Good weapon combination for Silverwastes?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Hey!

So,I’m pretty hyped for the beta and I just got back to the game after…what? 6~7 months? (because I had to,unfortunately)

And I was wondering what would be a good weapon combination (not asking for precise builds etc…) for Silverwastes?

I was thinking,since there is no mob drop,you get chests from event it seems,Staff isn’t really NEEDED like it is in every other zone for farming.

I was wondering what is everyone using for guardians right now,also,I guess zerker is good on this map,right? or something more tank-y is needed?

Thanks in advance!

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

GS/Mace+Focus is what I run. Sword+FOcus would be good too, I just like my mace and silverwastes is lazy time for me.

GS is nice because of the burst, you can leap in (blinding) and whirl and drop a lot of damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

For defending, GS + anything you like. Staff, hammer, scepter/focus are pretty good depending on what you want to achieve. I personally prefer sword/focus since my moto is good damage easy live ;p.

For boss, scepter/focus + torch work wonder here since every boss has quite big hit box.

(edited by gin.7158)

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

normal builds are fine, so do whatever u want. lots of conditions so have enough clense to survive.

may want to bring scept, some of those breach bosses will wrek u if u melee them, like the boss at blue

for vinewrath, take a hammer. the cc is good support for keeping baddies off while helping walk the npc to the walls

in Guardian

Sorean.5379

Okay,thank you guys,much appreaciated!

I’ll try GS – Sword/Focus for now,but I’ll be sure to try torch too,I kinda like it.

Can’t wait for the expansion too,excited for Longbow!

in Guardian

Posted by: Renshu.5329

Renshu.5329

Hey! Glad to have another player in the Wastes with us. If you’re not looking to do a hard DPS, offensive role and prefer to roam around —especially with a Comm tag-- try my build I call the Silverwastes Savior!

It’s a great build if you have Cleric Gear, and just want to be more of a hard-support instead of a purely offensive role. The upside is the heals are ridiculously strong, and you can tank virtually everything, due to your durability.

How it Works
Should be fairly self explanatory how it works when you look at the build. This is a front-liner medic made to combat all disasters alike in SW. With over 2,000 healing power, in tandem with Toughness as a secondary stat. Your durability and utility go through the roof. I DON’T USE NOMAD’S because of 1 reason. No power, this build still uses auto-attacks on your mace.

I’m not stacked right now but let’s deal numbers. I have about 1,650 healing power, without Signet of Mercy, and without Stacked Life from my Stave.

Healing Breeze has a 0.2 Ratio of healing power per pulse, there are 5 pulses. That’s roughly 1600 × 5 pulses of healing over 4 allies, or 32,000 healing

Hold the Line’s regeneration boon gives over 2350 healing over 7.25 seconds over 5 allies, or 11,750 healing over 7.25 seconds on 5 allies

Symbol of Faith, and Symbol of Swiftness with Writ of the Merciful heals per pulse.
Symbol of Faith Heals, 1,682 over 5.25 seconds, on 5 targets while Mace is active, PLUS 231 per pulse(4 pulses +1 upon imprinting) meaning, 2,837 healing is done over 5.25 seconds on 1 target, on an extremely low CD ability on mace 2.
Symbol of Swiftness heals for 212 per pulse with 5 pulses, on 5 targets.

Virtue of Resolve, in this build becomes a nuclear heal with an extremely powerful regen buff, or an endless source of outstanding regen.
With a value of 2,863, and a Regen of 2,018 over 6 seconds This becomes a heal of over 24,405 over 6 seconds on 5 targets, plus 3 conditions removed! . On a freaking, Virtue that is RESETTABLE, this is simply INSANE.

In tandem, Detonate Orb of Light(1,600) and Detonate Shield of Absorption(1,600) , with Virtue of Resolve(2,863) can be a nasty combination burst heal*(6,063 Heal)* that can save lives in the crucial moments, and can be done almost in under a second if done properly.

These abilities don’t even include Life healing stacks from your stave, or account for healing on swap to Mace&Shield, and the proc of Superior Sigil of Water on Shield, OR your dodge rolls which heal for 1800 on 5 targets, with no CD. This is just stupidly insane how much healing comes out of this build.

