Glacial Heart

Glacial Heart

in Guardian

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

Glacial Heart feels quite …meh… it was really BAD before, useless in practically any situation.
Now it’s a bit better with the hammer cooldown added to it, but it’s still bad.
The main point of this trait is giving chill, wich is fine…actually i pretty like the idea of giving aoe chill since I enjoy a tanky gameplay (ye ye, tank is useless, ok , but we’re not here for that). Problem is that this trait’s chill is just so worthless, 3 seconds every 15 is far too weak…make it give like 8 sec at least…or reduce the recharge to much less, but right now this side of the trait is kinda pointless.
I mean, it’s even hard to talk about “being balanced”…it’s 3 sec of chilled every 15, when we got skill not that give 5 sec of quickness and fury every 24 ? with one condition converted too… (if traited obviously, but still 5 sec of quickness every 30 is broken)

Even shield is still meh, especially in PvE (but a bit more useful in some situations than that trait for sure), but there’s another post about it.

Glacial Heart

in Guardian

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Imo it’s only worth taking this over Absolute Resolve with a pure dps meditation build with high crit chance, lot of fury / retaliation. Basically ¦ Radiance ¦ Valor ¦ Virtue ¦ with marauder amulet. Radiance gives +10 crit chance

I’d take the +20% dmg whith aegis, and +10% dmg with retaliation from radiance.
Put some air sigil and/or blood sigil on the hammer and use this rotation

Basic rotation: use judge intervention while midair of mighty blow after you teleport use justice active to gain retaliation and 10% more dmg, then if they’re still alive use banish, switch weapons (thats why you need hydromancy on weapon 2) I like the staff because if you can launch your foes against a wall you can use staff 5 to restrain his team from ressing him. I usually use Feel my Wrath at this point and staff 2 to make sure to down him (crit for 3-4k at first contact then press 2 again explode the orb for another 1-2k) spam auto-attack, meanwhile you can place a symbol of swiftness or use the 12x might chanelling thing while in quickness. Pretty good

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

Glacial Heart

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

It had its uses pre-patch as hammer medi guards were quite effective with the trait. However, now that it fights for the same spot as Absolute Resolve.. well the placement really jacked it up more than anything.

Glacial Heart

in Guardian

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

This (can switch staff for greatsword and feel my wrath for renewed focus of course but then less effective in team):
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Bs-Z;1N2G30I3wFV90;9;4OQn;0256058147;4I7H7X;1IBl3IBl3a0s

@ Lumines: totally agree that’s why you need a great deal of dps to make it worth it

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

Glacial Heart

in Guardian

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

On a side yes, glacial heart have some uses in PvP, but still my “problem” was more about PvE…imo it wouldn’t be too imbalancing to separate the traits from PvE and PvP and give a bit of a buff to it.