Gotta love that pug mentality

in Guardian

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

/15charsyoloswag420

That isn’t pug mentality. That’s meta/dnt mentality.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Gotta love how they quickly log off after whispering you so that you can’t rebute them.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

/15charsyoloswag420

How’s that meta/dnt mentality??? In almost every single meta build dnt or not, the guardian always have a Greatsword.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Learn to spot/avoid trolls and little kids.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Well now, he told OP how it was. You should have brought your staff and mace, yo.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Gotta love how they quickly log off after whispering you so that you can’t rebute them.

That’s them blocking you actually.

Also lol @ 9k AP and only one legendary, git good scrub lmao

in Guardian

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Did you even bother looking at the image?

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

That’s them blocking you actually.

Oh that’s even worse then.

Btw, what is “dnt mentality”? and “yoloswag420”?

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Can’t answer the first one.

But yoloswag420 is just shorthand for “I’m a gigantic bag of d.” YOLO = You Only Live Once (new age carpe diem) and swag as in swagger and 420 as in weed.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Its bit confusing with the OP deleted. What is this all about again?

in Guardian

Posted by: torukmakto.3412

torukmakto.3412

I believe DnT mentality was referring to the guild Death N Taxes [DnT], they do speedruns of dungeons, so they run the highest DPS Build with Armor and Weapons to match.

As Thaddeus.4891 mention, the GreatSword has always been apart of the Guardian Meta,

@ Pregnantman.8259, the OP was kick from an Pug Group for having an GreatSword Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I love the irony … a META player being kicked by PUGs. Guess it’s both ways.

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Its bit confusing with the OP deleted. What is this all about again?

It’s a screenshot of him outside a dungeon after having just been kicked on his meta guard by a warrior going:

“we don’t need FGS i have enough dps”
“lol gs on guardian youre supposed to be tank”
“9k ap and only one legendary lol i have six already”

Then blocking him. Overall good times.

in Guardian

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

From what dungeon he was kicked?

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

lol. Greatsword is the Guardian’s weapon 90% of the time
Warrior now has lower dps than a ranger.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

lol. Greatsword is the Guardian’s weapon 90% of the time

Don’t forget that Hammer is also part of the Guardian meta. I hate the “clink, clink” noises of Greatsword auto, as if I was swinging a rusty piece of metal.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Not really lol.

quote=4190848;Pregnantman.8259:]
Don’t forget that Hammer is also part of the Guardian meta. I hate the “clink, clink” noises of Greatsword auto, as if I was swinging a rusty piece of metal.[/quote]

True, but even on a Hammer build, you usually run GS for burst and Hammer for AA. Of course, you can camp Hammer with only a small lost of DPS, which is not the case with GS or Sword camping which make you lost a big chunk of dps.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I love the irony … a META player being kicked by PUGs. Guess it’s both ways.

That is pretty ironic.

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

From what dungeon he was kicked?

He was standing in some snowy area so I’d guess SE or HOTW.

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Basically taken down because I didn’t blur out his name, I was kicked from a SE party because I had a go at this elementalist not stacking might or using LH, just spamming scepter auto, I asked him, why aren’t you using LH and stacking might because scepter auto is bad. He then replied im a pro and don’t need to listen to you, his friend then backed him up by saying all eles are for are fgs and nothing else. I didn’t say anything until p3 afterwards when they called me a noob guardian and I asked why, they said you use GS and its bad, they then kicked me from P3 and because I only have 1 legendary on this character the dude decided to ping his 6 and call me a noob for using GS, he then blocked me so I couldn’t reply to him

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

That’s what I call ‘Karma’.

in Guardian

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Just another day in pve. Ever punish yourself with a 3+ hour fotm run only to have the party leader disband because he can’t stop dying to the dredge boss’s bombs? And it was the last fractal in the chain before the boss bonus….

Wish I could report people for being terrible sometimes. With great power would come great responsibility.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Basically taken down because I didn’t blur out his name, I was kicked from a SE party because I had a go at this elementalist not stacking might or using LH, just spamming scepter auto, I asked him, why aren’t you using LH and stacking might because scepter auto is bad. He then replied im a pro and don’t need to listen to you, his friend then backed him up by saying all eles are for are fgs and nothing else. I didn’t say anything until p3 afterwards when they called me a noob guardian and I asked why, they said you use GS and its bad, they then kicked me from P3 and because I only have 1 legendary on this character the dude decided to ping his 6 and call me a noob for using GS, he then blocked me so I couldn’t reply to him

Don’t pay attention, the other day I was on a similar situation with a kitten that was angry because he was the only one who ran to face tank the Ghost Eater at the end of AC path 2. He said we were all afraid of aggro without realizing you have to set at least one trap before being abble to deal any damage. I obviously told him to learn to do things properly, we finished the dungeon, he wrote me a wall of text I didn’t even bothered reading and then blocked me.

This game is getting filled with morons, nothing in common with the community 1 year ago; too many people thinking they are “good” because they’ve seen a couple videos on youtube.

Being elitist is more justified than ever. 8k AP, full zerker, ping gear, or not wasting my time running a dungeon with you.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I think some of the older vets here also need to realize that there’s a influx of new players lately. They are vets from other games where things are done differently and have a different mindset than that of GW2. Tone makes a big difference when trying to convey a message. Just keep that in mind.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

This game is getting filled with morons, nothing in common with the community 1 year ago; too many people thinking they are “good” because they’ve seen a couple videos on youtube.

The open world PVE aspect of the game does NOTHING to prepare people for the jump in difficulty they will experience when doing dungeons so there if we want people to be less ‘moronic’, Anet needs to start thinking about content that bridges that gap.

But Anet isn’t only to blame here: Players (especially the type that love to tell you how to play) aren’t doing themselves any favours promoting game styles and builds that people may not be comfortable or capable with either. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.

People adopt behaviours they see. Kick someone a few times for bad AP or gear pings … their going to start creating their own criteria to kick others. That unfortunately is a player created issue started from … well, let’s just say what comes around goes around.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Just another day in pve. Ever punish yourself with a 3+ hour fotm run only to have the party leader disband because he can’t stop dying to the dredge boss’s bombs? And it was the last fractal in the chain before the boss bonus….

Wish I could report people for being terrible sometimes. With great power would come great responsibility.

There’s a reason I stopped doing Fractals around mid-20s. The constant ragequits/wipes were getting really dumb. I guess it’s probably easier now with the vastly higher AR you can get but that kitten still takes forever so meh.