Godly celestial build stats (self buffs)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hero.2319

Hero.2319

Okay, maybe not so “godly” but IMO is still pretty well balanced.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR8dlUgiDnGyKEf4ESmiVCBxUgRZ01DIKiaIA-jkyAoNBZ6TgpCQJ/hImFzaVrIasqZAV9iq1LYuEMpA0TZE-w

I’m running a 0/0/30/20/20 meditation build on my guard. You can see my stats with only self buffs in the attachment. However, I’m getting killed in WVW roaming, especially by necros and eles.

Any tips on how I can do better in 1v1 or 2v1? Maybe different build suggestions?

Attachments:

(edited by Hero.2319)

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Is this with stacks? Well I am sure this is with stacks this looks like I don’t know signet of mercy, bane, precision stacks so that it looks good.

Ele’s soft CC’s from chill and cripple are a pain since it is hard to stay on top of them. I main Ele new on guard and that is the first thing I noticed when I would fight Ele’s is staying on top of the. Lemon grass helps to reduce their soft cc. Necro is dps them down before they can kill you.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Enter your build on gw2 calculator site so we can see how you allocate everything

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Hero.2319

FYI I’m not using any signets. Using power food and sharpening stones. 25 stacks of bloodlust. Precision is from self fury from meditations. No might stacks…

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Wow so you have 21% critical chance unbuffed…? You need to rework your build if you aim to do dps

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Hero.2319

Wow so you have 21% critical chance unbuffed…? You need to rework your build if you aim to do dps

Well, since all 3 meditations grant fury and with fast recharge and boon duration, I have almost 100% fury uptime. So I think 41% crit is more than enough for dps. It’s the survivability im concerned about. I have 2 sigils of energy on my weapons and I dodge heal for about 1100hp, but I can’t seem to win any fights…maybe something wrong with my techniques.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Having 41% crit chance and 89% crit damage is counter productive, might as well drop that crit damage another 25-30% and get raw power for it. If you can get another 10% of crit chance without dropping power for it that would be a different story.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in Guardian

oZii.2864

I can’t see how a guard has 100% fury uptime running 3 meds. Or even almost 30 virtues 30 valor?. I like your power though but from a general across the game standpoint your crit chance is to low.

That is my issue with celestial trinkets on the ele forums which is my main we all know not to go celestial trinkets and that is def perma fury if you chose. Your always looking for that one stat.

I would look at the knight of knight precision main star trinkets. Put those in accessories. Those seem really good on guard where critical chance seems to be that difficult stat to get without being to glassy.

You really need more crit chance I would drop celestial rings for zerk valk here. I made the mistake of getting all celestial trinkets on my ele and I wish I hadn’t. Armor is fine for a few pieces don’t like trinkets at all.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Guardian

Hero.2319

I’m using something similar to this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR8dlUgiDnGyKEf4ESmiVCBxUgRZ01DIKiaIA-jkyAoNBZ6TgpCQJ/hImFzaVrIasqZAV9iq1LYuEMpA0TZE-w

How can it be improved? Note I’m only interested in SOLO ROAMING.

in Guardian

oZii.2864

I am no guard expert but just general stats I would pump up power drop divinity for something else. Lyssa is good on med builds or eagle to get critical chance up. I would probably go lyssa cause you can’t have enough condi removal.

I like that trait setup also. I personally only reccomend 2-3 pieces max of celestial on armor and more focused trinkets. You have to see what stat you would give up. I would try it with lyssa runes first keep the rest the same then adjust from there,

{Thief}

in Guardian

oZii.2864

Harbringer , Amins, and brutality have very good build suggestion I would give their posts a read.

Harbinger has paragon build and brutality has a sticky up top but their build are much less healing power. Which isn’t really needed with meds

{Thief}

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUUQNAR7dlUgSDHHyMEf4ERli4dPMFVMjXPgIFbIA-jADBIjERzUEQkFCZ0IwpmDZM7MqVSFRjVZDT9CWDbIq2bDRzmL1CBobMA-e

I have been playing with the possibility of moving from shouts to meditations, this is the build that I came up with.

Mostly for WvWvW so it has a focus on survivability via armor and a decent health pool to make rogues cry.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Doh. Wrong post. I hate celestial. Lol. Sorry.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

not much i can do against a necro i see them at spvp needing 3 people to kill them .
but torch can create them some trouble for them, you can remove conditions while damaging them.

action combat made mmos better lol

(edited by jihm.2315)

in Guardian

Posted by: reign.2369

reign.2369

So there’s no hope of a decent medi roaming build?
Right now I’m running 0/0/30/20/20 with a mix of valk/knights with zerker weapons and it’s ok but was planning on getting celestial but after reading this I don’t think I’ll bother.

I run a full zerk medi 10/30/30 sword/focus scepter/torch build for spvp and dueling, not sure why people are having trouble with necros if you are running trip med.

in Guardian

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

Learn to play zerk and remove 15 points from honor.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

in Guardian

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Any tips on how I can do better in 1v1 or 2v1? Maybe different build suggestions?

