Give me a good build i'll like!

in Guardian

Posted by: Tebasil.4961

Tebasil.4961

I just got my Guardian to level 80, but the class bores me so much.
What may change my opinion of that is a good build.

So basically what i want is a Guardian that can stay alive, but still do alot of damage. I don’t care if it’s condition damage or just raw power.
Healing and stuff is nice, but i mostly wanna kill something because i don’t work in groups alot, but i also wanna be tanky and supportive in a way.

It’s a vague discribtion but that’s so you may give me alot of option to try out, but don’t be afraid to give me something else. If you somehow post a healing tanky option for me that i like, then congratz, you changed my mind! But what i wrote above is still what i want first a foremost.

I play PvE.

Edit: Please everyone, i’m a GUARDIAN. Not a dragonhunter. I don’t have any dragonhunter traits.

(Below is my Guardian AĆ©teria. Say hello if you see me someday!)

Attachments:

(edited by Tebasil.4961)

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Have you played the best standard builds?

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

There is a lot of option to choose from. First of all what weapon do you like playing with? Here a list of different combo that work well together in no particular order.

Power build
- GS + Longbow
- Hammer + Longbow
- GS + Mace/Torch or Focus
- Hammer + Mace/Torch or Focus
- Scepter/Torch or Focus

Condi Build
- Scepter/Torch + GS

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Tebasil.4961

Tebasil.4961

There is a lot of option to choose from. First of all what weapon do you like playing with? Here a list of different combo that work well together in no particular order.

Power build
- GS + Longbow
- Hammer + Longbow
- Scepter/Torch or Focus

Condi Build
- Scepter/Torch + GS

I like GS, and mace isn’t too bad so. So where to go from there?

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That would be the best PvE build for GS + Mace/X

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR5PnsABddCGCBEEhl4BrKA0AqXy7v+3CMLF9iiRA-ThRBABXt/o8DPdDPcRAA4JAQp6PmpEEA-e

Now from there you can swap thing up to fit your needs. That’s what you should aim for, but people can’t find it hard to play first when they aren’t very experienced in the game and die a lot more. You could swap some zerker gear with celestial or soldier for exemple. Keep in mind the more you swap, the less dps you gonna make.

View that as a offensive vs defensive spectrum. The more you swap for defensive gear, skills and trait the less dps you gonna do, but the more resistant you gonna be. Find the right balance for you.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

If you like to do solo-pve, I highly recommend either plenty of blocks (focus 5, mace 2, Shelter for the heal, Renewed Focus elite), or a build that uses meditations. Meditations give you decent burst and okay dps while giving you sustain (through healing). On the other hand, plenty of blocks ensures you won’t have to dodge nearly as much and can focus more on damage.

Here’s an example build similar to what I use for solo pve. (I also like to WvW, so I don’t optimize for pve)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR5NlsAhChgrQgfIOiHqaA0A17dfjhjInivYMC-ThSBABccQACc/BuUS8wDAwMlgXpc7G1fQR3gGHBAAuAAkBgZMA-e

Note: I defaulted to full zerker gear here as that tends to be the most effective for killing things. You have enough sustain/stunbreak/condi clear to be able to solo most everything that is soloable. At first I would highly recommend at least enough vitality to hit around 14k hp, and at least 2100 armor so you don’t get bursted too quickly in unexpected new scenarios. Once you become very proficient you can honestly go full zerker and do just fine! The empty util slot is up to you; slot whatever the situation calls for. I like to default to the sword spirit weapon if no particular situation calls for a utility I have.

in Guardian

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I play Guardian(DH) as a main. I am GS/LB. Use the basic berserker meta build. You can be a little squishy due to a relatively low health pool. But for the most part if you can read mob attacks and learn to move out of the way you should be good. Plus damage is high enough you can burn through things fairly quick.

If you don’t have HoT. I would be using GS/MaceTorch. Same story really.

I will add I keep this build whether I am playing solo or in a group. Unless I am needed to change for certain things.

Threw this together for you. Didn’t use DH since you said Guardian. Not sure if you have HoT or not.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAR5flsAhShY5QwQIQQEHxDVNAag61GCvwjmTxWcGB-TxRBQBFRJUEUCej9H1fioyHUoZABm/AwRBAA-e

You have enough HP with marauders trinkets to give you some cushion. But mostly full power. Get your skill rotation down and 98% of trash mobs will die so fast your low hp wont matter.

I thought similar in the beginning. I wanted to be tanky. Then I realized it was purely for my desired play style. It just didn’t seem to make sense in this game. This was before I even knew what the term Meta build was. As I played more I realized damage was superior. Being tanky just meant things died slower. I tried out changing up to a high power build and haven’t looked back.

(edited by BloodyNine.7504)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Try rev.

You will do more damage
Provide the entire group with your choice of might, fury, swiftness, protection, regeneration & or +50% boon duration.

You will also have better group healing while providing decent damage.

You will also have a decent condition spec.

Not to mention better projectile absorbs & stability application for the group.

The only thing the rev doesn’t do as well as or better then the guardian is condition cleansing, but then again they can just absorb all conditions off of allies and keep up resistance until said conditions wear off.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Try metabattle for meta builds or what Ragnar said: try revenant hes better than 30% other elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: brandname.4736

brandname.4736

Power build
- GS + Longbow
- Hammer + Longbow
- Scepter/Torch or Focus

Condi Build
- Scepter/Torch + GS

and then accommodate for running speed so either use two shouts with terrible cooldowns or throw out a weapon for staff.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

and then accommodate for running speed so either use two shouts with terrible cooldowns or throw out a weapon for staff.

Sigil of Speed works really well and only cost ~3 silver on AH.

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

It seems OP still havent got DH trait ready, well try this then.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR8PlsAxShghQggIOiHqaA0A1rdDehHNnivYMC-ThRBABXt/o8DPdCPcRAA4BAQp6PmpEEA-e

Sword 2+ (Torch4 x3)Radiant Fire proc + Sword 3 + Sword 1 x2 = =dead mob

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)