Substitute Runes
Superior Rune of the Trooper -> Superior Rune of Mercy

Personally I’d never choose to take off Trooper because 2 condi removal per shout off 5 people is so invaluable in SW, which endlessly annoys its players with bleeds, cripples, and poisons upon poisons, but if you find yourself on a tight budget, go for Mercy Runes. As a front line healer, the Mercy runes will keep you alive when you pick up downed allies.

For your utilities, swap out;

Stand Your Ground! -> Retreat!
When you need to need to double swiftness stack to get somewhere when you don’t have your trusty Speed Stick(Stave sigil slotted with Superior Sigil of Speed!), stacked on creeps.

Save Yourselves! -> Signet of Mercy
When you don’t need the extra stunbreak / condi-removal. This is an excellent signet used to pick up dead Fortress Commanders, just be careful how you aim it! It’s a long CD that could save a fort from being overthrown!

Save Yourselves! -> Wall of Reflect
When you’re up against Mordrem Champion Thrasher at the VW event! Don’t forget to change your Virtue Adept trait to “Master of Concecrations”!

For Food, it’s not listed on the Build but use;
This!
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Delicious_Rice_Ball[
Not only is this easily the best healing food in the game, it’s the cheapest and the most potent all in one!

If you feel like being a jerk and just wanna stack regen, use Mango Pie instead!

Also, about the rice balls. It lists OUTGOING Healing increased by 10%, but it still affects ALL HEALING in general, regen included. I’ve tested it myself and I’ve seen my rolls which are supposed to heal for 1,779, heal for 1,886! So all my values I listed in here basically get increased by an additional 10%, and this was all done WITHOUT Stacked Life buffs, or Signet of Mercy!

I hope you give my build a shot!

(edited by Renshu.5329)

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Just roll with staff spam 1 aoe 360 1200 range auto attack.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Sorean.5379

Hey! Glad to have another player in the Wastes with us. If you’re not looking to do a hard DPS, offensive role and prefer to roam around —especially with a Comm tag-- try my build I call the Silverwastes Savior!

Wooow,thanks!

I actually do have clerics gear in my inventory too (I bought when my Guardian hit lv80,but people kept complaining about it not being zerkers lol,so I bought zerker and kept my exotic clerics gear just in case)

I like the Signet of Mercy tip,I’ll try your build tonight,since at night I feel like there are more people online,I can test this cleric build without sacrificing too much dps.

Thanks for the time you took to write all this,I did read all of it so it was not in vain :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

you just need pure damage. range and close.

personally I run
Hammer + S/T (cause i love hammer)

I am running 06602 meditation full ascended zerker with glacial heart + fury medis
sigil of fire and air. Stuff just explodes.

The harder mobs you can handle from range with two immobilizes + ring of warding +banish.

like you said. staff is a terrible idea.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

scepter + anything will do

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

On my guard i go 0/3/6/4/1 AH/EM with renewed justice for the blind/might spam . Equip GS/Hammer and all zerk gear and i basically can jump in the middle of anything and never die. I can solo mobs with 40+% crit chance and 200% crit damage. If there are any allies around i literally never see my HP go down due to the AH/EM/Renewed Justice/Symbol boon combo.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Healing builds work quite nicely in the Silverwastes. I’ve held forts literally by myself just by healing the warmaster with a staff/Healing Breeze/Tome of Courage/etc, and rezzing him/her with Signet of Mercy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Just for the fun of it i tried Mace/Focus/Hammer last night in Silverwastes

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAS5dlsApWotCxUI8DRBDRkjNYnVeed0RAA-ThSDAB9o07IlBU8EASVJ4Lq/UgZIS0NAgpHJuIA0s/AZAMHDA-e

i calculated the regen, typed it up and then my browser crashed so im not gonna type it all again but basically i can get 952 hp/sec on average using normal rotations WHILE SOLO! I can get WAY more if allies around due to Altruistic Healing. (and there are always allies in SW).

Its super tanky (due to regen) in mostly zerker gear (knights weapons and 2 cleric accessories)

had a lot of fun with it and never felt like my HP was ever dropping.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "