Glacial Heart Ideas:

Glacial Heart Ideas:

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This would change glacial heart into a hammer proc more so then an unreliable long cool-down trait.

Glacial Heart
Critical hits with a hammer have a 25% chance to chill your target for 1 second. This effect can only occur once every second. [optional] Chilling your target deals additional damage.

[optional] Chill your target for 4 seconds when struck by a critical hit. Cannot trigger more than once every 15 seconds.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Glacial Heart Ideas:

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I think the whole ‘chill’ thing on hammer is out of place. Still, I doubt there is much justification to change it to something more fitting.

The problem I have with Glacial Heart is it’s value in PVE (none?) and it’s value as a 1 second duration for a medium effect, tier 20 trait in PVP. I mean, if someone is in your hammer range, the chill effect is overkill and the duration is negligible.

Increasing to 4 seconds with 15 lockout seems a little out of place with other procing effects. Probably something like 3/30 is more reasonable. I would love to see the ‘optional’ part be “deal additional damage to chilled targets”.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Glacial Heart Ideas:

in Guardian

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

I think they should do like what they did with the Warrior, just completely remove Glacial Heart and replace it with something else. It has practically 0 synergy with the other traits, other than the “+10%dmg on target with conditions”. But then again you’re relying more on that condition damage being Burning rather than a chance of Chill every 45 seconds.

You can change Chill duration, cool down, make it into aoe, etc… but Chill is completely useless on a Guardian where almost everything is synergised with Burning. I have no idea with the devs were thinking. That’s like “oh, let’s add a chance to Poison on the Focus!” Glacial Heart, really? In my eyes, the skill is completely useless.

If there’s anything on the Hammer you want to fix, it’s that the 3rd chain of the auto-attack almost never gets seen. Change that skill to something like “Protector’s Heart” where there is a chance to cast Symbol of Protection on critical. Symbol duration 2-4 seconds every 45 seconds.