I can tell from a glance that your build will get countered by a condition necro really fast in a 1v1 situation, and there are a lot of reasons why, see below.

Your build is currently tuned towards “zergling” rather than 1v1. Let’s look at what you lack against a condition necro.

Skills first:
Shelter is the very worst heal skill you can bring against a condition necro. Shelter is not blocking anything at all because the conditions are still ticking on you. Signet of Resolve is what you need when fighting a condition necro. It removes a condition every 10 seconds and is almost double the heal amount of Shelter. In a 1v1, Shelter is unlikely to be blocking enough hits to warrant the loss of 4k heals from Signet of Resolve, and you probably wont block enough hits to gain any meaningful amount of Might stacks to overpower your opponent.

“Stand your Ground” is lackluster against any condition necro. Retaliation does not tick on them much, and Stability only prevents Fear, which a simple stun breaker can take care of instead. Even Signet of Resolve passive can take down Fear often(though not reliably). “Stand your Ground” is more oriented towards a group vs group situation, rather than in a 1v1 situation. Contemplation of Purity will fill in better as it is a stun breaker(breaks Fear), it is also a condition converter(you lose ALL conditions, and you gain boons instead) plus it is a meditation. The recharge is not too high, it is 48s because you are already traited. 48s is less than the 50s recharge on Absolute Resolution in terms of condition removal unless we include Renewed Focus combo.

In a 1v1 situation, you might also want to consider “Save Yourselves”. Since it is 1v1, we will consider that you are not pulling any conditions to you. 12s of extra Fury + Protection + Regen + Vigor + Swiftness + Retaliation(yes you gain more Retal than “Stand your Ground”!) is worth it to take in a 1v1, even on a 60s recharge. Often, 12s is all you need to finish off someone really quickly. Additionally, it is a stun breaker so you can use it to surprise your opponent and reverse the flow of the battle. You will probably only get to use it once in a 1v1, but it might just be enough to turn the battle into your favor.

Traits next:
Honor line(other than Vigorous Precision) is also more oriented towards group play. First, if you do swap out “Stand your Ground”, you dont need Superior Aria anymore. Superior Aria was not doing much in your build anyway, it is currently moving “Stand your Ground” from 30s to 24s recharge. 6s recharge on just one non-self-heal skill feels like wasting a trait slot.

In a 1v1 situation, I would pull out 15 points in Honor and invest 10 in Radiance.
Almost all Adept Major Traits of the Guardian are bad for 1v1.
But you want to consider Boon Removal in 1v1 though. The new buffed Searing Flames in Radiance is good in 1v1 against almost any class. With 10s cooldown, if you did not activate Justice, you are removing a boon from your foe on every Whirling Wrath, or every Zealot’s Defense.
You might also consider Signet Mastery just for Signet of Resolve. Making Signet of Resolve almost the same recharge(32s) as Shelter(30s) while removing conditions passively and healing for 4k more is definitely worth taking, even if you are not using any other signets.
You might also want to consider 10 points in Zeal instead just for Fiery Wrath. Zealot’s Speed is pretty bad in 1v1 as it is only a small stationary AoE, but you gain Retaliation(which works well against many classes but not condition necros).
Then 5 points in Virtues for extra damage, specially with CoP or SY.

Stats finally:
Cleric is very bad against condition necros. First, they have Poison, it kills any meaningful Healing Power you might have. Then you have a lot of stats wasted on Toughness. Condition damage from condition necros simply bypass Toughness, therefore every point you have in Toughness is considered wasted against them. Last, you have very low Vitality, which means you do not last long against conditions. If you want to deal with condition necros, you might want to consider Melandru Runes and Lemongrass Poultry. Those will get you a long way against any condition builds, as well as save your life in WvW. Another option is Lyssa with Renewed Focus + 25 Virtues.

Final note: Condition necros are much more fragile than they look. A condition necro is probably investing all of their stats into condition damage, and have very low stats of everything else, so if you can outlast them with good skills/traits/rune setups, you will probably win the fight or force them to withdraw. What I mean by this: you do not need to make all the above suggested changes to your build to outlast a condition necro, but only a few of these should be enough to compensate for what you lack.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

in Guardian

Posted by: squeezebag.4618

squeezebag.4618

There are no words for the amount of fail in this thread.

in Guardian

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

I’m using something similar to this:

How can it be improved? Note I’m only interested in SOLO ROAMING.

Similar?
lol , how about you just post your build instead of trying to be all secretive, your making yourself look silly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Necros are just going to screw you over 1v1, there’s not a whole lot you can do about it besides switching to a PoV triple shout with soldier runes (and maybe traited purging flames) , but that sacrifices everything the build goes for.

Your stats look fine, try posting videos for feedback, your play is probably the issue

Also what sigils are you using, if it’s anything but energy then that is bad

GM – [Ark]ham

in Guardian

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138