and indeed bugs should be fixed ASAP.

Still as I’ve said. why don’t they say something? If it has reached their ears, they should say something to shut people (like me) up. Literally, all it would take is “This design is intentional, It will not be changed” And boom!

Let’s review you took my comment, quoted it then proceeded to complain about how Anet fixes something you didn’t know about instead adjusting the scepter’s auto attack which is something you think everyone should be aware of. You used my comment as a launching pad to gripe about the scepter which was mentioned nowhere in this topic until you brought it up. So yes you did used my comment simply saying you didn’t does not undo that what was done.

The developers are in these forums, they post somewhere almost daily. So yes they have seen the many scepter complaint threads and all the suggestions players have mentioned about how to fix the scepter. They don’t have to come and personally answer this every time someone brings it up or post something saying the scepter is working as intended because people don’t read and will continue to complain anyway.

Several months ago the Guardian Greatsword was adjusted and this drew heavy criticism because the key binding for the GS was altered and one of the skills cool down was increased. People threatened to not only reroll but to stop playing GW2 all together because one weapon on one class was changed. Apparently this ruined some builds. The developers never said one word and after about two months the GS complaint threads disappeared.

The point of this story is that Anet (or any developer) does not need to explain their decisions to either adjust or leave a feature as it. If they took the time to answer every complaint nothing would get done and the majority of the answers would be ones that people wouldn’t want to hear anyway. If they posted a notice saying the scepter is working as intended where would they post that, the forum? They’d have to sticky it or else it would get buried and someone else would come along and it would start all over. Then they’d have to do that for the next complaint and the next and so on. Furthermore people would still see the forums and the wiki entries and still complain. Instead of looking at themselves and how they play. In this case giving one simple thought about how the Guardian is played, maybe range isn’t the Guard’s strong point maybe they are supposed to melee.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Still as I’ve said. why don’t they say something? If it has reached their ears, they should say something to shut people (like me) up. Literally, all it would take is “This design is intentional, It will not be changed” And boom!

I can think of a good reason … to remain flexible to change it according to their own timetable … or not. They decide and speaking to players really has no bearing on their decisions. It’s a moot point they don’t make a statement. The statement IS that you go ingame and see it hasn’t been changed. That’s the most significant and far reaching statement they can make.

As for the changes this patch, again we dodge a HUGE nerf bullet this time around. Even some nice increases. Frankly, I like the way Guardian has been handled by the devs so far. It’s a far cry from the clusterF that thieves have been since the beginning.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Scepter autoattack, every patch without a fix this just gets more and more hilarious.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

if anything, i was actually looking forward to the signet changes. bane seems decent, but the rest are still.. we’ll see how it plays out though. was really looking forward to a change to signet of judgment, but perhaps, could have been OP….

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

General
Retaliation now has its own iconic damage floater.

Explains those yellow/orangish looking banners I have been seeing over the heads of mobs… As if we don’t have enough on-screen crap as it is ..

Yes, guardians dodged another potential nerf with this update. I don’t know about the mess the thief class is in, but rangers are having a slow, painful death ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Guardian

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

wow they also tipped the scale for warriors when fighting guards. Very obvious PvP based things countering guardians. Like unblockable attacks. Do we get to keep our aegis at least when the attack hits? And 3% increased damage per boon on target trait. These abilities/traits are almost useless in PvE…. but certainly made for guard countering…ugh so annoying

in Guardian

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

wow they also tipped the scale for warriors when fighting guards. Very obvious PvP based things countering guardians. Like unblockable attacks. Do we get to keep our aegis at least when the attack hits? And 3% increased damage per boon on target trait. These abilities/traits are almost useless in PvE…. but certainly made for guard countering…ugh so annoying

cough elementalist countering cough (also)

in Guardian

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I have a couple of questions regarding Santuary.

First, now that some attacks are unblockable, such as the Thief’s dual DP skill Shadow Shot, does this mean a Thief can teleport inside the bubble or will they get pushed back out again?

Second, now enemies can deal damage to players supposedly protected by a very long cooldown skill, does Anet plan on reducing the cooldown on Santuary to compensate?

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

I have a couple of questions regarding Santuary.

First, now that some attacks are unblockable, such as the Thief’s dual DP skill Shadow Shot, does this mean a Thief can teleport inside the bubble or will they get pushed back out again?

Second, now enemies can deal damage to players supposedly protected by a very long cooldown skill, does Anet plan on reducing the cooldown on Santuary to compensate?

Oh that would be so great if they reduced the recharge time. I would imagine if the thief gets in the bubble, he would get knocked out soon after. Not sure though…